• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back!!

aligr26

Earning My Ears
Well thats us back from the magic, we were there from Mon 10th - Thurs 14th. This was our first time having to go in School hols and a bit of an eye opener for us, we've been so spoilt in the past going in Sept!

It was bitterly cold, and thats saying something considering we live in the North of Scotland where its always cold! All in all we had a good time despite of this!

Highs for us - the chararcter interaction at Cafe Mickey was great this time round, we luved the princess pavilion (the warmth for an hour was welcoming!), getting to meet Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan for the 1st time, and of course, the hot chocolate!

Lows for us - many rides and eating places in the park closed, queue times and Hotel Cheyenne

As I say, this is the 1st time for us in School hols and its the busiest its been for us. Have previously stayed at Cheyenne and loved the theming, but found the room quite run down and shabby this time, also the place was riddled with school kids/groups of teenagers who were noisy at night times and left to run a mock, don't understand why they don't put all the groups in buildings together, we were at the end of a corridor full of big groups. Will not be staying here again.

We ate at the Rainforest Cafe the 1st night, which we all enjoyed, I had the curry which was lovely! The 2nd night we ate at Planet Hollywood, I had the chicken burger which was ok, hubby's pizza was delicious though! The last night we managed to get a reservation at Cafe Mickey, we booked this as soon as we checked in and this was the only night and time we could get. Our booking was at 5.30pm and we were worried that we wouldn't get to see much of the characters, how wrong were we, turned out to be a great time! Food was ok, I had the pizza and think the one I get at Tesco's is nicer..lol! But the character interaction was well worth it!

So home to look at when we can next go..lol! Schools hols now an issue for us, but hey, I'm sure we'll cope!

Welcome back,pleased you enjoyed your trip. Shame it was cold though

can I just ask whos school holiday it was? We're going 11th March, will that still be school holidays?

can I just ask whos school holiday it was? We're going 11th March, will that still be school holidays?

Must have been parts of the UK as one zone of France started only from today

You'll have part of France on holiday as the 3 zones are staggered over the next month - Paris and region are from the 2/3-18/3

But saying that in France these 2 weeks are used normally to go skiing and the fact that they are offering a flash sale to the French during this oeriod means that there is a fair amount of rooms left empty

Welcome back! Where did you get to meet Alice and Peter Pan?

There was quite a mix there, lots of English school kids, Italian, German and French. The Cheyenne was full as we overheard someone wanting to change rooms due to the noise of a school group and they were told that the hotel was full, going by breakfast I would quite believe it!

I think it was holidays for the Belgians the week just gone given the number of B plated cars about this week, I also saw a number of Dutch cars as well

Isila, met Alice and the mad hatter just beside the maze, we just stumbled across them, Alice was lovely and was speaking away to us. We spotted Peter pan and Smee running around the park and followed them, they stopped outside Peter pan's flight ride and we waited to meet them and get a pic.

I think it was holidays for the Belgians the week just gone given the number of B plated cars about this week, I also saw a number of Dutch cars as well

That would explain the French speaking kids other than on the Wednesday ;)

I think that the school groups should be kept separate from everyone else.

I know when went on trips abroad we were and even if at night we weren't supervised (very few trips are even now) and we ran "riot" at least we weren't disturbing families and that :rolleyes:

Yeah definitely Dutch there too, noticed that in Stitch live, in the queue as thought we had joined the wrong one as there was no one speaking English, I actually went back out to check we were in the right queue! Also the people Stitch spoke to were all Dutch.

aligr26 said:
Isila, met Alice and the mad hatter just beside the maze, we just stumbled across them, Alice was lovely and was speaking away to us. We spotted Peter pan and Smee running around the park and followed them, they stopped outside Peter pan's flight ride and we waited to meet them and get a pic.

Thanks, I hope we'll be just as lucky!

Must have been parts of the UK as one zone of France started only from today

You'll have part of France on holiday as the 3 zones are staggered over the next month - Paris and region are from the 2/3-18/3

But saying that in France these 2 weeks are used normally to go skiing and the fact that they are offering a flash sale to the French during this oeriod means that there is a fair amount of rooms left empty

Will they still be off a week today or is it only 1 week they get off?

Welcome home...sounds like a lovely trip....pity about school kids....really good idea to leave them all together.....can remember back a few years just how noisy they were!!!!

Wow! I am absolutely gutted because we never met Alice, I didn't know there was a real Alice, and we only saw Peter on the parade, this has convinced me I'm definitely going back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter