Just back - LOTS to say!

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
Just got back late last night from 12 nights at All Star Movies. As usual, it was a great trip. I won't say fantastic, but I'll get into that later. I've never had so much I wanted to share with you guys after a trip as I do after this one.

I'll break things down a bit:

Getting there - Things got off to a shaky start as our 6:00PM flight got delayed 3 hours. We finally get to Orlando around midnight. Luckily, Tiffany Town Cars was right on the ball, knew of the delay, was waiting for us at baggage claim, and got us right to the hotel. Good job on their part.

Theme Parks - Spent about 4 days at Magic Kingdom. Most morning, it was crowded, but we got to do all the biggies. By noontime, it was very crowded. In fact, we had 3 days of EMH evenings planned, and never stayed for one as it got so crowded. On Friday night, the park was so packed we literally couldn't move away from the front of Main Street trying to exit the park. My 5 year old was so scared he started crying. Disney NEEDS to do something more efficient about the mobs down there. We spent about 3 days at Epcot, including 2 shows of Illuminations, which was awesome. Epcot, is by far, the most efficient run Disney park. Only spent about 1 day at MGM. Not much to say. Did ToT and RnRCoaster, as well as the shows. Fell asleep during Indiana Jones as usual. Biggest surprise was Animal Kingdom. I've really grown to like this park. Everest and Dinosaur are 2 of the greatest attractions at Disney World. I finally saw Festival Of The Lion King. It was ok. Won't bother with it again. If you take the time to see the out of the way little things at this park, you appreciate it much more.

Food - We tried a bunch of new things this time. Here's the report card:

Teppanyaki: B+
Marrakesh: B+
Nine Dragins: B
Polynesian Luau: D (We were very unimpressed with the show. The first half was just awful. Food was ok, but nothing special.)
Hoop Dee Doo: C (I think after 5 times, the novelty has worn off a bit.)
Chef Mickey's: B- (Food was crap, but characters were fun.)
Restaurantorous: B- (same as above.)
Liberty Tree: B
Crystal Palace: B (Slow service, sub par food, but good character interaction.)
Planet Hollywood: B-
Rainforest Cafe: B
Chef De Frances: D (Won't go back.)
Alfredo's: C- (I've had better chicken parmesan at Burger King.)
'Ohana: B+

I'm gonna put this in a seperate section - Mission:Space. I decided to try out the "tame" version, since I'd never been on it before. Yuck. If that had lasted 30 more seconds, I would have lost my lunch. I can't imagine going on the intense version. Probably the most unenjoyable ride experience of my life.

OK, now, this is we're I'm zipping up my flame retardant suit and getting ready for the onslaught. I'll be called predjudice, and if that's the case, then fine by me. The Braizlian tour groups. I've read about the antics of these guys several times, but having never been in July, haven't experienced it. After 12 days, I was ready to leave and will NEVER return in July. They are obnoxious. They were everywhere - Chanting, screaming, singing, cutting people in line, keeping people up at the hotel until 3:00AM. One night at the Magic Kingdom, they were doing it during Spectromagic. People all over were telling them to please keep it down. They just stuck out their tongues and kept on doing it. I heard numerous people complain to Disney Cast Members who all said the same thing - If you don't like it, don't come in July. All I can say is, shame on Disney. They have no problem in asking a guest to shut off their camera, get off of a handrail, yell at them for their fastpass, make them throw away their bottle of water before getting on a ride, yet they can't ask a tour group guide to keep their group a bit quieter and respect other people's vacation. I met one family at the bar who after 6 night, decided they'd had enough and were switching resorts the next morning. I'm not sure if it's part of their culture or they're simply taking advantage of being guests in our country, but in any event, I was glad to leave and not have to deal with them anymore.

Well, I've got lost more to say, but not the time to say it right now. Feel free to ask any questions.

Crap. I'm going to be in WDW in about 7 hours for my own 12 day trip... and I had forgotten about the tour groups! :sad2: I've been there before in July, and I had conveniently blocked out those memories... I'll just have to warn DH so that he doesn't go bonkers when he sees the tour groups' antics! :rolleyes: I'm also suprised at the CMs attitude towards it - in 2003 they were trying to crack down as much as possible. Perhaps they've just given up now? :confused3

ITA with your assessment of the Luau - hated it, but I loved the old program before they put in the "auntie" storyline. I wanted to fling my chicken bones at her...

Thanks for the report!! :thumbsup2

thanks for the reviews
im glad you had fun
that would have driven me nuts to probably
who did you guys fly? did you come out of logan or use manchester?

I have to agree. All you see is the large tour groups. They are annoyoing.

i just spoke to my sister in law who just got back home on thursday and that was the first thing she told me about. she said the tour groups were horrible with all their chanting and screaming!! luckily she didn't stay in the resorts! :confused3

Wow, that's awful!! How rude can people get?

I hope your 5 year old knows that this experience isn't Disney, its just rude tourist, and that you guys will try again during another time of year......

I have no problem with people having fun, but that is just crazy, and the CM should have told them to quiet down, and respect ALL THE OTHER guests......

I went for the first time ever last year with my three kids - I must have been completely oblivious because I do not remember seeing any annoying tour groups. That stinks that they create so much disturbance for everyone else trying to enjoy their vacation!
I read one of the other replys asking if you flew out of Logan or Manchester? Does that mean you live close/in Manchester, NH? I live in Manchester, NH and am trying to decide if I want to fly out of Logan or Manchester. I would be interested to know where you flew from and how it went.

You won't get any flames from me on this one.

We just returned also and saw the same thing. I've never seen any people that could be so careless of others like these teens. Give me Pop Warner anyday.

I was in line at the Sci Fi (where we were eating by the way) restroom and had to help a small girl up when she was knocked flat by those brats that came pouring through the door pushing through everyone just to primp and change shirts (yes in front of everyone) and no they were not eating there.

Thankfully they were not staying at our resort.

Just curious, are the tour groups all from Brazil? Or is it that there are just so many tour groups there period that was so annoying? We were there August 5-9, 2005 and we didn't notice large groups but maybe we were just oblivious.

And what were they chanting?

Looking forward to more details.

Glad you and your family enjoyed your trip! Ms is definately not on our list. Also so glad we didn't book the Luau, we have heard so many people say the food is lousy and it wasn't worth the money. We are going to try HDD instead. I never knew about these tour groups but that would piss me off beyond belief. I will never go in July I guess. :goodvibes Have fun at Bon Jovi, wish we were going.

It really is a sad situation with tour groups. Thanks for grading the resturants, I am really trying to narrow down my choices and this helped.

I totally agree with you about the Brizilian tour groups. We used to go in July and dealt with them in the parks before. I could not imagine how much more frustrating it would be to have them at the same resort! :eek: :crazy2: :faint:

We had the same problem last July. They were so obnoxious. :sad2: We this decided to go back in August year so we'll miss them. I talked to a Brazilian family not associated with a tour group last July and the mom said the kids have a few weeks off from school and that's why they're there. She told me she'd take her kids out of school this year and go in August because they were so rude. She kept apologizing to us for "her people". I felt so bad for this poor woman. Even after we told her there are plenty of rude Americans too she still kept apologizing. The poor thing.

We went with a large group of friends a few years ago, ages 15 to 50, and of course we went the last week in June. Well welcome to the land of tour groups. We were in line for the Alien ride and the line wrapped around the back of the ride. All you could hear was them singing and chanting. One guy (not with our group) started to sing GOD BLESS AMERICA at the top of his lungs....and you can bet your bottom dollar that a ton of us in line started singing right along with him.....the chanters from Brazil shut up after that......

Well, now I am scared! :scared1: We leave in 16 days. Maybe the Brazilians will have gone home by then? I'm sure it will be plenty crowded with everyone else jammed in nose to tail.

Our next trip is during Pop Warner and the trip after that is Spring Break. Maybe we should start staying home! :rotfl:

MickeyNicki said:
We went with a large group of friends a few years ago, ages 15 to 50, and of course we went the last week in June. Well welcome to the land of tour groups. We were in line for the Alien ride and the line wrapped around the back of the ride. All you could hear was them singing and chanting. One guy (not with our group) started to sing GOD BLESS AMERICA at the top of his lungs....and you can bet your bottom dollar that a ton of us in line started singing right along with him.....the chanters from Brazil shut up after that......
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

I just returned on Sunday and I noticed the tour groups as well. To be honest, how could you not? The flags make is obvious; however, the group itself was rude. It was as if they expected people to let them in the front on most rides, etc... I am sorry - you may be visiters but you dont get special rights. We are going back soon I am hoping there gone by then.

Minnie said:
You won't get any flames from me on this one.

We just returned also and saw the same thing. I've never seen any people that could be so careless of others like these teens. Give me Pop Warner anyday.

I was in line at the Sci Fi (where we were eating by the way) restroom and had to help a small girl up when she was knocked flat by those brats that came pouring through the door pushing through everyone just to primp and change shirts (yes in front of everyone) and no they were not eating there.

Thankfully they were not staying at our resort.

If I had been witness to this, I am certain things would have gotten ugly! :furious:

Let's just say their primping would have been for naught... :scratchin

"Sorry...I guess my backpack just got away from me as I was swinging it around."

"Oh DD...you shouldn't be spraying them with your Mickey Mister!"

:rolleyes1 Rude people really get under my skin!

I remember that Brazilian tourist group when we went last July. They didn't seem too terribly bad, but they did seem to be everywhere we went. From everyone's experiences, I am SOOO glad we are going to Disney at the end of August!

Just got back tonight from a week at Disney. We usually go the last week in January and after this past week we will start back in January. We had a great time as usual, but the heat and the Brazil tour groups. As crazy as it sounds, the heat did not bother me as bad as the loud and rude tour groups. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time. Out of all moderate resorts and value resorts, this is our favorite!!! Because of the heat and crowds, we would sleep in, eat, play at the pool, and then tackle the parks that had the extra magic hours. The temperature and humidity was nice and I live in south Mississippi to compare it to. A tip we learned at Magic Kingdom was to skip the 9:00 spectromagic parade and go watch the 11:00 parade in front of the Country Bears. We literally had the place to ourselves and the kids had alot of interaction with the characters. Never saw the tour groups in this area. They seemed to be in front of Casey's on main street during each parade. I will give my quick ratings of restaurants:

Coral Reef - Food was pretty good this time. I recommend the steak
Boatwrights - Food was really good
Crystal Palace - Food was fair, but the kids loved the characters
Cinderella Castle - Food was fair, but excellent for kids
Le Cellier at Canada - Excellent. The best!!!!!!
Casey's Corner - Not crazy about hot dogs, but these were pretty good.
Pecos Bill's - The best burgers and fixings
Prime Time Cafe - The food and atmosphere is always good

Not my favorite time of the year to go, but it is DISNEY!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter