Just back, wanted to say thank you.

rebelmom

Mouseketeer
Just back from our first trip to the world 2-9th. I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips I got off of these boards. Expecially to whoever gave me the tip for putting the money in daily envelopes, that worked perfect. this was the first time on any trip we didn't run out of money before the end of the week, in fact we had money left over almost every day, we actually got to buy extra sovineres on the last day. Thanks again.:)

Originally posted by rebelmom
Expecially to whoever gave me the tip for putting the money in daily envelopes, that worked perfect.

I've never read this tip. Could you explain it to me?
Thanks!

Originally posted by crazymomof4
I've never read this tip. Could you explain it to me?
Thanks!

It a budget tip, I've seen others use it as well.

You put all your restaurant money in one envelope, when its gone, its gone!

Same iwth souveniers, snack money, hotel charges..

It helps you be disciplined.

Thanks!

This makes sense and would work for me as I am the disciplined spender. My DH, on the other hand, would just laugh at me and whip out the plastic! We are the opposite of the stereotypical married couple. LOL

I'll suggest it to him anyway and see what he says.

Expecially to whoever gave me the tip for putting the money in daily envelopes, that worked perfect. this was the first time on any trip we didn't run out of money before the end of the week, in fact we had money left over almost every day, we actually got to buy extra sovineres on the last day.

you split the amount you have to spend into an envelope for each day you are going to be there.... if you were going to be there for 5 days, and had 500.00 budgeted for food and souveners for example

500.00 = 5 envelopes of 100.00 each. when the $$ is gone no more spending that day

this allows for you to have a maximun amount of money that you can spend on one day, and limits you to that 100.00 vs the 500.00 for the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter