• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back - some observations

cmurray234

DIS Veteran
Went from 9/21 - 9/29. These are some basic observations I had.

1. Lovebugs STINK.
2. Test Track breaks down far more than it should.
3. Animal Kingdom is a nicer park than I give it credit for.
4. Sunshine Seasons is a wonderful counter service.
5. ABC Commissary is downright gross. I should have asked for my $$ back.
6. Soarin', unlike the Tower of Terror, isn't as fun the 6th time around.
7. Off Kilter and British Invasion are my favorite part of my favorite park.
8. Hollywood and Vine can't even attract a crowd for breakfast during free dining. There is a good reason for this.
9. The bus transportation at Coronado Springs ROCKS.
10. Fantasyland by FAR boasts the longest lines at MK this time of year. We never waited more than 15 minutes for anything else.
11. MNSSHP has the best fireworks EVER.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

I just got back today and I'm with you on some of these! Love bugs definitely got worse the later part of the trip. Epcot was the worst yesterday (Saturday). We didn't have any problems with Test Track, thank goodness. We got to ride it twice. I definitely agree with the Sunshine Seasons comment, plus it was the only place that we found pink lemonade. Everyone else had switched over to plain yellow, calorie free or something like that.

And boy was it ever hot!!!!!!! :eek:

LOL, cmurray - not only did I have the same thread title when I got back a month ago, but I agree with most of your observations/opinions/impressions!

Alas, I have seen the lovebugs and they are a plague upon the magic! This year I timed it better!!;)

Yes, ABC Commissary should pay US to eat there! But Sunshine Seasons saw us 3 x this past trip!

Heard Off Kilter first time this trip and they are awesome!

Glad you had a good trip!!! Welcome home!!

Went from 9/21 - 9/29. These are some basic observations I had.

1. Lovebugs STINK.
2. Test Track breaks down far more than it should.
3. Animal Kingdom is a nicer park than I give it credit for.
4. Sunshine Seasons is a wonderful counter service.
5. ABC Commissary is downright gross. I should have asked for my $$ back.
6. Soarin', unlike the Tower of Terror, isn't as fun the 6th time around.
7. Off Kilter and British Invasion are my favorite part of my favorite park.
8. Hollywood and Vine can't even attract a crowd for breakfast during free dining. There is a good reason for this.
9. The bus transportation at Coronado Springs ROCKS.
10. Fantasyland by FAR boasts the longest lines at MK this time of year. We never waited more than 15 minutes for anything else.
11. MNSSHP has the best fireworks EVER.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Hey!

I just came back today and i do agree with everything you listed except for #7. My favorite thing about epcot is the food:goodvibes

I definitely agree about the lovebugs. We were getting so frustrated at Epcot on Saturday that we almost turned around and left. I know they don't bite, but they're everywhere and they fly right at you! Even my bug-loving little boy was getting mad.

I'm also with you on the MNSSHP fireworks - I don't know what I was expecting, but they were phenomenal.

I cannot stress enough how BAD ABC Commissary was. I had the lo mein noodles. I didn't think you could mess those up - boy was I wrong. I'm not kidding when I say I should have asked for my money back. It might just have been the worst meal I've ever eaten in a restaurant.

I :love: Off Kilter. My daughter is an Irish dancer - she has a great time dancing along to the celtic music.

Agree with the bus transport at CSR!! :) It's been about 5 years since I did my solo trip, but I had an awesome bus driver one morning. I had left early for Dolphins in Depth and left something I needed (ID maybe?) in my room. I was freaking out, but my driver made a radio call and then turned to me and smiled and said "Sit down. I'll run you back there." Not only did he take me non-stop to my bus stop, he waited for me to dash to my room (it wasn't far) and then took me straight back to EPCOT! Definitely a great guy!!

We did Hallo-Wishes in 2005 and thought that the show was the best fireworks show ever! (I don't know if they are changed at all since then though. And truthfully that and the parade were the best parts of MNSSHP for us.)

and :thumbsup2 on Sunshine Seasons.

I've never eaten in your thumbs-down restaurants... and probably never will. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter