Just back! Survived FP+, will try to answer any questions

Thanks Deb & Cigar. That helps, and I'll continue to plan to use fp+ on the big rides only.

Thanks for the follow-up Deb! Sounds like a great trip:earsboy:

Thanks, Dan and Micca, some of my long-time DIS pals!

Dan, we connected through O'Hare again. Always an iffy proposition this time of year with the type of winter we've been having, but luckily, everything went smoothly.

Deb- do you fly out of CR? We're flying out of Moline through Chicago on Friday- keeping fingers crossed for good luck traveling!

Deb- do you fly out of CR? We're flying out of Moline through Chicago on Friday- keeping fingers crossed for good luck traveling!

Hi btk2333!

We've flown from Cedar Rapids, Moline, Des Moines, and even St. Louis in the past, depending on prices and number of connections.
I miss having Air Tran fly out of Moline - loved those direct flights!

This time, we went out of CR on United. We were on the 5:40 AM (UGH!) flight!!! We were to have a 1 hour 45 min layover in O'Hare, but we had to wait for de-icing. Luckily, we still made it with about an hour before the next flight.

Yes, good luck with traveling! On our flight to Orlando, we spoke with a young couple who went to school at Iowa (they saw our sweatshirts with the Hawkeye logo). They live in Appleton, WI now, and their first segment, from Appleton to O'Hare was canceled without any notification! They managed to drive to Chicago that night, so they didn't miss the flight to Florida, but that must have been un-nerving!

Hi btk2333!

We've flown from Cedar Rapids, Moline, Des Moines, and even St. Louis in the past, depending on prices and number of connections.
I miss having Air Tran fly out of Moline - loved those direct flights!

This time, we went out of CR on United. We were on the 5:40 AM (UGH!) flight!!! We were to have a 1 hour 45 min layover in O'Hare, but we had to wait for de-icing. Luckily, we still made it with about an hour before the next flight.

Yes, good luck with traveling! On our flight to Orlando, we spoke with a young couple who went to school at Iowa (they saw our sweatshirts with the Hawkeye logo). They live in Appleton, WI now, and their first segment, from Appleton to O'Hare was canceled without any notification! They managed to drive to Chicago that night, so they didn't miss the flight to Florida, but that must have been un-nerving!

Iowa fans are everywhere- DW and I graduated from Iowa, just moved back home to Bettendorf- we definitely miss the food in Iowa City! We are on the early morning United flight MLI-ORD. We've got about a 2 hour layover too so hopefully that gives us some wiggle room if we have to de-ice!

Deb - I have a question I can't find answered anywhere - did you notice, especially in MK, whether the old non-FP rides now "require" FP+? Such as, IASW, PoTC? Or have these rides been pretty much unaffected? My girls love small world, but I cannot wrap my mind around getting a FP for it. And thanks in advance!

We were at WDW in early January (week AFTER New Year's week), and Jungle Cruise had an 80 minute wait while Pirates was running at a 60 minute wait. Those two wait times did surprise me. I don't know if it was related to FP+ or what, but they were atypical waits for what should be a fairly uncrowded time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter