Just back today, 5 night stay

JohnnySharp2

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a
Hi,

Just returned today from a 5 night stay at the Disneyland Hotel, only booked a couple of weeks ago.

Had a great time, in a way similar to our March holiday at the same hotel.

Lovely room, as requested Ground Floor (West Wing room 3050), last time it was room 3070. Maybe not quite as good location wise
as our outdoor patio never really got the sun. Having said that we were out most of the time anyway.
Hotel as ever fabulous, staff very friendly and helpful.
Weather was good too, sunny all week with just some rainfall yesterday afternoon.
Got Joshua on all the rides we wanted to without any problems, queue's light though busier later in the day.

Many highlights included dining at the Blue Lagoon - me and Julie had the Rack of Lamb, she had Creme Bullee for dessert, I had roasted banana and the ice cream & cake that accompanied it. Joshua had Chicken breast, chips and gravy. :)
Very nice setting and nice food too. So it should be for 93 euro's!

Disneyland Park looked fab, with just the odd ride closure.

Nearly every single CM within the park was cheerful and friendly, nice to see.

Had a special moment when we returned to collect our bags from the hotel on our last day, the characters were in the main reception area, we basically ambushed (or dragged!) Goofy over to sit next to Joshua for a photo. That's 2 successive trips we have had a good character memory after Chip & Dale put their arms round Joshua in March.

Breakfast at the hotel again very good, can highly recommend it even if you are not staying there as it's relatively good value for money.

Enjoyed shopping both at Disney and Val d'europe.
World Of Disney store looks fantastic from the inside and outside, especially at night, however it's not as big inside as I thought it would be and I was slightly disappointed not to see some different and original merchandise.
Nearly everything you could buy in the other stores.
They did have a nice white watch Julie wanted but they only had the display one available, which was a shame, however I wandered off on my own for a while down Main Street USA and saw it in a store down there - bought it and took it back to the room as a surprise for her. :goodvibes
I bought a couple of bottles of cologne from L'Occitane at the mall, Julie bought a couple of hooded tops for Joshua a red one with
Mickey on the back and a grey one with Tigger on, plus the usual photo frame, fridge magnets, chocolates, sweets, t-shirts on more.

It was great just sitting out in the park in the sun eating a toffee apple and watching people go by.

To be honest I don't really want to refer to anything as a low point, it was such a pleasant trip. We ignored the odd rude person as
you get them anywhere, I rendered all smokers invisible as they were not spoiling our holiday.

However, there are a few minor things:

Disney Studios - I really want to like it there but just don't, the entrance and Studio 1 are okay but the rest is just a bit bland to be honest. It's not even pleasant walking around.

Disney Village - As above I guess, to be blunt Earl Of Sandwich apart the place needs knocking down and re-building. It's just horrible.

Walking to RER - Defies logic really, when exiting the DLH to go to the train station instead of the short walk to the left you are directed right up to the World Of Disney store, past the Cinema and almost to the Village entrance before being able to walk down to the station - crazy!

Toad Hall and other restaurants - on Thursday we wanted to have our tea in the park, we really enjoyed Toad Hall last time so went there. However, on turning past Peter pan (which was undergoing a scheduled closure and completely boarded up), we could see signs outside TH saying the restaurant was closed, couldn't see anyone sat outside so we turned back. Instead we went to Frontierland, however, Cowboy Cookout, Lucky Nugget and Last Chance Cafe were all closed too :confused3 You would have thought at 4pm when the park was getting busier they would be open.
Shame Toad Hall was shut....or was it? The following day, Friday, our last day we checked again - mainly as we were spending a few hours in the park before the journey home. So as before I went past Peter Pan, again clearly visible 2 signs in French and English clearly saying "Restaurant is closed", yet there was a man clearing tables outside. I asked him along the lines of "are you open", yes it was....and what followed was at least a 5 minute chat along the lines of me remonstrating that the signs say closed - he just didn't understand the logic at all, signs say closed yet it's open, I even brought him over to the sign! Words fail me, and you wonder how many had turned that corner and walked away just as I initially did.

Casey's Corner - served up lukewarm hot dog and fries for 35 euro's, really poor and to be honest some of the prices and dining options
leave a lot to be desired. Have the French never heard of a nice baked potato?

Anyway it was a great week, Joshua loved it and so did we - to be blunt and maybe slightly snobbish though it was staying at the Disneyland Hotel that is the key for us, with my dislike of the Studios and Village I don't think I would want to return unless we stay there.
One of the reasons we enjoy DLRP, is the combination of the DLH and the main park, it's easier with Joshua and means we can stay out longer something we could never always do in Florida. Having the room so close to the park is such a big advantage for us.

Glad you had a good time. I think the hotels are the best places to meet the characters. Not so much of a Scrum and more interactions.

The studios are better now than they used to be. But agree its lacking something.

I agree the Disney village needs a overhaul. Its looking a bit run down. Those metal pillars are useless now they took the lights down and look rusty and neglected. We also noted how bad the paving was outside the park.

The new security set up is designed so you don't have to keep going through the bag check when passing between the parks and the village. Agree though that its a bit if a walk around to the station. Apparently Disney don't own all that land, that's why those guys are able to sell their tatty stuff by the station.

Maybe they will start pumping money into renovations now they have sorted out their debt problems.

Welcome back, really pleased Joshua enjoyed this trip. I agree the Studios lack something which is why they have chosen that park to invest in for the next few years, hopefully it will continue to improve especially once the Ratatouille ride is open:thumbsup2

I seen you guys coming out of fantasy land. I regonised Joshua from the pictures you post. I didn't want to run after you like some crazy woman, but I wished I did now.

Welcome back, Johnny, glad you had another enjoyable trip.

I love the creme brulee at the Blue Lagoon too ..... mmmmmm :goodvibes

Have to say now we have stayed at the Disneyland hotel I'm don't think i could stay anywhere else its just so lovely.
We were there Weds 19th - Sat 22nd ( just back tonight via a stop over at London to see family) we to stayed in the west wing ground floor room 3081!

vas we stayed at the DLH and then HAVENT stayed anywhere else since :rotfl: nowhere else would ever measure up!

Nicola i have now convinced my husband that we cannot stay else were now as well!

which of the other hotels have you stayed at?

Have to say now we have stayed at the Disneyland hotel I'm don't think i could stay anywhere else its just so lovely.
We were there Weds 19th - Sat 22nd ( just back tonight via a stop over at London to see family) we to stayed in the west wing ground floor room 3081!

Blimey we were neighbours! :)

Glad you had a good time. We were there 19th to 23rd and agree with quite a few of the points you made! xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter