• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked 1st RCI exchange

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
So, easy to do right online....we are going to Cape Cod next August. 5 nights in a 1 bedroom with 2 baths at the Cove at Yarmouth. The resort received great reviews on Trip advisor. It has great amenities and is centrally located. THe best part it is only 80 points for the 5 nights.

Looking forward to many more exchanges!:thumbsup2

I will report back after the summer.

Happy holidays everyone!

Nice!! Please do not forget to come back and report on the place and your experience. Would love to hear about it. The exchanges are not mentioned often.

Merry Christmas!!

I've had nothing but positive experiences with RCI exchanges. They're a snap!

I've had nothing but positive experiences with RCI exchanges. They're a snap!

Glad to hear that. Always read negative comments or it's not a good value/exchanging, etc. Thank you.

There are great values to be had with RCI but you need to make sure you read reviews on trip advisor and others since many of the places we have stayed are just 4 star resorts at best. We still had a great time sight seeing different areas of the United States. The trip to Cape cod is on my bucket list and I went and looked at the points and it is very doable and probably will be a 2015 trip for wife and me.

Nice!! Please do not forget to come back and report on the place and your experience. Would love to hear about it. The exchanges are not mentioned often. Merry Christmas!!
Only roughly 3% exchange. IMO they can be good options but are best when one plans ahead (at least a year), is truly flexible (most DVC members aren't even when they say they are) and when they investigate adequately. It's never an option worth buying for but can be worth trying.

Only roughly 3% exchange. IMO they can be good options but are best when one plans ahead (at least a year), is truly flexible (most DVC members aren't even when they say they are) and when they investigate adequately. It's never an option worth buying for but can be worth trying.

Definitely a small percentage. In 14 years of owning - have only exchanged once (II - Royal Sands, Cancun). Willing to give RCI a try. Just waiting for dh to say yes some day:) Will eventually book but love to read experiences/reviews.

I do browse Trip Advisor and also belong to TUG for reviews.

Definitely a small percentage. In 14 years of owning - have only exchanged once (II - Royal Sands, Cancun). Willing to give RCI a try. Just waiting for dh to say yes some day:) Will eventually book but love to read experiences/reviews. I do browse Trip Advisor and also belong to TUG for reviews.
As I've said a number of times, the way to use DVC for exchanges is to plan ahead and shoot for the moon. That requires planning well ahead to have a chance at the top options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter