Just back - Swan Reserve experience

Lady Hiss

Mouseketeer
DVC owners who are saving points, we opted to try Swan Reserve for our recent 5 day, adults-only trip to WDW. Here's our take on the resort:

It's shiny and new; very clean; has a 'corporate' feel - reception is on 3rd floor; large bar area; nice pool with fancier pools across the street at S/D; pretty landscaping; helpful employees
Check-in was smooth, efficient, friendly; bell service was good
The room (King Suite) - Spacious: clean: 3 big screen TVs (!): housekeeping every day (yay); mini fridge; microwave; dining area; room keys were glitchy; pool/parking lot view wasn't what we reserved as apparently 'Epcot view' was simply a suggestion/request (?); plenty of towels & toiletries; complimentary bottles of water
Restaurants - Grab & Go place was a disappointment (no microwave - couldn't warm up the oatmeal offered; lost my order for egg sandwich); limited hours (closed early); limited seating; no plates?
Better options at Swan/Dolphin for quick service - so we walked over there often
Amare restaurant - didn't experience, didn't want to pay the prices
Transportation - The lovely, landscaped walk to and from Swan/Dolphin for Studios/Epcot boats wasn't too bad unless we were tired; non-Disney buses to MK & AK arrived every 20 mins but drop-offs at parks were in weird spots and bus drivers were less than friendly
Laundry - NOPE - we had to walk to Dolphin to do laundry so...more walking, glad it wasn't raining that day; we'd been told when we reserved a room that there was guest laundry available at the resort so, not happy to learn that 'resort' meant across the street
A positive - Fantasia mini-golf is right next door and provided a nice change of pace one sunny afternoon.

Would we stay at this resort again? Probably not - mainly due to the amount of walking required to get anywhere. We were told several times that this resort is part of the Swan/Dolphin 'campus' so shame on us for not realizing that meant lots of traveling across the street to get what we wanted. Combined with the walking at the parks, we averaged 8+ miles/day and that got to be a little too much for us old folks. Thankfully, the weather was perfect, but I wouldn't want to do it in the rain or cold.

So, a perfectly fine hotel, just not for us in the future.

Thanks for the review-probably will never stay there but was interested in hearing what it is like.

Do you remember if the Bar had a lot of TVs-with ESPN Club closed might head over there from Epcot to catch a game sometime. :)

Thanks for the review. I can definitely give a 100% positive review for Amare... great food and service. Did not find the prices any different from other comparable Disney restaurants.

The walk across the street is a bit of a journey but nothing compared to the walks at most Disney moderates like CBR, POR, or Coronado, but I agree, when staying at a high-rise deluxe resort you expect all the amenities to be within the building.

DVC owners who are saving points, we opted to try Swan Reserve for our recent 5 day, adults-only trip to WDW. Here's our take on the resort:

It's shiny and new; very clean; has a 'corporate' feel - reception is on 3rd floor; large bar area; nice pool with fancier pools across the street at S/D; pretty landscaping; helpful employees
The room (King Suite) - Spacious: clean: 3 big screen TVs (!): housekeeping every day (yay); mini fridge; microwave; dining area; room keys were glitchy; pool/parking lot view wasn't what we reserved as apparently 'Epcot view' was simply a suggestion/request (?); plenty of towels & toiletries; complimentary bottles of water
Restaurants - Grab & Go place was a disappointment (no microwave - couldn't warm up the oatmeal offered; lost my order for egg sandwich); limited hours (closed early); limited seating; no plates?
Better options at Swan/Dolphin for quick service - so we walked over there often
Transportation - The lovely, landscaped walk to and from Swan/Dolphin for Studios/Epcot boats wasn't too bad unless we were tired; non-Disney buses to MK & AK arrived every 20 mins but drop-offs at parks were in weird spots and bus drivers were less than friendly
Laundry - NOPE - we had to walk to Dolphin to do laundry so...more walking, glad it wasn't raining that day; we'd been told when we reserved a room that there was guest laundry available at the resort so, not happy to learn that 'resort' meant across the street
A positive - Fantasia mini-golf is right next door and provided a nice change of pace one sunny afternoon.

Would we stay at this resort again? Probably not - mainly due to the amount of walking required to get anywhere. We were told several times that this resort is part of the Swan/Dolphin 'campus' so shame on us for not realizing that meant lots of traveling across the street to get what we wanted. Combined with the walking at the parks, we averaged 8+ miles/day and that got to be a little too much for us old folks. Thankfully, the weather was perfect, but I wouldn't want to do it in the rain or cold.

Thanks for the review. We stayed at the Swan in December and went to Amare at Swan Reserve one evening to check it out. Yes, I could see how the walk over to the Swan/Dolphin for amenity, boat and walking path access would get very old after awhile. The hotel looked lovely, but I don't think we will ever stay there, quite honestly. Especially since it seems to price higher than Swan/Dolphin.
Thanks for the review-probably will never stay there but was interested in hearing what it is like.

Do you remember if the Bar had a lot of TVs-with ESPN Club closed might head over there from Epcot to catch a game sometime. :)

If I recall, the bar only had one or two TVs. It did look like a good spot to watch a game - it's a really lovely lounge.

Thanks so much for that review! We'll be staying there in December. As long time fans of the Swan and Dolphin, I'll enjoy checking it out. We're DVC, too, and now that we can use our Bonvoy points to stay at those three resorts, it's like a second "home."

I actually considered the reserve for a Marriott points stay but was almost as expensive as S/D. How was the cash price savings?

I actually considered the reserve for a Marriott points stay but was almost as expensive as S/D. How was the cash price savings?
Keep checking on the points as they're fluxuating now...but cash wise...I'm watching a particular day for when the upgrading a free night certificate comes online. The Dolphin is almost half the price cash wise but more points than Swan. Dolphin ($193/55,000pts) Swan ($414/48,000pts) and Reserve ($343/55,000pts). It's odd.

Last edited:

We stayed there the first week it was open and then again last month. Just in a few months they have made small changes.. still working out the kinks. Our biggest complaints were small and I hoped that they fixed it but not as of yet. My DH is in a wheel chair if we hit the button for the elevators then one would ding and we could not get to it fast enough.
We were given a handicap room and the front door had a automatic door closer and it was tricky to get in the room in wheel chair.

They built this resort in what used to be the tennis courts nobody ever used. But walking is part of Disney....
As someone that spends 60 or more nights a year in Marriott properties having added rooms near the swam is a huge plus.
I'm also a DVC member, so staying at any of the three properties would be a last minute get away....

Do lyft and Uber get to pull out to the front door?

We stayed Swan Reserve at Christmas and liked it, the walk to the Swan boat dock was not far at all and there is a crossing on the road. We had an Epcot view and it was our first time staying in the Epcot resort area which we thoroughly enjoyed. I think a few of the furnishings wont stand the test of time, for instance the handle on our bathroom sliding door was hanging off before we ever used it which was unexpected in a brand new hotel but we liked it enough to go back in August this year

We go an Uber pickup at the door with our luggage for moving to Universal, the drop off was more interesting as the driver wanted us to get out at the Swan as their system was not recognising the Swan Reserve location. For the pick up we asked the Swan Reserve staff and they told me to request the Uber pick up at the address for the minigolf and it worked!!

Oh good,
I will most likely being staying here for last minute adult get a ways and my adult she hates talk public transport and Ubers all over Disney..... I do miss the Minnie vans

I've always thought it seemed lovely but like you; isn't for me either. It just lacked in the Disney Magic department.

Thank you for your review. I'm kind of surprised that there's no laundry but I wonder if they're thoughts are that most guests would send out for service via dryclean. I can't see not having a laundry facility at a luxury resort.

We stayed at the dolphin last week and spoke to a few people who were at the SR and they said they came to fuel to eat since it was open much later than what was at SR. That would get old and when you're already walking so much, who wants to walk to eat at their hotel or catch a boat.

Thank you for your review. I'm kind of surprised that there's no laundry but I wonder if they're thoughts are that most guests would send out for service via dryclean. I can't see not having a laundry facility at a luxury resort.

We stayed at the dolphin last week and spoke to a few people who were at the SR and they said they came to fuel to eat since it was open much later than what was at SR. That would get old and when you're already walking so much, who wants to walk to eat at their hotel or catch a boat.
I was annoyed.. we wanted room service cause the kids were so tired and I was told it would be 90 minutes.. the people answering the phone said they handled all three resorts.
So I ended up over paying for pizza at the pool bar cause I did not see myself walking any further.

I was annoyed.. we wanted room service cause the kids were so tired and I was told it would be 90 minutes.. the people answering the phone said they handled all three resorts.
So I ended up over paying for pizza at the pool bar cause I did not see myself walking any further.
I've never found room service to be super fast at any hotel but 90 minutes is a bit excessive. We waited about 45 min for an order but it was an odd time of day and not peak meal time. They told us when we ordered it would be about an hour.

We stayed Swan Reserve at Christmas and liked it, the walk to the Swan boat dock was not far at all and there is a crossing on the road. We had an Epcot view and it was our first time staying in the Epcot resort area which we thoroughly enjoyed. I think a few of the furnishings wont stand the test of time, for instance the handle on our bathroom sliding door was hanging off before we ever used it which was unexpected in a brand new hotel but we liked it enough to go back in August this year

We go an Uber pickup at the door with our luggage for moving to Universal, the drop off was more interesting as the driver wanted us to get out at the Swan as their system was not recognising the Swan Reserve location. For the pick up we asked the Swan Reserve staff and they told me to request the Uber pick up at the address for the minigolf and it worked!!
When you put in for the mini golf course did they still pick you up outside the reserve? Or did you have to walk over the the golf course?

we were picked up at the hotel, could see the vehicle arriving on the uber app. We had so much luggage we were not walking anywhere!

Room service is definetly an issue as the kitchen services Amare, Pool Bar, Lobby Bar and Room Service. Wait times can be excessive (especially during peak dining times).

I have a feeling that the reserve is just not super kid friendly. It's a farther walk to get food unless you do Amar'e. The closet pool is meh. So everything is a farther walk and with kids that's just a convenience I can't overlook.

We are staying here in June but just us adults so I hope we can overlook a few of these issues.

Great trip report. I've always wanted to go eat there. I'm not impressed by the resort itself but they seem to have great places to eat and a lovely spa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter