• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back! I Loooove MUMMY!

chrisn

DIS Veteran
We are just back from a visit to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure on February 23rd and 24th. We continue to LOVE the Universal parks. IOA is just our fave place ever! I finally saw Shrek and rode Mummy 3 times! What a cool freakin ride! My DS is still talking about it! Crowds were not that bad. I had the Express Plus Tickets and only needed to use them for Jimmy Neutron which is the same as Hanna Barberra was and I didn't like that ride so I'm glad we didn't wait long. Ate at Nascar and Margaritaville. The latter is my Fave restaurant in Orlando for just a fun, good time. A great trip!

Glad you had a great time. Universal continues to have the best rides.

Yep, MUMMY ROCKS! Hands down, my favorite ride there. DS would vote for MIB and BTTF, we must have ridden each a dozen times.

glad to see that more people have enjoyed this great ride too
its great that u guys enjoyed yourselves

universal never makes me dissapointed and i always leave pleased
the mummy is just a really really great ride hands down :teeth:

chrisn said:
We are just back from a visit to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure on February 23rd and 24th. We continue to LOVE the Universal parks. IOA is just our fave place ever! I finally saw Shrek and rode Mummy 3 times! What a cool freakin ride! My DS is still talking about it! Crowds were not that bad. I had the Express Plus Tickets and only needed to use them for Jimmy Neutron which is the same as Hanna Barberra was and I didn't like that ride so I'm glad we didn't wait long. Ate at Nascar and Margaritaville. The latter is my Fave restaurant in Orlando for just a fun, good time. A great trip!

Ooooh, what park were you in the 24th? I was at USF :) You might have seen me, about 18 .. my shirt said 305 MIA on it .. and we were in the BTTF / MIB area alot, as we rode MIB 9 total times over two days, lol.

Foladar: DS(14), DD(15), and I will get to Universal on Monday, March 21, 2005, also! Our first time. We are psyched!

yo foladar i will probably be there on the 21st i gotta see

congrats again on the good trip to universal...some people dont have as good as a time

We were at Islands on Wednesday the 23rd and Universal on Thursday the 24th. Didn't see you though.

chrisn said:
We were at Islands on Wednesday the 23rd and Universal on Thursday the 24th. Didn't see you though.
Ah we were at USF too on the 24th. And I think my trip got pushed up to the 17/18th now instead of 21st.

Hey....

I don't know my hours yet - but if I'm working those days say "hi" to me working at Shrek!

Smiles,

Holly

ThePhantomsGirlfrien said:
Hey....

I don't know my hours yet - but if I'm working those days say "hi" to me working at Shrek!

Smiles,

Holly
I looked for you Weds and yesterday with no luck. Weds. was a nasty day in the sunshine state!

I'm on the left coast, went to USH and rode their version of the Mummy.

It's fun but the USF version is much better, longer, and more intense. The USH version has some unique things that make it nice, but the ride itself is short and the coaster part is nothing compared to ours. For example, the queue has a movie playing on a circle screen where you see the characters and a lady calling out the name imoteph over and over talking about the curse.
I shot a pov video in night shot mode and in regular mode, so everyone will get to see it when I get back.

I

cool robvia,
u gonna post it on ur website????
i had a version from remainseated but it really sucked it wasn't in night vision of any kind and i couldn't see the cool effects like the arms coming out of the wall
after watching this movie a couple of times i too thought ours was much better:teeth:

Of coarse I'll post it. Along with some pics of USH.

The park is worth visiting. There's so much to talk about.
USH has it's own charm. Somehow they pack all the rides of USF into a smaller space. It's amazing to go on the backlot tour and realize so many movies are shot there.

But right now I'm in an internet cafe and won't be back until next week. Give me a couple weeks and I'll have some web pages up.

A left coast trip is definately worth considering for our UK guests. Yes, the plane rides can get old, but it's worth it once you get out here. 5 major parks to visit. Knotts, Disneyland, DCA, SFMM, USH.

thats really cool
i have wanted to take a trip out there myself
it will be cool to see some of the pictures of the actual park... i have seen the layout on a map but to actually see it would be nice....Did u video tape any other rides
like their JPRA or something??????

Yes, I took pictures of their JPRA and a POV of the final drop.

The big raptor wasn't there, it was a black curtain up. I think they're doing rehab on him.

Rides are similar to the USF versions, but have their own unique qualities. Hard to explain that, but it's worth a visit.

do u not take a pov of the whole jurassic park ride for being afraid of jpra cameras and security
yeah i heard that they had it shut down for a while and were doing work on the ride

I took pictures of the first part, and then the video of the second. They don't care if you take pictures on that ride, but they tell you your camera may get wet. The reason I didn't video the entire ride, is because my videos are 640x480, and they're huge. The ride is about 5 minutes long, and a video would be over 100 megs. The Mummy videos are 40 megs each. So many videos and pictures to put on web pages. I won't get to it this weekend, I'm going away again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter