• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back-Here's my dining reviews

kerry34

DIS Veteran
Had the dining plan and ate plenty of food with leftovers credits at the end that we used for the trip home. Dining plan was great for us and I would do it again in a second. It was so nice having everything paid for in advance and not having to worry about it. Here is where we ate:

Sunday night: Trail's End- had some trouble checking in here. CM insisted I had no ADR and was very rude about it. DH looked and lo and behold there was our name. Food was good, especially the fried chicken. Had an excellent server named Glenn who really played it up with the kids and even brought my DH a huge strawberry shortcake for his birthday.

Monday: Lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue- I had ribs and they were very tough and dry, not impressed with these. DH had a pork sandwich and liked it, kids had chicken which I thought was much better than the ribs, next time I would get that instead.

Dinner: Ohana's- food was delicious here and the only complaint is that it took a while for our meat to come out. We had a table right by the fire pits. I loved the potatoes especially and also the sticky wings. Everything was cooked good, hot, and other than the meat brought out promptly. The banana's foster was really good as well. I would definately eat here again.

Tuesday: Chef Mickey's Character breakfast- Food here was okay as far as buffet style breakfasts. Waffles were the big hit at my table, they were very good. They had a good variety of fruits that were very fresh as well and the kids ate alot of that too. Characters came around quite frequently and we were able to get a good amount of pictures as well. Had a great table in the very back of the restaurant with a fabulous view of the castle. For me that made the whole atmosphere so perfect.

Tuesday night: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party: we had a quick dinner at Starlight Rays. This is a family favorite. For counter service the portions are generous and tasty. Everyone had chicken.

Wednesday: counter service at Epcot in future world. Forget the name of the place but it was near innoventions. Had standard stuff here, burgers and fries.

Wednesday night: Liberty Tree Tavern- this was the only disappointment on the trip. Food was pretty lousy overall. Mac and cheese was okay, but the ham was so dry and the beef was nothing special to me. Didnt try the turkey. I also didnt care for the stuffing either. Dessert was pretty good and the character interaction was good as well. I wont be in a hurry to go back again though.

Thursday: we had a quick breakfast at Captain Cook's. Waffles were good but the eggs were gross. DH said he hadn't tasted eggs like that since he was in the Army.

Thursday night: Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose- had salad and flatbreads for appetizers. Salad we pretty good and the flatbreads were excellent. Kids had spagetti and ate all of it. We all had chicken parmesean and it was pretty good but the portion of spaghetti was small. We had chocolate truffles and tiramisu for dessert and that was very tasty. Overall we liked the restaurant and would consider eating there again.

Friday night: Dinner at MGM. I had the steak and potatoes. Pretty good overall. DH didnt like anything on the menu so he asked for a cheeseburger which he said was very good. Had onion rings for an appetizer and sundaes for dessert. Onion rings were very good but the ice cream sundaes were not the best. Overall if I were going to eat there again, it would be for lunch most likely.

Saturday night: LeCellier- this was the big rave of the trip. The food here was excellent. DH and I had the filet mignon and mashed potatoes. I had the Cheddar Cheese and bacon soup, that was sooo good. Desert was chocolate cake which was tasty as well. Was the best meal of the whole trip by far. Service was excellent as well.

Sunday night: Cinderellas Royal table- food here was pretty good. Service was adequate but nothing special. The waiter didn't have the best personality but was accomodating nonetheless. Had prime rib here which was pretty good, salad and pretzel bread at the beginning was excellent and the kids ate a good amount of that. DH had chicken breast and he said it was very good. Kids had pretzel dogs for dinner which they didnt care for. The hot dogs were very tiny and my son was still hungry afterward.

Overall, we had a good experience and never had any really bad service. I ate alot of steak but that is treat because we rarely eat it otherwise. We were always full after dinner and found that on many days we didnt want to eat lunch. Most mornings we had bagels and that was all until dinnertime. We had a bunch of counter service credits and snack credits left. More than enough food. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for posting. I agree with your opinion on LTT. This is one place that I think we will give a rest to for a few years. The turkey wasn't even carved, it was kind of a turkey roll-like thing when we were there.

Agree with you 100% about LeCellier. We're looking forward to going back to Ohana's. Haven't been in the past few years.

kerry34 said:
Friday night: Dinner at MGM. I had the steak and potatoes. Pretty good overall. DH didnt like anything on the menu so he asked for a cheeseburger which he said was very good. Had onion rings for an appetizer and sundaes for dessert. Onion rings were very good but the ice cream sundaes were not the best. Overall if I were going to eat there again, it would be for lunch most likely.
I'm guessing this was at the Prime Time?

I have what may be a silly question, I am a DVC owner so I have never
been able to use the Dining Plan, but am considering a trip without using
the DVC, What do you do with the leftover food credits, do they rollover
to your next trip or are they garbage. you said you used them for the
trip home, how did u do that?

Thanks for sharing your reviews. That's disappointing about Liberty Tree Tavern, as I was considering it for our next trip, but it doesn't sound that great. :rolleyes:

theflowerladee said:
I have what may be a silly question, I am a DVC owner so I have never
been able to use the Dining Plan, but am considering a trip without using
the DVC, What do you do with the leftover food credits, do they rollover
to your next trip or are they garbage. you said you used them for the
trip home, how did u do that?
Two things:
1) I'm pretty sure that Disney is getting ready to roll out the Dining Plan for DVC members - probably someone over on the DVC board could tell you more about that
2) The credits do not roll over. They stay good untiil midnight of the day you check out, but after that if you haven't used them, they're gone.

Thanks for the reports. Seems like you had a great trip. :Pinkbounc :banana:

LiteBrite said:
I'm guessing this was at the Prime Time?

OOPS!! Guess I forgot to mention what restaurant. :teeth: It was actually Sci-Fi dine in theater.

Also, to answer theflowerladee's question....we had counter service credits and snack credits left. For the counter service credits for example I got a sandwich, bag of doritos, a lemonade, and a piece of cake, then I got a package of grapes with my snack credit. We had roughly 3 credits in both categories, so we had two bags of stuff for the ride home. If you dont use them up they expire that night, so I made sure I got what I paid for before I left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter