Just back!

ElleBelle

Been there, done that, going back!ºoº
Hi all- My DH and I just returned last night from a long weekend (11/17-11/20) in WDW for our anniversary. This trip was done spur of the moment- we only booked it last Saturday! We stayed for three nights at POFQ, had three day hopper passes, and the dining options. We had a wonderful time- that went WAAAAY too fast. Just a quick review of things:

1)Southwest airlines- Was wonderful! Don't worry at all about what category (A,B,C) your boarding pass states. My DH and I ended up with "B" both times (we were unable to print them out online before-hand), and both flights we were able to sit with eachother no problem. Just be there early and take a seat in the appropriate corral.

2)The parks- Beautiful as always. It was a little chilly at times for us- but good enough to wear capris with a t-shirt and a sweatshirt to take off in the afternoon/ put back on in the evenings. All of the parks had very short wait times, and never seemed too crowded- EXCEPT for the MK on saturday (of course we saw that one coming though). All of the parks were decorated for christmas, and had christmas music playing throughout. All of the CM's we encountered were very nice and in their usual disney-fied good moods.

3)The food- We ate our three sit-down meal options at San-Angel Inn, Mama Melrose, and Tony's, respectively. Not a qualm about any of them- other than WAAAAAAY too much food! The amount of food you get to order with the dining plan is amazing- and for the two of us, definitely worth the $$. I would have to say the best of the three was Tony's- The spinach and artichoke with crustini appetizer was to die for. Plus, our server gave us a peaches and cream smoothie in a Tony's souvenier mug for free!

4)The resort- POFQ was a quaint little resort. We chose this resort because we needed to go a little cheaper than a deluxe as this was a spur of the moment trip. POFQ appealed to us because of it's size- smaller than the other moderates, therefore saving us time walking from place to place. Our room was #6148- building 6, first floor, corner looking out right over the Sassagoula river and the boats to DTD- BEAUTIFUL. The room was a good size for the two of us. Now here comes the only downside to the trip- the cleanliness of the room. It was dirty. Period. (a positive was that the beds WERE clean- linens looked very fresh). When we walked in we noticed that the rug looked like it needed to be vaccumed. Upon further inspection we noticed that there were two dirty q-tips on the bathroom floor, and the sinks had hair in them. I decided to check out the shower, and noticed that there was what seemed to be leg hair shavings all down the back side of the tub (like someone had put their leg up on the ledge to shave and let everything drip down the side of the tub, but never rinsed it down). The combination of all of these things had me calling the front desk immediately. I was very nice, and was told that housekeeping would be coming very soon to clean. We left for our evening at Epcot. We returned to our room at about midnight, and everything looked cleaner. The next morning I went to take a shower. But, when I lifted the bathmat towel up from the back ledge of the shower there it was- housekeepings collection of leg hair- from everyone who had ever stayed in the room before us. It was so thick, and there was so much of it stuck to the ledge of the bathtub and bathmat that I nearly vomited. (And I'm a labor and delivery nurse- nothing phases me.) Housekeeping HAD to have seen this- they just covered it over with the bath mat. I once again called and asked to have housekeeping come to clean. We left for the parks, and that night things finally looked cleaner overall. I'm sure this could have happened at any of the resorts, but it just left us with a sour taste for POFQ. We will definitely be trying a different moderate next time, however for whatever reason I'm still partial to the deluxes!

Overall this was a great, quick trip. Lots of magic, lots of fun. It was easier for me to return home this time knowing that we return in 116 days! We drove home from the Philly airport listening to our Happiest Celebration on Earth cd talking about some in's and out's of our next trip! Can't wait! I will be writing a full TR soon.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! :)

But hair in the shower - eeeewww! - is one of my pet peeves. I would have been on the phone to Mousekeeping in a heartbeat too!

I know what you mean about the housekeeping, I had the same problem at POP, I am partial to POR, and I have never had this problem before. I really don't think that the class of the resort should have anything to do with how clean it is. All rooms should be clean and free from HAIR :scared1: in the shower!!! I will definately be more critical if there is ever that problem again, we are hopefully going again in the spring and staying at POP, it was a very nice resort all in all, but they should really be harder on housekeeping about doing their jobs!

Glad you had a good time. I totally understand about the hair issue, my husband rolls his eyes but each time we check into a hotel I do a "inspection" for such things. I would have freaked out if I had found all that in the room, truly. :confused3

I am an inspection freak too........get into rooms ........and LOOK......everywhere.....we have been to FQ five or so times and the same with Riverside.......All Star resorts five or so times and same with Dolphin.....all have been fantastic.........except smoke one time......YUCK TO ME ON THAT ONE....glad taht you had a great time and able to get a get away weekend.
thanks again

dan-tot said:
It is kinda funny offsite the rooms are spotless.

Dan-tot

I do think that this depends on where you stay offsite. I'm sure there are plenty of motels or hotels in the Kissimmee area that are much worse. Also, we have stayed numerous times onsite at various Disney resorts and have never before seen this problem.

gross.jpg

That is a picture of what I came upon the next morning- AFTER we had already called and had them clean the tub once. GROSS!!!!! :earseek:

I agree ... the cleanliness of a room doesn't seem to be dictated by any particular location or price range. For us, the worst room on any of WDW trips was offsite.

AHR

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter