Just back....highs and lows

dopeydons

Earning My Ears
Got back last night from a 3 night solo trip....

Highs:
As this was a trip booked as I had to cancel WDW through illness I was pleasantly surprised with DLP. When I've been before the rudeness of some people with queue jumping/pushing and shoving has annoyed me but no issues this time! I think it's because the parks were so quiet Monday-Wednesday.

The christmas decorations were beautiful, especially with the blue skies on Sunday. Sadly that was the last day I saw a blue sky!

The parks were super quiet. Every ride was near enough a walk on. Fastpass wasn't even operating for BTM!

Meeting the characters at the hotel was good and the breakfast was pretty good if a bit chaotic!

Flights with Air France on time both ways. CDG is a horrible airport though!

Lows:

The only characters were those listed on the schedules. Before I left I'd been reading about people meeting random characters at the studios etc but I didn't see any out at all in either park so ended up meeting Mickey about 4 times! Yes I am a big kid! Really wanted to find Dopey though! :-(

The hotel Cheyenne was themed well and pretty with the xmas decorations but the room was basic and not up to Disney standard in my opinion. Not that I spent much time there anyway. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall in the bathroom and the place looked like it hadn't been dusted in a while! oh and the door handle to the building enterance fell off one time! The buses to the park were great though.

Spent too much money as usual!! :rolleyes1

All in all an enjoyable trip! Not quite WDW and I much prefer Magic Kingdom to Disneyland Park but great for a magical Disney fix! :wizard:

We were there Monday and Tuesday and saw quiet a few random characters out. We didn't always stop for them as its too much with DD. We saw tigger and Eeyore both mornings in fantasyland, geppetto was around strangely just before the parade was starting at the parade. We did stop for Jessie at toy story play land. I think it's just being in the right place at the right time.

Welcome back :wave2:

Shame you didn't find Dopey - apart from seeing him in the parades we've only ever met him once on our first trip to WDW, he was the very first character we met after entering MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter