Just back - Quick review

KEPE

Mouseketeer
We were in WDW for Easter and on the DXDP. Here is a quick review of some of the place we ate, what we liked and what we'll never do again....

Crystal Palace dinner - won't revisit. This was a typical buffet but really nothing special. Limited selection and nothing we ate was anything special. Characters took a really long time. The place was packed and it's fairly large so I understand. We were done eating for a while before we got to see the last two characters so just sat there waiting. No interest in this one on our future trips.

Tusker House breakfast - this was pretty good. Food was hot and the buffet was always being refilled. The character interaction was fun and quick, they did a little parade with the kids and the waitress brought DD a birthday card signed by the characters. We enjoyed this and would do it again.

Portobello in DTD - we really enjoyed this meal. The service was quick, food was good, waitress was nice. we had fried Calamari and rice balls. Both very good. For entrée I had a pasta dish with chicken, asparagus and snow peas in a cream sauce. DH had the nocci, and DD had chicken fingers. for dessert we had the cappuccino gelato which I LOVE!!! We really love this place. It's one of those places where if it were back at home it would be a regular for us.

Akerhaus for breakfast. We liked this too. Typical breakfast food but served fresh and hot. Love the potato casserole thing. We would eat here again.

Tutto Gusto for dinner. We usually do Via Napoli but I read great reviews about Tutto Gusto so thought we would try it. This one was a toss up. I enjoyed it DH said it was just ok and would prefer via Napoli next time. The day we had this planned was an all day Epcot day so we were in the park since breakfast and it was HOT. Our reservation was for 6:45 and mind you it's Good Friday, the start of Easter weekend. By 5:00 we were shot and needed something cold and AC. We headed over and at 5:25 asked if they could any way move us up. There was no issue and they did :). We had fried calamari and Mozz. and Tom. The Fresh Mozz was fabulous. Even DH really enjoyed that. Simply delicious. Fried Calamari was good too. I had the Shrimp Risotto, DD the chicken and for the life of me I can't remember what DH had (I'll ask and report back). I enjoyed mine. He was not impressed.

Ohana for Breakfast - we always enjoy this. The service was great and the food was delicious. Love the biscuits!! We just missed Lilo so had finished our meal and were waiting. I apologized to the waitress and asked if she minded if we waited till she came out. She said of course. Shortly after the manager came over apologized and said we could wait as long as we liked and he would get us more drinks or we he could bring us over to meet her so we could head out. I thought that was really nice!!

Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner. We did the "her Royal highness package" for DD. We arrived to a balloon on the table. Shortly after they brought DD out a crown on a pillow and asked DH to put it on here. Very cute! DD ordered the cheese and grapes, DH had the crawfish and I had the salad, all were good. DH and I had the shrimp and Steak and DD had the chicken. This was ok, nothing special. After dinner they brought out DD a glass slipper on a platter covered in rose petals then a two tiered Elsa and Anna cake that was beautiful!!! So here is my thing with this place. WE do it for the character interaction, the experience of eating in the castle but it really is sooooo expensive and the food is eh. For what they charge they should at least upgrade the menu a little I know I know, if people are paying why bother.

Hollywood and vine for breakfast. this was actually one of my favorite breakfast buffets. There were a lot of choices, the character interaction was quick and fun and we really enjoyed this.

50's Prime time. This was cute. we had a fun waitress and it was cute. DH ordered the fried cheese, not what we were expecting but pretty tasty. I had the onion rungs. They were good. DH had the pot pie which he really liked. I had the sampler. Didn't like the meatloaf but the rest was fine. The PB milk shake was delicious!!

Las Ventanas in CSR. We had the burger and the Roast Beef. Not bad.

Le Cellier, cheddar soup, love the pretzel bread!! We all had steak. DD the sirloin, my the petite filet and DH the porterhouse. Good but for the price this is not a place I would waste the money on.

Kona Café breakfast. This was good. DH had the Tonga toast, I had the big kahuna and DD had the French toast. All enjoyable!!

Be Our Guest dinner. we had the assorted meats, it was good. DD had steak as did DH and I had the shrimp and scallops. DD had the creampuff, DH the merrange and me the Grey stuff. All very good!!

Liberty tree Tavern lunch. We had the fried cheese, typical mozz sticks they were good. DH had the burger and enjoyed it. I had the pilgrims feast and liked it too. DD had Mac and Cheese and said it was fine.

Let me know if you had questions about any of the places we went to.

I agree with you on Crystal Palace dinner and Lecellier, I felt the same. I prefer to have breakfast at Crystal Palace if I have to go, my daughter is a huge fan of Pooh and friends but I keep reminding her we can meet them at Epcot at the UK Pavilion.

Thank you for your reviews.

I was planning on getting the shrimp and scallops also at BOG. Is it a very large portion? In pictures it looks to me pretty scrawny. I don't eat much but hoping this is filling.

Thanks for sharing your views, you packed a lot of meals into your trip!

Portobello sounds gorgeous, but we are guilty of being unable to resist the Earl or WPE when we visit DD!

Tutto Gusto is taking ressies now? I thought that was a walk in place.. Did you mean Tutto Italia?

I was planning on getting the shrimp and scallops also at BOG. Is it a very large portion? In pictures it looks to me pretty scrawny. I don't eat much but hoping this is filling.

It was plenty. I didn't finish it. the pastry shell is a pretty decent size. There were only 2 scallops but about 5/6 shrimp and lots of veggies.

Thank you! I'll definitely be ordering that dish, love me some shrimp and scallops together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter