Just back - Opinions and Observations

We did, but never even attempted getting more FP. The lines at the kiosks got absolutely absurd the later in the day it got. I wanted to touch on the post someone made about the lack of FP kiosks in Frontierland. I agree with this 100%. Not only are they a hike away, but they are in the exact same space as the restrooms and ATM in Adventureland. It was chaos in that area. I had an interesting chat with a DVC agent at one of the booths. Even he agreed, he doesn't quite understand what Disney has been thinking with many of the decisions they are making lately. One other thing I forgot to add - I called to check on 2015 rates at the Grand Floridian. Heck, there are issues, but we still had a blast. It's still WDW. Anyways, rack rate for July in a standard garden view room was $610 per night with tax.:scared1:

SOA- the way to score a deal on the GF is to book before you leave. We did this back in February on our last trip. We are going in December and we are paying less than $350 per night for a garden view.

SOA- the way to score a deal on the GF is to book before you leave. We did this back in February on our last trip. We are going in December and we are paying less than $350 per night for a garden view.

They didn't have any BB offers for 2015 yet.

Can you give an example of a taxi fare between a hotel and a theme park?

My husband was the one paying, but I recall being shocked at how cheap it was. $10, $15, I think one (WL to Contemporary for Chef Mickey's) was $5! I believe the most was in the $30 range to/from Animal Kingdom and in the heat with cranky kids and a stroller, we were happy to pay it to get outta Dodge without having to wait for a bus or cram ourselves into one!

My husband was the one paying, but I recall being shocked at how cheap it was. $10, $15, I think one (WL to Contemporary for Chef Mickey's) was $5! I believe the most was in the $30 range to/from Animal Kingdom and in the heat with cranky kids and a stroller, we were happy to pay it to get outta Dodge without having to wait for a bus or cram ourselves into one!

It depends on the traffic honestly. We paid $22 (with tip) from Poly to Boardwalk. We paid $21 (with tip) from WL to Boardwalk, which is a bit further.

It depends on the traffic honestly. We paid $22 (with tip) from Poly to Boardwalk. We paid $21 (with tip) from WL to Boardwalk, which is a bit further.

I'm sure that's true. We were there in September, so no crazy DTD construction and low crowds = low traffic.

Can you give an example of a taxi fare between a hotel and a theme park?

Pop Century to anything in the MK area is right at $20 with tip. We typically do this once or twice per trip, usually going resort to resort for a meal.

Being that I'm from NYC, I find the comment to be quite curious.

Of all the places I've traveled, some of the friendliest and most helpful locals are from the Northeast.

For instance, any Tourist standing on a corner with a map in Manhattan will be offered advice from many NY'ers who will gladly offer assistance without even being asked. Try the experiment in Paris.

Not need to go to Paris try the experiment in CT. And if you are from other country the response is overwhelming and not in a good way.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter