• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back-Here's where we ate!

allforpooh

DVC Member
Just back from a great trip, our first Magical Gatherings (12 of us) and we ate, ate and then ate some more.... :crazy:

Saturday 3/5-
Sci Fi Diner - Great Burgers and Shakes - the kids loved the atmosphere, we had eaten there in the past and wasn't impressed, but really enjoyed it this time.
Cape May Cafe - this one is off our list for good, (not trying to start a debate), the food was good (average), but the setup stinks and encouages rudeness. :sad2:

Sunday
Cinderalla's Breakfast - It was wonderfull we were all (12) seated together and our server David was the best...went out of his way to make it a magical morning. Everyone was impressed.... :wizard:
Boma's Dinner - Again a great place, food was great and several in our group had never eaten this type of food and they loved it. A few said it was their favorite of the trip. :cheer2:

Monday- no ps's this day
Breakfast at the Boardwalk - Per my dd11 the best cheese danishes....
Counter Service - MK - Columbia House - Pretty good

Tuesday
Akersheus - We ate here a few years ago and liked it, but we loved it this time- We really liked the new set up with the hot items. The Cod was my favorite on the hot side, and the Herring on the cold side..We tried just about everything. The hot portions are a little smaller so you can have several. We never had a problem with getting what we ordered quickly...

Wed
Rain day - stayed around the resort most of this day, but did venture out to try the Blue Zoo at the Dolphin - excellent - pricey - service was great - the pastry chef has won with the US world team the last 3 years and you could tell, the deserts were to die for...I had a chocolate cake baked with banana and fudge.

Thursday
Rose & Crown Lunch - Another one of our favorite's and it did not disappoint. Lunch menu limited but good.
Le Cellier Dinner -my favorite - I had the Filet with Rosoto - yum, yum - everyone really enjoyed their meals...

Friday -
Beaches and Creme Lunch - Great Burgers....

If anyone has any additional questions let me know.

Denise

Thanks for the review! We are looking forward to trying Boma and Restaurant Akershus when we are there in May! :cool1:

Glad you liked Akershus--it's been one of my favorites. I'm waiting to see what happens when it goes all-princess. I may not be back. :(

I feel like I shouldn't be this interested in what you ate....BUT I AM :) I am so excited about going to WDW and sampling lots of restraunts

What was it about Sci-Fi that you didn't like last time but that you liked this time? The food or the overall experience? I am torn as to whether or not we should try dining there. :confused3

For me it was the setup, its pretty dark in there and I am not a big old cartoon fan. This first time it was only the 4 of us and I didn't know what to expect, this time there were 12 of us in 2 cars sitting next to each other so it just seemed a little more fun. The food was very good both times, and you really need to try the milk shakes if you like them thick these give your cheeks a good work out.

Glad you had a good time, Thanks for the reviews. I stay at BCV and I am with ya on Cape May. ;)

Thanks for the review. Good to hear that you liked Sci-Fi. We are planning to eat there in December.

Cape May Cafe - this one is off our list for good, (not trying to start a debate), the food was good (average), but the setup stinks and encouages rudeness.

Uh oh! Please explain. We have a PS here in a few weeks and now I am concerned. I never start the problem but I will open my mouth if someone does something rude. Perhaps best to avoid the situation?

Who were the characters at CRT. THere has been much talk about them changing.

Just wondering what meal you were at for Cape May? We have a PS in a couple of weeks too for breakfast. We like the casualness and not busy for the characters.

About the Blue Zoo--
How did you guys "dress"? Was it crowded/noisy, or subtle and "romantic".
Lots of folks have these two questions about the Zoo, and your information would be very helpful!

I'd like to know about the Cape May also! I've never been there for breakfast, only the dinner buffet. The three time we've gone have all been fantastic.

Chris

berly1657,

We were there right around 5:30 and it was packed, there were people who would get 4 big bowls of the clams and mussels and empty the whole container. The chef was loading them all of the time but having a hard time keeping up. At one point I ordered some crab legs but it took so long I just cancelled them. I also didn't like waiting in lines each time I wanted more to eat.

Denise

Mady/Sophiemom,

CRT - Snow White, Aurora, Mary Poppins, Cinderalla

burly1657,
We were at the dinner...

Uncleromulus,

Blue Zoo was nice, we dressed in casual slacks, I had on capris and a nice shirt. The guys wore khakis and polo shirts. I only saw 1 person in jeans. The atmosphere is sutble and "romantic", there were alot of tables but spread out so it seemed very intimate. The service was excellent and the server was very knowledgeable on the different dishes...the espresso martini was also excellent....

allforpooh said:
Cape May Cafe - this one is off our list for good, (not trying to start a debate), the food was good (average), but the setup stinks and encouages rudeness. :sad2:

I couldn't agree with you more. I was so disappointed in our meal here in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter