Just back reviews with and without vouchers (long)

Super_Grover

Earning My Ears
Just returned form a wonderful week at Disney over the Christmas holiday. Our family consist of DH, myself (both 42) 2 DD (4yrs, 12yrs) and my husbands parents. Our first dinner was the Hoop de doo revue. We were seated on the floor , so had a good view of the show. The meal consisted of a salad , fried chicken, barbecued ribs, baked beans, bread, corn, and strawberry shortcake . Both the food and show were ok. Our waiter was so-so. He didn't return too many times to check on us. We did notice other waiters that were more attentive then ours. In our opinion we would have rather used the $270 on something else. The next night we went to Hollywood and Vine which I wasn't going to book because of previous experiences there, but did so because it was the cheapest of the restaurants to book the Fantasmic package. I'm glad I did. This time everything was great. The menu there had changed a little from last and we had a fantastic waitress. Some of the food they had were salads, breads, sirloin steak, turkey breast , green beans , golden yukon potatoes, some type of turkey stew etc. (check menus on allearsnet.com)this restraurant was well worth the money and we also got seating for the Fantasmic show. The next morning we went to CRT for breakfast and used the breakfast vouchers. We used 5 adults and 1 child voucher which cost $99.75 (adults$17.75 ea, child $11.00). The vouchers also include tax and tip. The bill would have been $117.09 plus tip. savings of around $34.00. Well worth using vouchers here. The food , which consisted of eggs, sausage, cheesefilled french toast, and potatoes was very good. The castle was simply beautiful and the character interaction was also good. Highly recommend. There was no problem also with crediting our account with the initial deposit that is required when booking event. Coral Reef was our next destination. We had booked the Candlelight processional package . When we arrived we were given a menu which was strictly for candlelight package. When I booked event I was under the impression that you would order from regular menu but couldn't order lobster, which was fine with us. The menu was limited but did have items that we all could enjoy. My husband and I had the lobster soup and NY strip steak with garlic roasted potatoes which we enjoyed. My 12yr old and mother-in-in law got a salad and seafood dish with mussels, shrimp, lobster, salmon carrots, potatoes in a safffron broth, which they both enjoyed. my fater-in-law had the lobster soup and cajun catfish which he enjoyed. We all had the eggnog cheesecake. Our 4yr had grilled chicken with green beans and fries, which she enjoyed. The food was good and having seats for candlelight processional made it worth the cost. Christmas day we had breakfast at RFC which was very good. We also decided to have dinner there since we didnt want to leave and go somewhere else and all that we heard about using vouchers here. we used the vouchers to get 3 appetizers, 2 steak dinners and a combo meal with chicken , ribs and shrimp. When we finally got the appetizers they were cold, and then we got our dinner which was also cold. We were there for over 2 and 1/2 hrs and feel that the waiter knew he was getting his tip so didnt bother with us. We didnt want to cause a problem since this was Christmas day but we did tell the manager, (we also informed the waiter) of our displeasure. We didnt ask for anything in return we just wanted to alert manager what was going on. we threw away approx 3/4 of the meals. we also got the volcano . Had everything been prepared and given hot, this would have been a great deal with the vouchers., but not that day. We also were able to use the Q&C vouchers at Pop Century food court (cost11.25) which was a great deal with sandwich , side of chili cheese fries, cranberry juice and cheesecake. other meals also were just as good . Two other places we used Q&C vouchers were Columbia house and Pure and Simple both places the voucher were a good value. What we really learned on this trip is that you need to make reservations according to taste of your family and not by what others say. Any restaurant can be good on one day and terrible on another, as with the service. sorry that its so long. hope it helps someone

Originally posted by Super_Grover
What we really learned on this trip is that you need to make reservations according to taste of your family and not by what others say. Any restaurant can be good on one day and terrible on another, as with the service. sorry that its so long. hope it helps someone

Excellent advice, Super_Grover! It sounds like you all had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Pat

297 days and counting . . . again!

Thanks for the review of Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner package! I plan on booking this for our Easter Week trip for the price and selection, though somewhat reluctantly due to spotty reviews. Glad to hear you had a good experience there this time. :wave:

thanks for the reviews I think iam going to still see if I can get H& V at this late date for fantasmic ( we won't be going till the 10 th)

Your reviews,they had good information and well written.::yes:: :wave2: :wizard:

Our first and only time we went there was part of the Fantasmic pkg and we really loved it. There was so much to choose from on the buffet, and the kids loved the separate area with things they liked (mac & cheese, chicken, hot dogs, etc.) The dessert area is nice too. This is definately one place we will return to again!

Deb::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter