Just back today

graham

Earning My Ears
just back today, glad to try and answer any questions- travelled Airtours stayed Hawthorn Suites westwood blvd
trip report to follow shortly:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

Welcome back Graham. I bet you're feeling let down now. It's awful coming back. We've been home two weeks now and i'm still in the dumps. Can't get myself motivated at all.
Hope you settle back soon and the weather improves to at least give some feeling of holidays!!

Julie :D

Welcome back Graham :) Have you announced your return on the UK DIS?
I'd love to hear your opinion of the Hawthorn Suites and it's location :)

I got back last Sunday from two glorious weeks (that's four years in a row so far!). This time I travelled with Airtours and stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate East. If anyone has any questions about the tour operator and hotel I'd be happy to answer them.
:bounce:

Glad you had a great time. We are booked with Airtours in Sept. Just wondered how the flight was, any problems?. Did you pre-book your seats, if so was it a fast check in? (we need to be at gatwick by 8.00am!)
Also did you go to the reps meeting at the Hard rock cafe, and if so was it worth the effort?. We arrive on a Friday evening so if the meeting is a waste of time we will do ee at Magic kingdom instead on our first day.
Thanks Phil.

The flight was Ok. We hadn't pre-booked our seats but the check in time was reasonably fast - mainly because we arrived quite early. Found it was easier to book into the Copthorn hotel the night before so we didn't have so far to travel. The meals on the flight weren't particularly great - but when are they ever?! The in flight entertainment though was very good - each seat has it's own mini screen in the headrest and you get a choice of three movie channels :D (6 for premium seats) plus three other TV channels along with the usual music stations. All the channels get repeated three times throughout the journey so you get a chance to see all three films. If you haven't seen 'What Women Want' yet then i'd hold fire as that was one being shown when I went out. As for the morning meeting, we didn't bother. As we were staying is Kissimmee, and we didn't want to do Universal on the first day, we thought it was a bit far to travel. If you plan on doing Universal though then it's a good way to get free parking! :p

Hope that's helped and have a great time in Sept!

PS. Be sure to check out the Pleasure Island New Year Show (every night at 11.40pm, Pleasure Island West End stage) - It rocks!! :bounce:

I have just returned too.I stayed at the Grand Floridian.I have answered a lot of questions about it.Check out the boards.

Love always
Veronica

Hi, I couldn't believe it when I saw this thread. I am also called Graham and we are travelling to Orlando with Airtours and staying at the Hawthorne Suites Westwood Boulevard!! Needless to say, we are very interested in what Graham has to say about his trip. When is the report due?? Also, when I try to access the UK discussion forum, all I get is a message saying that the service has been suspended??:confused:

We are going out again in Sept, we're staying at the Grand Floridan, how was it I guess it was great but I would love to hear all the details. We are coming out for f ive weeks, we start at the grand floridian, then on to the disney cruise, back to the floridian and then off to do other bits and end up back at disney at the end of our hols.
Many Thanks
Bernadette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter