• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back - want to plan for May 2006.Which week would be better?

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
Just back from a 4/30-5/5/05 trip and I've decided May is now my favorite time to go as you know it's gonna be warm enough to swim, but not too deadly hot and the Flower & Garden show is at Epcot. With Easter on 4/16/06 next year(I'm pretty sure anyways), would the week of 4/30/06 be after the Easter/spring break crowds? Or would I be better off going on 5/7/06 to hopefully avoid the huge crowds?

Also, wouldn't Mother's Day be on 5/14/06 next year? I don't want to be there on Mother's Day as that's the day I do brunch for the family.

Bump!

We also would like to go back and try May.....so can the experts tell us what the ideal week would be???

Don't forget, EEverest is supposed to open in May 2006 right?

am also planning may 2006 the first week 5/07/2006. Staying at sog for 7 days then four day cruise on wonder.
have always done the fourth of july but want to catch some of the 50th celebratons before it ends hopefully crowds will have thined out and weather will be perfect. :hourglass :moped: :banana:

My DH, DD and I went the 3rd week of May last year and we had beautiful weather the entire time...it wasn't overly hot and I don't remember getting any rain. The only Disney park we went to was Epcot and I didn't think it was too crowded (the longest wait we had for a ride was maybe 20-30 minutes) and we also got to see the Flower & Garden Show which was a real plus. This year we're taking a short vacation over Memorial weekend and I'm expecting it to be a lot busier...and hotter.

Since we havent really answered the op's question, :confused3 and we are all planning to visit in May, I will give it a shot.....I am thinking the week of 5/7/06 would be better than 4/30.06 b/c usually there are extra crowds in the few weeks surrounding Easter..with it being later in 2006-I think getting more into May would be better.
Btw, when we were there in 2004 arriving in Mothers Day, we found it to be no more crowded than any other day in May that we were there.
I think we are going to go with the week of 5/15/06. Seems like the best choice for us. :)

We're planning on May 7th - 17th 2006 and I'm hoping it's a good time to go! Last year we went April 26th- May 4th which was perfect IMO, weather was great, hot but not stifling, low crowds, etc. With Easter being later next year I know it will take a week or two to thin out and get back to normal so we pushed it back a week. HTH

I went almost exactly one year ago today (May 14, 2004)... crowds were not an issue at all. I'd say, judging from history, it is not very busy during the beginning and middle of May.

Aren't there Grad nights the end of April? I know I'd plan to avoid those! I'm not sure if they are the same time every year though? Anyone?

We just got back, we were there the week of May 9th. We had great weather and crowds, plus I absolutely loved the Flower and Garden Festival!
I'm planning on going the same time next year, so I'm planning on the week of May 7th. I think it's a better bet for missing late Spring Breakers and Grad Nights.

We're still deciding, but we're probably going to go on the 4/30/06 Wonder. A lot of people get the week after Easter off... (week of 4/17) and I read in another post that NH schools always get the last week of April off (or was that Europe?).. not sure. Anyway, I called Disney and they only have Cat 6 available as a GTY for May 4th and a few assigned rooms left for April 30th so I think the end of April is still good as far a crowds go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter