Just back today, any questions?

rebelmom

Mouseketeer
We just got back today, after our first trip to the world. We had a great time and did all we could in the 7 nights we had. Just a few things before I do the full trip report.

Ponchos, ponchos, ponchos. it rained every day but one while we were there, not the 20 min showers we had heard about, but 2-6 hour downpours. We didn't let it stop us though, we just put on the ponchos and kept going, I was very tired of wearing plastic by the end of the week.

If your going to a water park you better get there early, most days BB and Typhoon Lagoon were both full and closed by 11am.

Beware of the fantasmic dinner package, we did it with Hollywood and Vine the food was disgusting, and our so called reserved seating was standing room only when we got there at 8:15 when the card said to be there by 8:30, reserved should be reserved, I think they way over book this package and would discourage any one from getting it.

The Hoop Dee Doo Review was great and well worth the price, great show, good food, not to be missed.

I highly recommend E ride nights, we went both tues and fri, they were awesome we did all the rides once space mountain twice each e ride night with hardly no waits, can't beat that.

We stayed at the ASMovies.

Any questions feel free to ask. I'm off to do mounds off laundry.

:mad:

We are leaving for WDW on the 20th so I guess we are interested in what the parks were like - sounds like they may have been crowded. Could you tell us where you went, and on which days, and what it may have been like relative to crowds. Thanks in advance.

Welcome home!
I'm curious as to how the rain interfered with visiting the water parks?
Did you eat at any counter service restaurants that you enjoyed?

Packy: heres where we went on each day
Sat arrived at 12pm went to MGM, back to hotel for room around 6 then to Downtown Disney, disney quest
Sun: MK for EE, Bfast with Cinderella, stayed till 4 back to room to change then Epcot for Illuminations
Mon: Blizzard Beach in the am till 2, hotel change, MGM Hollywood and Vine dinner and Fantasmic
Tues: Epcot in am till 2, hotel change, Hoop Dee Doo Review, MK for Spectro, FIT, and Eride night.
Wed: Clearwater beach day trip, then downtown disney and rainforest cafe
Thurs: AK Donalds Bfast stayed until 4pm, Went to FW for Trails End dinner, then to MK
Fri: Typhoon Lagoon in am, hotel change, dinner at Crystal Palace, MK for eride night
Sat: Check out and head home:mad:

In answer to your questions about crowds, I really cant compare since this was our first trip, however they did extend hours and add parades almost every day we were there so this would indicate to me that they were crowded, one CM at MGM told me there was over 24 thousand in the park that day. Most wait times were 60-75 min for the big rides, FP for Test track were gone by 11, same for Kali at AK. We just used the Fp, got there very early. and did Eride nights which were great. The worst crowds we ran into was Tues night at MK we arrived at 9:30 right after the first spectro, we were trying to go up main street while 5million people were trying to get out:p but we eventually made it. We saw the 11pm Spectro by walking up at 10:50 and got front row on the circle in front of the castle.

Taxi mom: The rain really didn't affect our waterpark days the crowds did Mon at BB we got there at 8:35 we were let in at about 8:50 we were able to do the chair lift about 2 times before the line got to long, we did the slides and then were in the cross country creek by 10:30am, which was packed, they closed the park at 11:00am, it didn't rain unitl about 2, by then we were on our way back to the hotel.

Fri at Typhoon Lagoon we got there about 8:45 same thing did slides, river, then wave pool, it looked like it was going to strom by about 11am but it never did, they closed the park at 11:30am due to capacity.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Camping Griswalds: we only did EE at MK on Sun, we were able to get in a few rides by our 9:45 ps for cind. bfast.

Wow - that Fantasmic issue with seating being standing room :confused:

That is so bizarre.... whe we did the package we arrived at 8:30pm to see 2/3 of the seats full and a whole empty section for the package guests on the extreme right.

I am thinking because of all the fantasmic shows being rained out - those people were given rain checks to come back another night - therefore there was way more people than seats...

I would have been mad :mad: about that.

>>^..^<<

I didn't think that they gave "rain checks" for the reserved Fantasmic seating if your show gets rained out. I hope they don't change that unless they plan for a lot more people showing up the next time the weather is good!

Kallison: almost all waits on eride night were 5-10 min some were walk ons. The longest was space mountain 20 min at the begining then 10 min later. It was well worth it, we had a blast both nights.

Cool! What time was your e-night? We are going to a 7-10pm on the 22nd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter