• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back, highs and lows of off site stay

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
We (DH and I) returned last night from 5 days at DLP staying in the Residhome Val D'Europe.

Highs:
Swing into Spring: I really love the idea of this festival. The decorations looked great and the extra live entertainment was also really good. I especially enjoyed Goofy's Garden Party, very catchy music and a nice show.

Ride wait times: Although the park did seem quite busy the ride wait times were not too bad. 15 minute wait for BTMRR at 7pm on our 1st day, 35 minute wait for Crush and Ratatouille at some points! I used the wait time feature on the official DLP app a lot to help us decide where to go next which also really helped (I am on 3 on my mobile so data comes off my usual package at no extra cost).

Recieving a room upgrade: We have stayed at the Residhome several times now. We always drive to DLP and like the Residhome as the room has a kitchen so we can take some of our own meals (this saves quite a bit of money!), plus being Dream AP holders we do not need a package as we already have entrance tickets so staying here is a lot cheaper and allows us to have several trips a year. We also like the fact it is literally 30 seconds to the train station and 2 1/2 minutes to the parks. We were upgraded to a larger apartment, we usually have a 4 person apartment but this trip we were given a room for 5. This gave us extra space and a seperate shower which was nice.

Food stalls in the village: These are a nice little addition for spring. I especially loved the macaroon stall!!

Guest behaviour: Whilst waiting for parades, Dreams etc many guests were happily chatting to oneanother and giving tips about things that had worked well for them that day. Also during Dreams, parades etc guests seemed to have good manners; no pushing or shoving, adults making sure little ones behind them could see etc. Also there were many British teenagers in the parks (guide/scout groups, many netball teams (I guess there was a competition on somewhere near) and some rugby groups. They were all very polite and well mannered. I also didn't notice as much smoking in the park as I have on previous trips.

Lows:
The weather on a few days: It rained on and off, although we had wet weather gear and did the indoor attractions so it did not bother us too much. It was also very windy, so much so that one day all the bins had to be placed on their sides in both parks.

Some guest behaviour in Salon Mickey: Those of you that have been into Salon Mickey will know that it is quite small. On 2 days when we went in a larger family group were in there; this was not an issue as they were only using the seats they needed. However, they allowed their children to use the place as their personal playground; running around, being loud, going up to other guests and using their table or even trying to take other peoples muffins/cookies etc. On another day there was a family having quite a loud heated discussion with the CM which made others in there feel uneasy.

Characters for lunch in Inventions: This was not really a low for us, but could be for families. We like to have lunch in Inventions before our long drive home. We go there as we like the food and relaxed atmosphere before getting in the car. This time we only saw 4 characters again: Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale - all of whom could be seen during early entry. Their interaction was good, but I do think there should be more characters, or characters that are not out during EE.

Overall we had a great trip, we managed to do the rides we enjoy many times and enjoyed the atmosphere in the parks a great deal. I am looking forward to our next trip; this will be a very different one with family (my SIL and 7 year old nephew who have been before and my BIL, 5 year old niece and 2 year old niece who are going for the 1st time).

Welcome back, sounds like you had a lovely time as the highs outweigh the lows. Great on getting a room upgrade :)

Welcome back sounds like another good trip. Shame about Salon Mickey, Macaroons - my favourite :)

I'm staying at the Residhome in August, a friend booked it so I was a bit sceptical as I've always stayed onsite, but it's great to know you're a returning guest there! How much is the train to DLP? We're having a couple of days in Paris before moving over to DLP so I don't suppose you know if theres a direct train or if we'll have to change at DLP?

Welcome back! Apart from in Salon Mickey, it's so nice to see guest behaviour listed as a high! :thumbsup2

I'm staying at the Residhome in August, a friend booked it so I was a bit sceptical as I've always stayed onsite, but it's great to know you're a returning guest there! How much is the train to DLP? We're having a couple of days in Paris before moving over to DLP so I don't suppose you know if theres a direct train or if we'll have to change at DLP?
We buy a carnet of 10 tickets at a time which costs just over 15 euros, so each train journey from Val D'Europe costs around 1.50 euros. The RER line that takes you to DLP from the centre of Paris is RER line A. Val D'Europe, where the Residhome is located, is just one stop before DLP on that line. It takes around 3 minutes from Val D'Europe to DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter