Just back: What I thought of HRH, IOA and US!

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Spent three nights last week at HRH. Having just come from the Dolphin at WDW, we really missed the balcony but other than that the room was beautiful! The beds were indeed the most comfortable beds we've had in a hotel!!!

The pool was a bit too crowded with a lot of space wasted on "zero-entry", as one of the son's pointed out. Not very deep either. The slide is great but be careful at the end because three ft of water isn't very deep when you're whipping in!!

The Cabana we rented was fabulous!! It was #1 and a popular Cabana as someone actually called us to see if we'd switch. The location was great!

FOTL can NOT be beat!!! We probably rode more rides in an hour at IOA, then we did easily in a day at Disney!!!!

IMHO, 3nights/4days was more than enough time to do these 2 parks with FOTL! In fact, honestly, we did Universal in an afternoon!

IOA was our favorite....they have so many "watering" holes so you don't get too hot! The boys (both teens) loved the rides! Their favorite was Hulk. I liked Spiderman and Jurassic Park.

Any questions???:)

Thanks so much for the review. We leave sunday for WDW, then at the Wyndham for dh's convention, then 3 nights at HRH. I too have teens and they are SO psyched. I think they are more excited about cabana #2 then anything else!

Have a great trip RLMS56!!! If your teens are anything like mine....they will LOVE all the music all over the place!!!

If you can, try to eat at Hard Rock Cafe.....great hamburgers and atmosphere!!:)

Catsrule, if you stay at HRH, you can take Simba so he doesn't live under a bush while you're gone!!!;) :) :bounce:

Too cooool, kitty AND catsrule in one post!! :p MeWOW!

Glad you had a great time, Kitty, I knew you would. BTW, my fave is Spiderman, too... duhh.... :p

Thanks for the report. We leave Wednesday for two nights at HRH then on to WDW for 5 more nights. I was glad to hear you did the studios in an afternoon as that is my plan for arrival day. Our flight arrives at 10Am and by the time we get the car, "refreshments" etc. I figured we'd get to the hotel by 1pm, do the studios that afternoon and hit IOA the following day.

Did you get to City Walk? DS is a huge Bob Marley fan and was hoping to stop by that club/restaurant. He is only 13 so I'm hoping to at least get him there in the late afternoon/early evening so he can at least check it out. Any input?? Thanks and glad you had such a great time. Rojoe

Hi Rojoe. We arrived at HRH at about 1:00, went right to Universal, got back to officially check in our room at 4:00 and then at 6:00 we did IOA til 7:00 when the Park closed. We rode 7 rides in that hour!!!!

We walked past Bob Marley's but never went in so I can't tell you much about it. All I know was we got seated immediately just by flashing our HRH room key at Hard Rock Cafe!!!:) That was too good especially when there was over an hour wait outside!

Thanks for the info!! We leave in 3 days!!! With four teens!!! We are staying only for two nights and have just one park day. Since we have been to both parks many times we are hoping with the FOTL access that this will help us ride a ton while there. Sounds like it will be GREAT!! I was wondering if the opening of the new hotel would make this not a good a feature but doesn't sound like it has affected it. Thanks so much for the post.

Hi Linda. We were there just a couple of days before the opening of the new hotel but I really don't think it will make that big of a difference on FOTL.

Have a great trip!:cool:

Kitty 34-I didn't realize that FOTL extended to the restaurants. All of them or just the Hard Rock? Rojoe

As far as restaurants go, you get next available seating by showing your room key. I know it doesn't work for Emeril's where you need a reservation far in advance.

The concierge has a list of restaurants at HRH. That was so cool not waiting for Hard Rock Cafe!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter