• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back fropm POP - any questions?

DisneyDadNY

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Just back from an 8 day stay at the POP Century - had an amazing time! We took off from MCO about 8:30 last night and it was approx 80 degrees give or take a few.......landed in Albany, NY 2.5 hours later and it was 12 degrees and snowing! :scared1:

It is now 9:30am and still snowing all though it is up to 18 degrees! This is not good after being spoiled with sunny 80 degree days and 60 degree nights for the past week.....

Will be happy to answer any questions. I have about 800 photos between my camera and photo pass so I may actually write up a little trip report on our experiences.

We were there when you were. Flew into Indy yesterday afternoon. Drove a couple hours north and were hit with a boatload of snow! What a welcome LOL! Had a great time though, couldn't have asked for better weather!

Did you happen to notice all the squad cars at POP Friday night? There had to be at least 6 of them. Any idea what was going on??

Hi there,

I did notice all the police and at the time they were there we were over at the Hippy Dippy Pool. It looked like they were looking for someone as they kept going into the restrooms by the bar. Other than that I never heard anything about why they were there.

I am trying to decide where to request a room, and, was wondering what you thought of the 60s building and the area around the pool. I have heard mixed reviews, some say it's way too loud, others say its lots of fun. Thoughts?

Hi,

I stayed in the 90's section (rooms 8154 and 8155) which are on the first floor facing the parking lot and it was dead quiet. It was not more than a couple minute walk across the parking lot to the buses/food court. Not much of a view but we spent very little time looking out the windows.

From the time we spent at the pool in the 60's section it did appear to be more "loud and fun" than where we were. It seemed the pool was always busy even very late at night.

While I have to assume you could hear a good amount of this in the room that face the pool I am sure the back side rooms are fairly quiet. Rooms on the first floors of the 60's section facing the pool seemed to have a ton of people constantly walking by them.

we are going again this time next year and have a few questions for you.

we have stayed at pofq and wl before and will make this trip on a budget and trying to figure out between this one and allstars.

we dont have any kids just 2 adults mid 30's. we dont mind kids but did you notice if there were "to many" of them and did it make it noisy?

also is it worth to upgrade your room or is a view of the lake in a good area?

also did it have a good theming. we love pofq but really hated wl. dont know why.

and finally, did they have good xmas decoration?

tks again

nick

we are going again this time next year and have a few questions for you.

we have stayed at pofq and wl before and will make this trip on a budget and trying to figure out between this one and allstars.

we dont have any kids just 2 adults mid 30's. we dont mind kids but did you notice if there were "to many" of them and did it make it noisy?

also is it worth to upgrade your room or is a view of the lake in a good area?

also did it have a good theming. we love pofq but really hated wl. dont know why.

and finally, did they have good xmas decoration?

tks again

nick

Nick,

One thing I like about the Pop is they have their own buses vs. the shared buses at the All-Stars. The entire week we were there I think the longest we ever waited for a bus was like 15 minutes.

There were a lot of families there but I did not get the feeling the place was over run with kids. I would advise you avoid the food court during prime eating hours and just after park closings as it can be a zoo!

We were in the 90's section and it was dead quiet pretty much all the time and the pool was never crowded.

The theming if bright and fun - especially for kids. A 4 story tall laptop greeted us every morning. There are some really good Pop Century picture threads on here that should give you a good idea of what the place looks like. I took a ton of pics and will be adding them soon.

I personally would not pay for or request a lake view. I think the lake is very nice but the abandoned Legendary Years resort across the lake would put a damper on it for me. It was very depressing to see those buildings every time we pulled into the resort.

The xmas decorations were pretty basic...a tree in the lobby, some wreathes and garland and an xmas music loop that could have used a few more songs! :)

Overall we really enjoyed the Pop and will be returning there for another week next October.

Hi,

I stayed in the 90's section (rooms 8154 and 8155) which are on the first floor facing the parking lot and it was dead quiet. It was not more than a couple minute walk across the parking lot to the buses/food court. Not much of a view but we spent very little time looking out the windows.

From the time we spent at the pool in the 60's section it did appear to be more "loud and fun" than where we were. It seemed the pool was always busy even very late at night.

While I have to assume you could hear a good amount of this in the room that face the pool I am sure the back side rooms are fairly quiet. Rooms on the first floors of the 60's section facing the pool seemed to have a ton of people constantly walking by them.

That is helpful. Thanks! I think DD8 really wants to be pooslide, 1st floor. Hmmm, will have to mull over whether it's worth it or not. :confused:

Hi there,

Glad to hear you guys liked your stay! We are headed there in hum... 41 days!!! EXCITED! I'm very happy to hear that 90's isn't far away from the bus stops/main area. My MIL has a disability with her legs. She walks by herself but is not that quick. We don't feel like paying the extra $$ for preferred.

Thanks again... can't wait!! :banana:

Any updates on the Legendary Years building? I heard a rumor that they were going to make family suites out of it but it sounds like not much has happened. Any rumors floating around when you were there?

Thanks!!

Any updates on the Legendary Years building? I heard a rumor that they were going to make family suites out of it but it sounds like not much has happened. Any rumors floating around when you were there?

Thanks!!

I have heard the same rumors but was not able to find out anything at all. I asked many of the CM's if they knew anything and was always told no.

The whole week I was there I did not see any evidence of anything at all going on over there. It was kind of depressing and very 'un Disney like' to see those buildings every time we returned to the resort.

Can you tell me how many buses you have to catch from POP to each park? I need to have an idea as to how long it is going to take from POP to each park so we'll know what time we need to leave each morning to get there by opening. Thanks!!

Hi,

We had amazing bus service the whole week we were there. We caught a bus each morning at around 8:15 and never waited more than 10-15 minutes. The only morning there was a big line was Wednesday when we were going to Animal Kingdom. The first bus pulled up and it was obvious they needed more and a second one pulled up next to it about 2 minutes later.

I did see some very long lines later in the morning, ~ 9:15-10:00am. When leaving parks we always made sure to leave about 30 minutes prior to closing and always got on the first bus that pulled up.

The only downside was in several of the parks (MK, AK, EPCOT) the Pop Century bus stop seemed to be one of the farthest away from the gate. MGM was better but the others were a bit of a walk.

After a long day in the parks I enjoy sitting down for an adult beverage. Do they have a lounge/bar area inside where we can sit? Any video or pinball type bar games?

Here at POP Century now thru Saturday......you left in time for the cool spell to hit. It was pretty chilly at the Parks on Sunday and Monday...I actually had to wear jeans and a sweatshirt/coat.

We are in the 60's building and a corner room at that. It hasn't been all the loud, even on Saturday night. My only complaint about my stay has been the attitudes of some of the Cast Members. I have noticed more of a "ho-hum" attitude about being friendly and service oriented than I have noticed in my prior visits (22 times in 15 years). Anyone else notice this?

The Chirstmas Decorations are top notch, as you would expect with Disney, and the entertainment at the Resorts, (Carolers, HandBell Choir, etc) puts you in the mood.

All in all, we are enjoying out trip here during the Christmas season.

mmaddog56

After a long day in the parks I enjoy sitting down for an adult beverage. Do they have a lounge/bar area inside where we can sit? Any video or pinball type bar games?

Hi - There is a lounge in the food court area. I believe it opens at 6:00pm each night. There is also Petals bar out by the Hippy Dippy Pool.

There is a separate arcade in Classic Hall and there may have been 1 or 2 table/arcade games near the lounge.

Hope that help!

Here at POP Century now thru Saturday......you left in time for the cool spell to hit. It was pretty chilly at the Parks on Sunday and Monday...I actually had to wear jeans and a sweatshirt/coat.

I heard the weather had gotten cooler right after I left on the 15th. I just got really lucky with the weather the week I was there! I did pay the price for it as when I landed in upstate NY Saturday night it was 12 degrees and snowing. :(

Enjoy your stay and I hope it warms up a bit!

We are planning at staying at the POP next year for Christmas...probably the 22nd-29th. My mom decided that it would be better since my 2 year old nephew is coming along for his first Disney trip. Is this a good resort for all ages?? What are the Christmas decorations like?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter