Just Back-Won't Return To Disneyworld Ever

cf0423

Earning My Ears
After spending 6 days in Disneyworld, then going on the DCL Wonder. I can definilty say I won't return to Disney. Even my 5 yr. old son who was at Disney for the first time doesn't want to go back, although he wants to go back on the ship.

Instead of year of a million dreams Disney should do trips of a hundred disappointements. There were so many ride breakdowns it was ridiculous. Especially when you wait for 2 hours only for Disney to say it wouldn't be running that day. The cast members should either get better information as to what is going on or else they should keep their mouths shut. No info is better than wrong info.

Anyone have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Also although the trip (land portion) was a huge disappointment, I still love Disney, I just will never return to Disneyworld again.

Wow. You must have really had a great cruise. I'm sorry you didn't have such a great time at WDW though.

WOW, thats dissapointing to hear. In my 7 trips to WDW and one cruise with them I've never experienced anything that would get me fired up like that. I guess all I can say is I hope you try again.

Yikes!!

We are heading out in 3 sleeps!!! I was wondering which rides were breaking down on you so we can know which long lines not to wait in!!!

K in SA

Yikes!!

We are heading out in 3 sleeps!!! I was wondering which rides were breaking down on you so we can know which long lines not to wait in!!!

K in SA

Pirates of the Carribean (wait time was supposed to be 20 minutes, my DH waited 2.5 hours with a 12 & 5 year old, I was at emergency room with DD12), Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, Primeaveal Whirl, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and I can't remember what other ones. Also Test Track broke while my husband and kids were on the ride.

I've been to Disney at least a dozen times and have to say Disney needs to invest in ride maintenance and not giving away prizes. I have never experienced a trip like this before, but oh well the cruise was wonderful and kids had a blast there. Bye Bye Disneyworld, Hello DCL

That is so sad.....oh well one less family who could take my Le Cellier ressie :goodvibes

Oh my! So, what specifically happened that made it so bad? What broke down? Was that your only complaint? Did you plan the trip using these boards, Unofficial Guide, Passporter, or TGM? One thing I've noticed is that people who don't plan at all can sometimes be disillusioned.

I'm sorry you had a bad trip. :(

I wouldn't say "ever"!

Beleive me I would, the trip was horrid at the parks. Disney now seems to be concerend with large groups and advertising as opposed to families and ride maintenance. But my kids had a bad enough time at the parks they don't want to go back, they just want to go on the cruise.

After spending 6 days in Disneyworld, then going on the DCL Wonder. I can definilty say I won't return to Disney. Even my 5 yr. old son who was at Disney for the first time doesn't want to go back, although he wants to go back on the ship.

Instead of year of a million dreams Disney should do trips of a hundred disappointements. There were so many ride breakdowns it was ridiculous. Especially when you wait for 2 hours only for Disney to say it wouldn't be running that day. The cast members should either get better information as to what is going on or else they should keep their mouths shut. No info is better than wrong info.

Anyone have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Also although the trip (land portion) was a huge disappointment, I still love Disney, I just will never return to Disneyworld again.

Woah woah woah... I worked at Splash Mountain, a very (and I mean VERY) tempermental ride. I know for a FACT that it is IMPOSSIBLE for CMs to know as soon as a ride breaks down (or even 2 hours after that) when the ride will be back up and running.

And as far as "wrong information" ... Well, we are told during our training and from our MANAGERS (ride operation managers as well as AREA managers) what to tell Guests. That is the lastest information. We keep Guests up-to-date.

When a ride breaks down, we told Guests that the ride was temporarily down and they are welcome to wait (which, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you waited?) or to try again later.

I konw what goes on with the attractions. I've worked them. I've RESET them. And I've EVAC'ed them as well. We try, try, and try again to reset. If that doesn't work, we call in maint. to try to see what's up.

Rides break down. Contrary to popular belief, Disney World isn't "perfect." Believe me, we try our very best, but sometimes the ghosts, Brer Rabbit, and Aerosmith just don't want to play with the Guests...

MickeyNicki - "That is so sad.....oh well one less family who could take my Le Cellier ressie"

:) One more Dole Whip for me.

Sorry you had a bad time, to me Disney is the most magical place on earth! I can't imagine having a bad time!

You know, when we were there, for just one day, in January, a lot of the rides were giving some problems. Let's see....EE was down several times when we went back after we first rode it at 9:00. Dinosaur was down for about 2 hrs at opening. We got on PW, only to make it to the first incline and sit there for 20 minutes while they walked people off the higher areas, then us. We walked through Epcot, thought we might hop on TT, nope, that was down also.
Went to MK.....had an issue with BTMRR and Space Mt. Now that I think of it, there did seem to be a lot of rides experiencing issues. Perhaps they should hand out fewer 'dreams' and get more ride maintainence done.
However, we're heading back in August...nothing bad enough to keep us away.

it stinks that u had a bad (land) trip.... i hope if u do go back (one day) its alot better. dcl Q: how was castaway island?

Oh my! So, what specifically happened that made it so bad? What broke down? Was that your only complaint? Did you plan the trip using these boards, Unofficial Guide, Passporter, or TGM? One thing I've noticed is that people who don't plan at all can sometimes be disillusioned.

I'm sorry you had a bad trip. :(

Oh i planned allright for about a year. Even used TGM, but that is not going to help when you waste over an hour waiting to ride a ride that breaks down. then you and all the other fools have to get out of line and find something else to go on. We went to all four parks and there wasn't a ride that wasn't broken down alrealdy or the line wasn't in excess of 1.5 hours. Don't get me wrong I still think Disney is great I just wouldn't go back to the parks. I thought of going to Disneyland next, but if they won't maintian the rides in Florida why would they in California????

Wow...
We just got back yesterday and never had a ride breakdown. We had probably one of the best times down there. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

My only complaint would be that I couldn't go on more rides, being pregnant, but that is not really a complaint, I sent my husband on everything so I could know that one of us was getting on everything. It was a blast. We never heard of any rides breaking down either.

Believe me, we try our very best, but sometimes the ghosts, Brer Rabbit, and Aerosmith just don't want to play with the Guests...

That darn Brer Rabbit was up to his tricks twice on our last trip! ;) Although I was a little tired of the song by the time we were evacuated, it was pretty cool to get a view of the backstage area plus we received fast passes that were good for any ride in the park that day.

To the OP: I'm sorry you had a disappointing trip but I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.

I'm not sure this is the kind of answer you're looking for, but with a WDW vacation, its very important to plan and to set the proper expectations for yourself and, more importantly, for your kids.

Nothing will ever be perfect, but if you and your kids are expecting to have to change plans and deal with the little issues that occur, things tend to go a lot smoother.

Folks. step away from the keyboard.

Don't feed the troll.......

(Considering it's spring break and the sheer volume of other posters at Disney over the past month for spring break and President's Day week...... this just seems unusual)

And yes A ride or two can break down. It's up to you how you view the glass, half full or half empty.

(And the poster loves DCL. SAME COMPANY, SAME MANGEMENT LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter