Just back today, very disappointed.

Do you think I should switch to a standard room? Right now we have reservations for a preferred room- June 2008. I have 5 kids and we will need to sleep. But I don't want to have to walk really far for the bus and food.

It stinks that people can't be considerate.
It seems as if more and more people believe they are "entitled" to their vacation even at the expense of others.

A few years ago, there was a thread on the subject of kids running up and down the halls, slamming doors and making noise after 10:00. I believe the original poster of that thread had stayed at a so-called deluxe. What surprised me, and frankly disturbed me, was the number of people who chimed in in defense of noisy children. The general attitude was, "they're kids, it's Disney World, you should expect noise." What stunned me was that none of those people could fathom that other people were also on vacation and had the same right to a good night's sleep.

I'm not saying kids shouldn't be allowed to have a good time and even be noisy, but after 10:00 at night, can't we all agree that some people are tyring to sleep and we should be respectful of that? What happened to respect for other people?

When I was a kid, you didn't dare call somebody after 9:00 at night. We still look askance at a ringing phone after that hour. But it seems more and more of our friends are indifferent to such things. No one can wait for anything anymore. And everyone is walking around so fixated on their rights and their entitlements that they've forgotten they're not alone. We share this space with other people.

I'll climb down off my soapbox now. I didn't respond to the thread a few years ago b/c I fundamentally refuse to engage in internet message board debates. Such things are fruitless. I posted here b/c it seemed that most people were in agreement that it was rude for people to be splashing about, making noise after the pool was closed. I posted here to encourage other people: if you think such conduct is rude, you are not alone. Regardless of how some people act, as for me and my family, we will continue to think of others first. And to treat people the way we want to be treated.

:moped:

We stayed in rooms 204 & 205 in the football building. If you look at a map, it would be the building closest to the parking lot. The building directly across from that was being refurbed. The end building towards the baseball building was being worked on (all floors). I have no idea how far along they were on the project.

Thanks very much for the response. I'm currently in a "preferred" room, but had been waffling back and forth b/c of the pool noise issue as well as the fact that DS LOVES football... and I don't think I can even request that building w/o being in a standard room.

The refurb and all the talk about how noisy the pools are may have just sealed my decision. Thanks!

OP--Sorry you did not have a great time. A quick ?? about Sports, just want to confirm something I read here earlier. They now do provide bar soap for both sink and shower? There are no more body wash dispensers?
!

Not the OP but here is a Quick answer.
The soap dispers are gone. They took them all out in 2005.
They have bar soap and a bottle of shampoo/conditioner.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

It seems as if more and more people believe they are "entitled" to their vacation even at the expense of others.

A few years ago, there was a thread on the subject of kids running up and down the halls, slamming doors and making noise after 10:00. I believe the original poster of that thread had stayed at a so-called deluxe. What surprised me, and frankly disturbed me, was the number of people who chimed in in defense of noisy children. The general attitude was, "they're kids, it's Disney World, you should expect noise." What stunned me was that none of those people could fathom that other people were also on vacation and had the same right to a good night's sleep.
You are absolutely correct. It is all about the entitlement and the motto "we are on vacation and don't tell us what we can and can't do".

I'm sorry, that sounds awful.

We were at ASMusic and upgraded to preferred because the cheerleaders were staying in the sections we actually wanted. I was surprised by how noisy pool side was, but I think we were so tired from the parks that we didn't notice the noise.

Ironically, what *did* wake us was our neighbor yelling at security to quiet down the peole in the pool. Really, he was screaming at them. I figured he must've gone through a couple of nights of the noise and had had it.

I agree, though, that we will request parking side for future trips. We have on past trips, and never appreciated how quiet they were.

Im sorry to hear that your stay wasnt all that you had hoped =(

The dirty food court and noise level are 2 reasons we will never stay at Sports again.

I am very close to giving Pop a try though =)

Sorry about your experience. I could see how this could be a proble; but, fortunately, we have never experienced it. We spent a night in July in the Homerun section of Sports and never had a problem with pool noise. The resort was quite busy - full of many, many teenagers from Brazil. As a result, I think security was stepped-up a bit. We certainly saw plenty of CMs out and about at all hours of the night. Also, there were a number of signs posted warning that after 10 PM was quiet time.

I agree that this could just as easily happen at any Disney resort. The quiet pool near our POR room (remaining 9 days in July) stayed busy until late at night. Again, guests were respectful during our stay; so noise was never a problem.

Even though some guests think the pools are open 24 hours, they are not. Pool hours are posted at the pools. Check them when you are there and if there is noise after those hours, complain.

You paid for a good night's sleep. Have to wonder when these people sleep, makes you want to take a noodle at 6am and whop their doors with it. ;)

:laughing: :rotfl2: I needed that laugh :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I usually go to PI at night and I ask security if it is ok to swim after hours and they always tell me its ok as long as you don't make noise. I have rarely encountered anyone in the pools except for a couple of families who are usually quiet. I only had a problem once at the contemporary when there were a bunch of rowdy teenagers and I just turned around since I knew they were about to get kicked out. It happens everywhere, if they are bothering you then just call security or a manager and they will handle it.

We are going to stay at POP for 2 nights before moving to SSR...going to request a room away fromthe pool area. Hope next time you have a more enjoyable stay.

Thanks to all the posters on this subject. I plan on writing Disney a note to share the experience with them and offer a few suggestions. I dont want anything, refunds, credit, giflts or even an apology.......I just would like to see an improvement in the situation. I think it would benefit everyone.

POP was a great facility, clean, fresh, I thought everything was good there.
(BTW, I was not in a preferred room location, just overlooking the computer pool)
ASSp was looking a little shabbey in my opinion....prob. why they are going through the refurb. Our room had seen better days. I would def. want a refurbed room at that resort, or I prob. wouldnt stay there.

We are stuck with a preferred room next week as it was all that was available. I will definitely ask for a room as far away from the pool as possible! Also will be dragging my mini electric fan 3,500 miles to help block out the noise. Gonna pack some of them orange foam ear plugs too!

Yep, there are rude, clueless folks everywhere! I ALWAYS try to remember that just because I am awake it doesn't mean that everyone is! I also teach this to my kids and remind them frequently.

We are ALWAYS startled awake in the mornings at Disney by the loud, running, screaming kids going past the rooms. Sure it's 7:00am Florida time but on MY body clock it's 4:00am so SHUT UP already!!!

I just got home from 4 nights at the Pop and if the one night the OP is talking about was Thursday night then she was right about the crowd in the pool. We came back after Extra Magic Hours at Epcot and I was amazed to find people not only in the pool at 2am but also very loud and active. So she was right about the noise that night.

We did late nights every night (because of the heat) and I again was surprised at the numbers of people being very loud while near the rooms. I guess some just don't think. My room was in the 70's bldg facing the lake. We were at the end of the building. I don't recall hearing any noise really. But I'm sure that had to do with my location.

Thank you for that tip!!! It might seem strange to some people that facing a parking lot is preferable, but no! It was really, really quiet when I was there last year!

I just got back from POP today and I noticed lots of people in the pool well after 2am. MK was open till 2 with night EMH so we were just getting in at around 2:30am one night and walking softly because the pool and hall are SO close to rooms!! We came out of the hall and saw dozens of people in the pool, yelling, laughing, splashing, at 230am!! We were in a 60's building close to the pool, but on the other side with the lake view, thank GOD. I loved POP and I am glad to have seen how CLOSE those "preferred rooms" really are to that pool so I know never to request one!

Sorry to everyone who has had a bad/noisy experience at POP in the past...some people can be so disrespectful of others!

In a few days, I will be staying at POP for my second time ever. Last time I stayed there (June 2005) was during a really crowded and HOT time of year. But, we didn't have a problem with noise at all. We were in the '50s building on the Lake side, away from the pool (and far away from everything else, too). We also did not have a room that was connected to another.

This time, we requested the '80s building but aren't picky either way. Now I know I don't want to be too close to the pool!

I just try to remember that I need to be quiet if I am out late, because I wouldn't want someone stomping and yelling past my room in the middle of the night, so why would I do it to someone else!?

I'm actually at POP right now. We're staying in a preferred room in the 70's building. Right by the foosball thing. We're on the 1st floor. (traveling w/someone w/a disability, but I do love 1st floor anyway) We haven't been bothered by any noise. I saw that there was no pool by our room and I was THRILLED! The second my 3 year old sees a pool, he wants to go in. So, we're away from the pools but still pretty darn close to the main building and busses (although our overnight parking lot is kind of a hike...o-well.) If we stay here in the future, I'm definitely getting a map and requesting a building specifically. Last year we stayed in the...shoot...bowling pin building. Is that the 90's? Anyway, it was close and we were on the side away from the pool then so it was great. I'm not going to take that chance a 3rd time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter