• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back -- Review of CSR 2/18-2/21

GettinReadyforDisney

Mouseketeer
Pros: Room proximity to car, bus and El Centro, property was beautiful, pool looked great, bus service, Pepper Market food quality and variety – yummy margaritas!
Cons: Check-in wait was too long

We planned a last minute, very short trip to WDW over our Mardi Gras break and stayed at CSR – me, DH, DS (9) and DD(6). We’ve stayed at several deluxes and once at CBR and were more than pleased with CSR. The only con – check-in took 45 minutes to 1 hour. Every check-in station was manned but with a resort of this size, they obviously need more check-in stations.

Stayed in Casitas 2 with a standard view room. Where we were there were no standard view rooms that overlooked the parking lot, so every room at least had a view of the courtyards, which were nicely landscaped. Of course, when you stay in a moderate, you have no balcony and only the front window so you don’t see outside much. We were very close to Bus Stop 2, which is actually the first bus stop on the route. Bus service was always timely. Bus Stop 1, which is at El Centro, is the last bus stop so all the families who went to eat breakfast at El Centro first had standing room only on the buses. We were also able to park our car not far from our room, which worked out well because we forgot a few things and had to run to the car a couple of times. Also, one evening when our feet were soooo tired from walking in the parks all day, we drove to El Centro.

We thought the room was great. We were concerned about having doubles instead of Queens (at deluxe resorts), but had no problem. The room was clean and plenty spacious for us. The new Mickey toiletries from H20 were nice, as well – smelled much better than the old stuff.

We agreed that Pepper Market was a much better food court than at CBR. Of course, we love Mexican food and margaritas – so that helped!! In fact, if anybody knows what they swirl into the Fiesta Margaritas, please post – it tasted like raspberry or pomegranate. They were great margaritas!! Also, freshly baked pizza was fabulous. Keep in mind though that it takes a little while to make a fresh pizza so be sure to order this first, if ordering other food. The Mexican food and pizza was all we tried but there were a lot of other choices. Also ate the breakfast buffet at Maya Grill on our last morning and it was very good – again, lots of variety to choose from.

We did not swim while there, but the pool and slide looked amazing. We were very pleased with CSR. We are going back to WDW this summer and are considering staying here again! Enjoy!

popcorn:: :cheer2: pirate: princess:

I know this is a random question, but how many nights did you stay there?

Also, what did you think of the Cast Members? Were they good?

I know this is a random question, but how many nights did you stay there?

Also, what did you think of the Cast Members? Were they good?

We stayed 3 nights and really did not have much interaction with Cast Members except for check-in and dining. We found everyone to be perfectly pleasant.

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Buzz, we enjoyed your website very much and relied on it in making our decision to stay at CSR -- Thanks for your hard work in putting it all together.

Also, do you know what they swirl into the Fiesta Margaritas (raspberry, pomegrante???). They were yummy!

I believe we arrived between 1:00 and 1:30. Since we were beating the 3 p.m. rush, we expected it to be better.

I was afraid of that. Normally we always try to arrive before 8 am. But this time we are going to POP and arriving at about 1:00pm. :eek:

Oh, well. If it is a long wait, I'll just send the DW and kids to the food court and try to "whistle while I work" ! :rolleyes1

It was also President's Week and Mardi Gras and the resorts and parks were VERY BUSY. We were at Pop 2/14 - 2/21. We love CSR, were there last November and will be back there for Memorial Day week. The pool is so nice and my son loves the slide. Looking forward to having hot weather for our next trip!

Thanks for the review; we're staying at CSR during our April trip and are really looking forward to it.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter