just back, had some bad meals for the first time

disgal1

Mouseketeer
Oh you don't know how this pains me to say this, but this past trip had a few bumps along the food trail...

I tried 3 months ago to get my usual adr's, and had no luck, but wasn't too worried since we would be eating so much at the food and wine festival.

The biggest disappointment was the Concourse steakhouse, very expensive meal, and it was inedible, tasteless. HOw beef tenderloin can be tasteless is beyond me. My husband had a NY strip, it was so tough, he couldn't eat it.

The hamburger at Pecos bill was worse than Mcdonalds.

Wasn't impressed with the food at the Vero Beach resort either.

On the plus side, we had a great meal at Kona cafe for lunch, just wonderful,and a very nice breakfast at Olivia's at OKW.

We ended up eating a lot at the Land because we couldn't get in anywhere else, and everything there was good. I think the 7.95 adult breakfast platter was great, we shared it and it was plenty.

I have been going to WDW since it opened, and I can honestly say this year there has been a noticeable downturn in the quality of the food.
This just kills me, since we now go without kids, and food is one of the highlights of our trip!

We have our usual fave's coming up in DEC. and JAN, so hopefully things will be better.

The food and wine festival was terrific, but no beer tasting or tea tasting this year was a bummer.:confused:

My family has still not forgiven me for the Pecos Bill's lunch they were forced to eat 3 years ago.

Good reviews. Thank goodness I canceled my ADR at the Concourse Steakhouse. Previous reviews weren't making it look too promising. Thanks.

How was the land and what meals did you eat there.? I was wondering how they do the main meal and two sides......what do they consist of.......thanks

Any bad meals at Concourse Steakhouse have nothing to do with a recent downturn in quality...it's been pretty bad there for a decade at least! Thanks for the reviews...

Just crossed Concourse Steakhouse off the list then - thanks for the quick reviews :)

How was the land and what meals did you eat there.? I was wondering how they do the main meal and two sides......what do they consist of.......thanks

We really didn't pay too much attention, just kind of ordered what looked good at the time, and shared alot.

The mozerella/tomatoe salad was terrific, as was all the salads/sandwiches.
The chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots was really good also.

Wow, such mixed reviews!! I could swear that a month ago I read a bunch of great reviews regarding the steaks at Concourse, now it is getting bashed??

I am going to take a chance and keep our ADR. We like to check out the resorts on our trips to the World, and it will be fun no matter what....

that was the first email I wrote!

just wanted to spread the word to others so they can have more info on where to spend their money!

Of course! That is what these boards are about... sharing info and opinions! If DISers did not share this kind of stuff, what would these boards be about? Only positive reviews?

Thanks for the post!

Don't forget that any TS restaurant can have an off day. I had two lunches at Le Cellier last February. One was the best meal of the trip, and the other was the worst meal of the trip. The funny thing is, I ordered the same food for both meals! If I had only eaten the bad meal, I would have come back here bashing Le Cellier (and justifiably so), but having had the great meal the previous week, I just wrote it off as the restaurant having a bad day. I've had dozens of meals at the Concourse Steakhouse, and have only had a couple meals that were so-so. The rest were very good.

As far as CS meals go, I've found that it's better to go either right when they open, or when it's really busy. Getting a lukewarm burger or cold chicken strips is a bad experience whether it's at Pecos, Starlight Ray's or Electric Umbrella. Bleah! But if you get there and the food is fresh, it makes all the difference in the world.

The food and wine festival was terrific, but no beer tasting or tea tasting this year was a bummer.:confused:

There WAS a beer tasting by Sam Adams, just to the right of the American Pavillion. It was quite tasty! (and informative, too, of course;) )

Now see we loved our meal at Concourse back in April. It was one of the best meals we had. Maybe with the fact that it is closing soon maybe the staff has been reassigned so the quality has gone down or was it an offnight:confused3

I ate here in September and loved it. I had a pork chop and two sides. You get to choose from about 6 selections and I had mashed potatoes and rice. It was well worth the price!

Sorry it was not so great for you...the last few trips DH and I have been disappointed in dinner TS too so we decided to do alot of big TS breakfasts, snack for lunch and have a nice CS for dinner...it has been working out really well

For sharing and sorry about the bad meals.Did you tell server or mgr. about the bad food.Did they offer you anything else or take it off your check?If I can't eat it I am not going to pay for it.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

Thanks for sharing your experiences - guess this trip left a bad taste in your mouth, to say the least!:lmao:

I put off a visit to Concourse for a long time due to bad reviews here. Finally, in August, we went. There was a delay in seating with ADR's before FDP even started, and the hosting staff seemed inefficient and distracted, with many empty tables and no one getting folks seated in a timely fashion.

That said - the filet was good, tho they were trying to pass off some old bread and tomatoes as a Greek bread salad. Son's strip steak was fine - he liked it better than Yachtsman but less than Le Cellier's. And because they misunderstood DD's order, they made up a fresh bowl of Alfredo sauce.

And speaking of Alfredo - another place panned here in reviews that we found to be one of our too-late faves.

The "bad" meal we had was at San Angel.

It's so interesting to read everyone's experiences here. I like to take the reviews with a grain of salt and check the dining out for myself - but I do wish I'd seriously listened about San Angel!!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter