Just Back......opinions.....

I agree about TT... riding in the car with my husband or his best friend has given me more terror.

But world showcase I love we can spend so much time just exploring all the little details of each country... but I know different people have different views and spending hours wandering looking at the scenery isn't for everyone

I have to admit, one or two of your comments struck me as :scared1:

In regards to the burkas, everyone is entitled to personal opinion but I disagree that they shouldn't be "allowed" at WDW. That is like saying that Christians shouldn't be allowed to wear crosses and Jews should not be allowed to wear yamakas.

Additionally, the "too fat" comment about the scooters seemed a bit insensitive. No one really knows a persons medical issues by looking at them. I am all for scooters being used in a polite manner (won't defend people that use them to plough through crowds etc.).

I think the opposite of Kali River - my family stopped riding it because we always got soaked to the bone. It was not pleasant :lmao:

Other additions:

Food:

50's Prime Time = food WAY better than anticipated
Boatwrights = an overlooked gem!
Cosmic Rays = love the condiment bar
Raglan Road = Very nice and loved the entertainment
San Angel Inn = Once again, neat atmosphere, food is junk (third try, trust my opinion)
Teppen Edo = good, but hibachi is hibachi, not Disneyesque enough
POR QS = AWESOME!!! serisouly.......

Other things....

Saw a family in full burka (however this is spelled ) which sparked some controvery within our group....as in, is it ok to wear this at WDW (for the record, I said heck no, I don't care what their belief is, is subjegation of women, yet all the women in the group defended it......go figure)

Hounted manion que was cool and got to see the new ending, also cool...

Tiki Room sign still says 'under new management' someone prviously stated that it was pulled...it is not!

Kali River Rapids has changed a lot since I first rode it years ago (it's worse...you don't get as wet and I would swear at one point, there were water spouts that poured on you...general take, way too short)

Typhoon Lagoon WAY better than Blizzard Beach = Blizzard Beach would be better but there seems to be more lines....

I'll try to think of other takes....

And one more important thing........

SCOOTERS HAVE GOT TO GO!!! We all agreed as three in our party were hit by them....you gotta be freaking kidding me how many of these damn things there are....Wall E must have been created after seeing WDW!

I even started singing 'Convoy' as I saw a line of scooters all puttering down the walk (like 6 in a row)...I"m sorry that people are too fat or otherwise injured who need these things, but there has got to be a better way.

One of our group stated they should have a scooter lane much like a bike lane...this actually has some merit!

SCOOTERS HAVE GOT TO GO!!! We all agreed as three in our party were hit by them....you gotta be freaking kidding me how many of these damn things there are....Wall E must have been created after seeing WDW!

I even started singing 'Convoy' as I saw a line of scooters all puttering down the walk (like 6 in a row)...I"m sorry that people are too fat or otherwise injured who need these things, but there has got to be a better way.

One of our group stated they should have a scooter lane much like a bike lane...this actually has some merit!

I do think that scooters are misused by some, but they are a costly item to rent, so I figure its up to the renter. I know a lot of people look like its a weight related use, but remember you can't see what is wrong with people, and I would much rather see people in scooters than not be able to enjoy Disney.

I do think that scooters are misused by some, but they are a costly item to rent, so I figure its up to the renter. I know a lot of people look like its a weight related use, but remember you can't see what is wrong with people, and I would much rather see people in scooters than not be able to enjoy Disney.

It's very probably that their lack of mobility contributes to their weight. I know when I hurt my knee a few years ago and couldn't walk for a couple of weeks, I really packed on the pounds!!! I can only cringe at how much I'd weigh if I couldn't do my daily laps around the neighborhood w/ the dog.

I think people who are unable to enjoy Disney because of mobility issues should certainly get a scooter and enjoy. The weight/injured comment seems a little insensitive.:eek: I do agree those using scooters need to be very careful not to run into others.

I am not sure why anyone would want to fake using a scooter that would seem to be more trouble than it is worth. I know taking a stroller is a pain in the butt for us and are doing our July trip (son will be 3) without one hopefully. I really can’t see someone using it if it was not needed.

Regarding the AK hours...

One of the handlers at Rafiki's Planet Watch told us that the park hours were set based on sundown, as the handlers had to have time to bring the animals in every night, something they cannot do in the dark.

So one would expect longer hours in the summer, shorter hours every time else.

OP--I think maybe you've been to WDW too many times. I agree that they need some new attractions to freshen things up--but as you say, you have been there and done that, so why keep doing it if you don't enjoy the repetition?
I'm asking this as a serious question. Why do you keep going back?

As a total aside, is the spelling actually getting worse on this site? They need spell check in a bad way up in this piece.

Just be glad you don't need one. For a lot of people, it's either rent a scooter, or don't do Disney.

On our recent trip, I expected to see ECVs everywhere. I was surprised at how few I saw. Watching those on the ECVs, I couldn't help but think "That is not the optimal way to see WDW." I don't believe ECV abuse is as widespread as some portray it to be, and I think it's wonderful that WDW tries to make their parks as accessible as possible for all types of people.

OP--I think maybe you've been to WDW too many times. I agree that they need some new attractions to freshen things up--but as you say, you have been there and done that, so why keep doing it if you don't enjoy the repetition?
I'm asking this as a serious question. Why do you keep going back?

As a total aside, is the spelling actually getting worse on this site? They need spell check in a bad way up in this piece.

I never said we had a bad time...look at pros and cons......but I'm not blind either.....and two of the groups were newbies....

Doesn't matter if there's a lot or a few or just one, whether the person 'truly' needs a scooter or not, Disney allows and encourages their use. Disney makes a lot of money by catering to folks that other theme parks ignore such as the otherwise-abled or those with restrictive dietary needs. They are NOT going to do something about them except order more if they feel they can rent more at $35 a day. And when I get so old or so fat or so injured that I need one you can bet your sweet patootie that I'll have one and geve dirty looks back to those like the op and his friends.

Okay your post about the burka wearing women was over the top but this post is really:stir::stir:

they didn't see the boat rides as rides per se.....and they liked WS and the experiences, shows and what not, just the an additional rides would make it more worthwhile.

I think a lot of people hear that WDW is "more than just an amusement park," they expect WDW to be like an amusement park cranked to eleven. Scarier roller coasters, wilder rides, that kind of thing. In reality, the rides at WDW tend to be tamer and the "more" is something somewhat unrelated to the rides. If someone's into theming, and if good theming enhances their ride experience, then WDW rides are "more," but if someone's more oriented toward the thrill and the underlying theming has little impact, then WDW rides are "less."

I don't care what their belief is, is subjegation of women, yet all the women in the group defended it......go figure

Every Muslim woman I've ever known has argued that her dress frees her from subjugation. But even if it was, in what way would denying them entrance help them?

I know when I hurt my knee a few years ago and couldn't walk for a couple of weeks, I really packed on the pounds!!!

Yah. Combine immobility with some meds and the pounds can really pile on. And of course a lot of people are in scooters for joint issues, which are often treated with steroids, which encourage weight gain... kind of a vicious circle. :sad1:

I know they extend general public hours for busier timeframes, however, I was referring to AK pm EMHs which seems to have changed across the board.

For the first time in our Sep/Oct trip history we will have no AK pm EMH's during the two weeks we will be there. AK closes at 5 pm every night. We used to have at least 2-3 AK 8 pm EMH park closings, not this year.

We go to WDW several times a year, and lately, I've noticed that they hold off on adding a good chunk of EMHs until a month or two before the actual date. For instance, they added EMHs a week in advance for our trip last week. I'm sure it's based on how many rooms are booked and attendance projections. So, there may still be hope for EMHs.

If the end of September/beginning of October keeps drawing crowds like it has the last few years (due to Fall Breaks, F&W, MNSSHP, and marathon weekends), I could see them adding more EMHs.

Other additions:

Food:

50's Prime Time = food WAY better than anticipated
Boatwrights = an overlooked gem!
Cosmic Rays = love the condiment bar
Raglan Road = Very nice and loved the entertainment
San Angel Inn = Once again, neat atmosphere, food is junk (third try, trust my opinion)
Teppen Edo = good, but hibachi is hibachi, not Disneyesque enough
POR QS = AWESOME!!! serisouly.......

Other things....

Saw a family in full burka (however this is spelled ) which sparked some controvery within our group....as in, is it ok to wear this at WDW (for the record, I said heck no, I don't care what their belief is, is subjegation of women, yet all the women in the group defended it......go figure)

I'll be sure to let my mother the cancer patient know that her use of a scooter would be offensive to a specific cohort of xenophobic gourmands at WDW.

Hi
I just rented a scooter for my DH so that we can still go on our trip in May. He feels embarrassed by needing it, but he's going to have knee replacement later this year, and we didn't want to cancel our trip. We've always walked in our past trips, and when I go with my DGD and DD, we always walk. It would be easier to go without one, but sometimes a scooter is needed!!

Hi
I just rented a scooter for my DH so that we can still go on our trip in May. He feels embarrassed by needing it, but he's going to have knee replacement later this year, and we didn't want to cancel our trip. We've always walked in our past trips, and when I go with my DGD and DD, we always walk. It would be easier to go without one, but sometimes a scooter is needed!!
We are going in May too. It's getting closer! I hope you, your family and your DH have a wonderful trip. :thumbsup2

As stated before - be thankful you don't need to rent a scooter to enjoy Disney and you should never judge a person - as you don't know their reason for renting one.

My dad had triple bypass surgery and can only go to Disney if he rents a scooter, as the extensive walking and heat/humidty take a toll on his heart. He would much rather be walking around the parks. I prefer him in a scooter - alive, and enjoying the magic of Disney with his children and grandchildren.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter