Just Back -- Info on Photoconnect

Anyone know if there are picture takers at HHN or cameras in the houses that would be included in this program?

no photos, scareactors at work;)

can't recall seeing photographers during HHN, but wasn't looking lol

OP thanks for posting, $50 is certainly a bargin compared to disney's offering! So you pay upfront, login to their site & download the pics. I assume you receive a license (probably since you've paid in advance?) to be able to have them printed.

Some answers --

They do not give you a cd, instead, you go to the website and click down load below each picture and then you save each picture to your computer. There is also a button below each picture for facebook and twitter if you want to post from the site. Lauren

Thank you so much for the info thus far!

If you could entertain my question, I would appreciate it.

What is the average size (MB or kb) of the downloaded pix? That will give me an idea of the resolution of the photos.

Thanks!

I'll join the chorus and say thanks! this was very helpful. My husband is a professional photog, so we never sign up for these kinds of things, but this sounds very appealing, I think we shall when we're down in 2 weeks.
:cool1:

ericarachel -- we didn't see any photographers in WWOHP -- we only saw them right inside the front of the parks and then sometimes on the bridges right outside of the parks

We never saw any in WW either but we did comment this trip on seeing more Universal Photographers around the parks in strategic points that we had ever seen before.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2

THANK YOU! I was just going to post a question about Photoconnect and you answered all of my questions :thumbsup2

Much appreciated!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

What about pictures with characters? I haven't been to Universal in a long time and was wondering if there were photographers with any specific characters.

Just wanted to add they have an annual pass photo option.

We paid $80 for a full 12 months. All photos minus WWOHP and RRR are downloadable from photo connect. You also get free 5x7's. Either 8 or 10, I can't remember. Plus 50% on additional prints including the ones where they put your face in.

They also said you can stop by the photo store and request a photographer to come take pictures of you. We've never tried it though.

Thanks so much to OP for the information about the digital download package. We are here for 6 days and have been able to use this to it's fullest. Yesterday the manager at the photo shop at IoA told us she had photographers on the bridge outside HP. They were taking pics with the castle as the backdrop. She also said there should be photographers at each character experience. Unfortunately we were on pir way out of the park so no way to confirm yet. Today at US we saw a lot more photographers. I can confirm tomorrow about HP as we are returning. Such a great deal!

Thanks so much to OP for the information about the digital download package. We are here for 6 days and have been able to use this to it's fullest. Yesterday the manager at the photo shop at IoA told us she had photographers on the bridge outside HP. They were taking pics with the castle as the backdrop. She also said there should be photographers at each character experience. Unfortunately we were on pir way out of the park so no way to confirm yet. Today at US we saw a lot more photographers. I can confirm tomorrow about HP as we are returning. Such a great deal!

Thanks for the live update. We will be there Saturday, can't wait!

Just wanted to add they have an annual pass photo option.

We paid $80 for a full 12 months. All photos minus WWOHP and RRR are downloadable from photo connect. You also get free 5x7's. Either 8 or 10, I can't remember. Plus 50% on additional prints including the ones where they put your face in.

They also said you can stop by the photo store and request a photographer to come take pictures of you. We've never tried it though.

Interesting!

Two questions:

1. Are the 5x7s included in the price? I would you order & pick those up while you are at the park. that seems like a really good deal!

2 also, do you have any idea what they meant about requesting a photographer? Do you go ask for one & the get one to follow you around for a couple of shots?

Thanks

DVC Daisy said:
Interesting!

Two questions:

1. Are the 5x7s included in the price? I would you order & pick those up while you are at the park. that seems like a really good deal!

2 also, do you have any idea what they meant about requesting a photographer? Do you go ask for one & the get one to follow you around for a couple of shots?

Thanks

1. Yes they were included. 8 or 10 of them.
2. We're not sure but that is what it sounded like.

I wish I had read this thread prior to my trip. We were at Universal 4 days and I asked different photo people about the package getting different responses. The photoshop at the front of the park told me that the ultimate package was $80 for one day, but you could bring tickets from previous days to scan on that one day. I was so confused that I opted for no package. :(

We finally got our PhotoConnect pics by HP. Itwas like a scavenger hunt to find a photo person on the bridge. He was leaning against the stone wall near the Jurassic Park side. He seemed very content there and we had to ask him to come take our pics. 2 shots on the bridge with the castle as a backdrop. I asked if there were any "magic shots" and i was told all editing got done at the shop so i asked if there was a special pose we could do to maybe get a wand in our hands or something like that. Again i was told that all editing gets done at the shop. Maybe it was a language barrier or maybe he was just lazy? Anyway back at the shop we got our downloads and the frame around the pic was very basic but appropriate, kinda a thin stone framing. I asked if there were other borders and was told no that is the HP border. All in all we got about 40 digital download pics. We also got 1 print out of our choice and a MIB presonalized photo express card. Great deal for $40. ( i also forgot to askabout AAA discount, the price was right anyway )

An update. We used the info from the OP & it worked like a charm. We forgot our AAA discount too - probably because I was so surprised by the price that I was not even thinking. We purchased the unlimited digital download ANNUAL pass for the $39.99 + tax price! It included the custom MIB Photoconnect card, but no actual prints. Any prints that we did purchase there they said would be 50% off!

We did kind of have to search around for the photographers, but did end up getting 54 pictures in 2 1/2 days, so not too bad. We really did not spend a lot of time looking for them, if we happened to see one, we usually had them snap some shots.

You can go to the photo center at the main gate and request a photographer. They will pull someone out of the shop & go outside & take some pictures of you. We did this once. It was nice, but they have a very limited amount of places they take the pictures (right outside) and it was a bit of a wait for them to get someone, so I would probably only recommend this once.

You can also go into the gift store at the end of the ET ride (you don't even have to ride) and get some cute ET pictures taken there. They have an automated place in the JP area to scan your card and it takes a pic. That was great. I hope they put more of those in around the park.

We did find that most of the characters DID NOT have Photoconnect photographers with them. Something to keep in mind. I think we only saw Woody & Spiderman with photographers.

I would love to hear about what others experienced. It seems like they are tweaking this whole Photoconnect program daily. I am sure we missed some great photo spots, so if anyone has info to share, I can note it for our next trip.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I bought the 39.95 package for the digital downloads with a free 8 x 10. Now that I'm home and logged in, I see that it is cheaper to order a print that to download a pic. Downloads are 16.95. Does anyone else think that is a little steep?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Sorry.

I bought the 39.95 package for the digital downloads with a free 8 x 10. Now that I'm home and logged in, I see that it is cheaper to order a print that to download a pic. Downloads are 16.95. Does anyone else think that is a little steep?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Sorry.

Can you explain? I also see it in 16.95:confused3

Can you explain? I also see it in 16.95:confused3

I believe the digital copy is more expensive because once you have it, you can do whatever you want with it, such as get a print made elsewhere or print at home.

If you buy a print from Universal, all you get is the print so there's less you can do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter