Just back...GAD fastpasses were TDF during school vacation week!

hygienejean

Diser since 2002!
Just thought I would let you all know how WONDERFUL the GAD fastpasses were. We walked on every FP ride, Did many twice and basically waited for nothing. I found it to be most worth it at DHS but it worked great in all parks. Many days we had fast passes left over so we paid it forward and gave it to park goers coming in to the parks.

We had a few vouchers and a large party. I did NOT expect this but we were able to get 15 FP with one voucher at 3 parks on 3 different days. We were very surprised! We did not ask at AK but we did this at Epcot, MK and DHS. I just went up to the window and told them how many people we had and said, "I know it is a long shot and I totally understand if you can't do it but we have 15 people with us....." The CM's at the WC window were wonderful, especially in Epcot at the WS entrance.

Haven't been on here in months........Can someone please tell me what a GAD pass is.....and how you were able to just ask for it at a window?....Thanks..

Haven't been on here in months........Can someone please tell me what a GAD pass is.....and how you were able to just ask for it at a window?....Thanks..

Hey Gina35-The GAD pass was part of a program that has ended. It was the Give a Day (of volunteer work) Get a Disney Day (you had a choice of a one day base park ticket, a one day FP option, or I believe a Mickey Ears hat with "special pins"). It is not something you can just ask for.

The program was such a success that MAYBE we will see it again. If you see it advertised, and want to participate, you must register. :dance3:

Just thought I would let you all know how WONDERFUL the GAD fastpasses were. We walked on every FP ride, Did many twice and basically waited for nothing. I found it to be most worth it at DHS but it worked great in all parks. Many days we had fast passes left over so we paid it forward and gave it to park goers coming in to the parks.

We had a few vouchers and a large party. I did NOT expect this but we were able to get 15 FP with one voucher at 3 parks on 3 different days. We were very surprised! We did not ask at AK but we did this at Epcot, MK and DHS. I just went up to the window and told them how many people we had and said, "I know it is a long shot and I totally understand if you can't do it but we have 15 people with us....." The CM's at the WC window were wonderful, especially in Epcot at the WS entrance.

yippeee:woohoo:

Hey Gina35-The GAD pass was part of a program that has ended. It was the Give a Day (of volunteer work) Get a Disney Day (you had a choice of a one day base park ticket, a one day FP option, or I believe a Mickey Ears hat with "special pins"). It is not something you can just ask for.

The program was such a success that MAYBE we will see it again. If you see it advertised, and want to participate, you must register. :dance3:

I vaguely remember hearing about it. I would be interested in volunteering if it is offered again, so thanks for the info.

We have 15 traveling down in less than 2 weeks. I'm hoping they will duplicate but will assume it will be 6 and can be hopeful for more. I'm pretty sure we're not going to the same parks on the same day every day though, so it would be at most 2 days.

We used one of ours at MK during Spring Break and it was wonderful! Heading back tomorrow and had a few questions since you used yours at different parks.

Do you remember what the ride groupings are that you could choose from in each park? Does each park have two groups of rides where you get 3 FPs per group?

Thanks for the help!

I'm glad to hear the Fastpasses were great! I'll be going to WDW in about a month, and since we already have our park tickets I was thinking of going with the FP option.

However, according to what I've read, Fastpasses are complimentary at Disney anyway. Does anyone know if the GAD Fastpasses different than the ones anyone can get at the park?

Thanks!

However, according to what I've read, Fastpasses are complimentary at Disney anyway. Does anyone know if the GAD Fastpasses different than the ones anyone can get at the park?

Thanks!

What differs is that you are limited to one fast pass with your park admission ticket at a time and when the fast passes are gone for a particular ride, you can't get any more. With the GAD FPs, you get them all with no restrictions on time and you can still get them even when regular FPs are gone which is a HUGE bonus on a busy day!

We used one of ours at MK during Spring Break and it was wonderful! Heading back tomorrow and had a few questions since you used yours at different parks.

Do you remember what the ride groupings are that you could choose from in each park? Does each park have two groups of rides where you get 3 FPs per group?

Thanks for the help!

Here is the list of rides at each park:

http://www.oinc.net/disney/fastpass.php#gad

I'm glad to hear the Fastpasses were great! I'll be going to WDW in about a month, and since we already have our park tickets I was thinking of going with the FP option.

Thanks!

Fastpasses are free at Disney, but you are limited in how many you can have at one time and when you can use them. Typically, once you get a FP with your park ticket, you can't get another one until either your FP window begins or it has been two hours since you got your first FP. Fastpasses also are not valid immediately - you may have to wait anywhere between 45 minutes to several hours before you can use a FP.

The GAD FP cards have several benefits. The first is that one voucher allows you to get FP cards for each member of your group (up to six people, perhaps more). So if you have four in your group and everyone has a GAD voucher, you can get FP cards for everyone in your group at each of the four parks (or however you want to do it). Also, GAD FPs are good immediately, so if you are at Toy Story Mania and want to ride it, you can get an instant FP. You can also get FPs even after the regular FPs are gone for the day. TSM or Soarin' FPs are known to run out frequently by early afternoon, but you can ride whenever you choose as long as you have credits left. You can also still get FPs with your park tickets.

For more info on the FP cards, read here:

http://www.oinc.net/disney/fastpass.php#gad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter