Just Back- It was FANTASTIC

sjhlib

Earning My Ears
Returned last night, 4 day Wonder, the kids (all teens) really bummed that it's over. The trip was perfect (except for the blisters-sun was much worse than we thought). Palo the first night, brunch on Wed., both were great.
Juan and Agus have got to be one of the most fantastic server teams on board - we were the last ones to leave dinner every night, as they just didn't quit!
We had 2 category 11 rooms (as we got the magical rates, and were trying to go "first class cheap"), and to be honest, I don't think I'd ever do it any other way. The set up was great w/teens - they were tucked away in the back and had their own space, and because we were 6aft, I just went up one flight to the 7aft deck to my "private" veranda without waking them. If you have reservations about doing an 11, don't! It was just fine!
A huge "Thank You" to everyone on these boards - we had a lot of friends w/us and everyone was appreciative (I know, inside they were saying I was ridiculously organized) for how smoothly everything went, all because of all of the hints I got right here.
Now to pay off the bills and save for the next one. Please feel free to ask any questions if you're the lucky one going next!

they were tucked away in the back and had their own space, and because we were 6aft, I just went up one flight to the 7aft deck to my "private" veranda without waking them. If you have reservations about doing an 11, don't! It was just fine!
Thanks for this vote of confidense. We had a verandah on our last Wonder cruise, but I have 2 cat 10 SPH rooms booked this year's cruise. I can't tell you how many times it's run through my mind that I'm gonna regret not booking another verandah.
Glad to hear you had a good time----my stateroom on the last cruise was right next to that "secret" 7 aft deck.
Glad you had a great time aside from the blisters.

I did the same thing - went back in forth in my head on if I would regret not having even a porthole, but I didn't miss it one bit!

Now I'm even more excited about being on the 7th deck!! We got upgraded from a cat. 11 to a cat. 8 -- and it seems like I'll have some nice time on the secret verandah!! :)

Not much time till I'm there!!

Sherri :)

we are booked in Sep 04 for cat 11 6 way aft...like 6531 or 6355? I can't remember now..it is on my home email. or was it 6335? who knows... What room did you stay in? What is the deck 7 private verandah???? Did you get bothered by any noise? Glad your trip was great!
Jennprincess:

Glad you are back safely!! Thanks for the mini report! Did you happen to bring back any navigators? I'd love to see some more recent ones. What movies were playing in the theaters?

I am so anxious for our up comming cruise and I love to hear from you folks just getting back. If you have the time, please write a full report.

Start saving your pennies so you can book your next one real soon!!

sjhlib...so glad you had a good time....I just realized we know each other from grade school and you took my neighbor on your cruise. My name is Jill....Kerry's sister. Are you going to do a full trip report? I would love to read it!!

What a riot! I heard that you're going back next year w/the T's AND the P's!!! Did you know that??? Oh yes, and my daughter is tagging along, and my son is ready to book his own room next door to you guys! Of course, all that is according to Brit, who is ready to find ANY way of going back!
We did bring back the navigators but they're pretty much the same as the ones that have been posted recently. They were showing Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Miracle.
Castaway Cay day was sunny and beautiful (but too windy for the excursions we had booked - they cancelled parasailing and Banana boats)

when you can make teenagers happy?
I believe this is the best vacation you can take with teens.

since the Palo brunch is "new" for the 4 day cruise, did you have any problems getting the time or day you wanted? Do you stand in the same line as you would to get a Palo dinner reservation or are they two separate lines?

thanks!

Marley

Thank you so much for your post! I do have a few questions! We are first time cruisers :wave: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo
We are also taking the 4 day Wonder April 25!
Did you notice anyone in shorts for dinner? Like nicer kahki's? I know Palo is for dress up only - just wondering about the rest. How does Breakfast and Lunch work? We have late seating for dinner (traveling with a 12-&13 year old) do we have a certain time for those meals too?
Would you recommend any spa's or excursions!
Thanks a million!
Lisa

Palo Brunch: I went directly to Wavebands w/a friend when I boarded -I let the rest of the gang do their own thing and had them meet me for lunch @ 1:30- we had to wait there until 1pm, but since we were first in line, we had no problem w/time slots and got out of there quickly. There were different lines for brunch/dinner, so I booked one and she booked the other. Brunch was great - try to do it.
Dress for dinner: I didn't see anyone in shorts, and unless it's a small child, it's expected that one not wears shorts, even nice ones. That said, don't worry though about really dressing up though - I saw very few jackets, even at Triton's.
Seating: We had late seating, wouldn't do it any other way w/teens. No one had to rush back to get dressed for dinner, and the dinners were sooo relaxed. The kids stay up really late on this cruise, so 8:30 is still early in their night! Breakfast is anytime you want - buffet at BBBuffet or sit down at the restaurant of the day, you can go anytime. It's just the last day that you have specific seating time (it will be 8am for you as you're 2nd seating) and you will have your servers that you've had all week, so you get to say your goodbyes!
Excursions: The only ones we had booked (parasailing/Banana Boats) were cancelled due to wind. We did take a taxi to the Crystal Palace/Cable Beach in Nassau, but liked the ship better, so headed back early. I think we would be more likely to want excursions on a longer trip, but on the 4 day, we really enjoyed being on board.
Teens: I hope your kids enjoy as much as mine did. They didn't end up doing the "organized" teen things, but met new friends in Common Grounds and hung out w/them. My son said that a lot of them enjoyed the Kayaking/Biking teen excursion on Castaway Cay. They've all allready been IM'ng each other on ways to get us parents to book for next year!

Yes..we did rebook for next April vacation and we cannot wait. Yes the T's(or 3 of them anyway) are also going...did not know about the P's??!! We are also going with 2 other families we have gone with for the past 2 years.
Sounds like you all had a "wonderful" time...are you planning on another trip?

I haven't had a chance to recover from this one, but the kids are all ready working on me to rebook. It was the first time that we went with friends and it was great.
As for the P's, I think that Brit was planning on working on her folks when she got back on that one!!!
PS-Let me know if you need any help w/the Gala!

Thanks Cindy..have you gone to the Gala before? I don't know how i ended up chairing the auction part of it!!??
My girls loved having friends on the cruise ...the first year they had 4 other girls all around their ages and had a blast...I don't think they ever went to common grounds as they felt like they had their own group.
Last year there were 16 kids in our group of 7 families and they all had a great time together..again did not go into Common Grounds at all.
We will be doing the western again and plan to do like you...just enjoy the ship . I think we will go to 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman but otherwise just hang on the beach.....

sjhlib -

Could you tell me what days and times they had for the Palo Brunch? I'd like to know ahead of time so I can plan nursery time for my 21 month old. Thanks!!

I know they had 10:30 and 11:30, and I think they may have had a 3rd (possibly 12:30). We did the 10:30. The mamossas (sp?) are free and the food displays are beautiful. When we mentioned that the kids would love the pizza and asked if we could take the last piece to go, he had 2 fresh ones made and packaged to go for us to take with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter