Just back

kalidk

Mouseketeer
Just back....All I can say is WHAT LINES??? If you have any questions feel free to ask...I stayed at POFQ....Starting to think of my next trip hummm when shall it be???? :cool1:

kalidk said:
Just back....All I can say is WHAT LINES???

We just returned yesterday - I'm not sure if I was more excited about riding EE or being able to walk on to it at 11am without a fast pass!! :cool1:

was it still pretty hot? We were there 9/8 - 9-/15, & the lines were really short too, but HOT!!!

leaving in 12 hours, I have been a nervous wreck about crowds. The last time we were at disney it was so crowded my husband said we would never go back. finally convinced him to go back as I read crowds were low this time of year, and I don't want to disappoint or I may never get to go back. tell me everything...

Isn't it hard to be back??? I always get so depressed. I am so miserable at first that I feel like a crazy person!
Wow, would I love for there to still be NO lines! I have a 3 year old going on 4 and a baby who turns ONE while we are there.
Plus, I wouldn't mind some nice weather too! Can you order that up for me plaese. :sunny:
Did you go to Not So Scary???
We leave in 10 days!

Just wondering a few ?'s

-- How are the lovebugs? still there?

--Rain?

Did you do any of the waterparks? How where the crowds there?

thanks, mky princess:

We just got back also, so I'll try to answer some questions. Lovebugs are in full force. And it is hot. It was 95 one day then we had showers on and off and it cooled down to the 80's. But multiple rides on the biggies each morning (EE, ToT, RnR, Splash, Space, Big Thunder, POC, HM) no waits!:cool1: The longest I waited all week was 20 minutes for Big Thunder Friday at 1:00 pm.

I wonder if it's going to get worse crowd wise now that it's October. When we were making reservations while that VISA promotion was going on, they kept telling us places were booked. Could I be mistaken? I would LOVE short lines!
We leave in 10 days too! GF 8 nights! I can't wait!

love-bugs...eww they are there but from what I heard they are down quite a bit from a few weeks ago...(can't imagine what that was like yuck) longest wait for me was 10 min for the country bears. I did see a 30 min wait at one point for test track. But other than that nothing. I was there for the opening day of the food & wine that was Friday night and Epcot in the countries was packed. The weather was hot and a bit sticky. DH was worshiping me because I brought Gold Bond and athletes foot spray (we don't get athletes foot but the stuff is great to spray on your feet at night). We had no issues with out ADR's except we had to wait about 30 for a dinner in Canada. Most of the stand-by waits for MS, ToT, RnR, SM, and Splash were 5-10 min tops.
I did not do the mnsshp but I heard it was well worth it. Then sell the costumes there which I thought (considering its Disney) were quite reasonable in price. I did not do any waterparks this trip. Drink plenty of fluids because it is HOT....Have a great safe trip..

I love the POFQ, its smaller then riverside. The one thing (and I hate writing negitive things) that bothers me was the "mousekeeping"... My room was never really cleaned up, I am not talking about cleaning my mess up but the TV had dust on it all week, and there was stuff on the floor that was there when I got there. The refills on coffee, soap and shampoo was scarce. We had 4 rooms and all of us had this problem. When I spoke to the woman cleaning the room she did not speak English :sad2: But I would stay there again. I just chalk it up to one person not knowing their job. What I like about it is there is only one bus stop. and its the 1st one before it hits the 3 at riverside...It is very quiet and peaceful. I would book there... :thumbsup2

We are just back today also and I don't know if we just went to different parks or what...we had much longer lines than I expected. They averaged 20 minute waits and some had 40-50 minute waits (we usually skipped them or fasspassed them). It was a bit less busy on Friday and Saturday for us. We never walked on without a small wait except at the MNSSHP. It was busier than I expected but not horrible. It was hot. The love bugs were annoying but at least they don't bite! They seemed to get better (less of them) by the end of the week. I thought the MNSSHP on Friday even was WAY crowded. The rides were easy to get on that night but we weren't willing to wait in the long lines for pictures or face painting etc.

I just returned today and have to say, there were LINES on Saturday at MK. It was much busier than I expected. You pretty much had to use FastPass. Some of my observations between 2pm-6pm:

Splash Mtn - 90 Mins
Big Thunder Mtn - 40 Mins
Pirates of Carribean - 30 Mins
Peter Pan - 60 Mins
Pooh's Adventure - 60 Mins

AK on Thursday wasn't bad. Longest wait was 30 Mins for EE. MK on Friday was busier too than a typical "slow month" of September, but nothing like Saturday. Not sure what was going on?

Love bugs were out in force on Wed/Thr, but seemed to be not as bad around the resort on Fri/Sat.

really?? I never go to MK on the weekend, I always go mid-week.I really had no waits...I also got a tip from someone there and I followed it and it worked. If the magical hours are on tuesday for lets say MGM. Go to MGM on Wed. and we did that and there were no long lines. I would go to MH too but I would just walk around and shop.

We were at MK on Sat. We thought is was pretty crowded. We left around 2pm and came back at 8pm for the parade but decided not to stay and went California Grill to sit and watch the fireworks. I have not seen a crowd like that in along time. The last times we went in late Aug and late Jan crowds were much lighter.

we're just back from Beach Club 9/26 - 10/1. We actually followed Tour Guide Mike's advice and really never waited for anything. We joked this morning that the wait for the women's bathroom at the airport today was our longest wait. It DID seem crowded everywhere, lobby, MNSSHP, walkways, but the rides were never long. Even if the stand by time said 20 minutes, if we asked the CM there they would tell us it was shorter. I tried to get fast passes for space mountain and a few others and the CM just laughed and said I wouldn't need them. I think it's a matter of knowing where the crowds are and staying away from those parks.

The love bugs didn't even bother me. They were nonexistent at MK and AK, but everywhere later in the week at Blizzard Beach ( they like water AND white).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter