Just Back Fron The AKL

greenhornet

Grumpy
Hi everybody I got in last night from AKL from 12-16 overall rating 10 Ears Walt.

I have only really stayed at DL in the past so AKL was a first. It was all you could ask for and more. but just going by my self I would go back to DL oops PORS. I did find the hidden Mickey at Victoria Falls(with the help of a 9 year old) and on my first night about 3 am I heard a noise looked out the window and :earseek: there were Giraffes muching outside my window too cool. I don't like how far AKL is from everything ( just spoiled i guess PORS so close in comparson). I go down and plan on eating cheap and the food court at AKL does not have the verity. Glad i stayed there.

11/12 went to Pleasure Island not a lot of people there Frankie and the west side boy were very good. I was able to pick out the lead singers girlfriend or what ever she was. had a couple of wild ones there which pumped up the crowd a little more. I miss the Wild Horse (Red Neck at heart) Comedy club was good.

11/13 Epcot I got there about 10:00 Test Track singles line was great walked right up Stand by was 35 min. got in ride was going great Till The great Rains hit so i go a little purple ticket and a back stage look of test track they were doing some construction on the ride. later on not using purple ticket was in my car advanced foward and the ride broke again. So now i have two purple tickets. Did the race car game and space was comming along wait there was no work going on? The Wine and food expo rules. TOD and Ilumanations was so cool I had never seen either one before. All the nasty rumors about can now stop. Both are still going strong

11/14 MGM spent the whole day there R&R coaster was great as alway was on a times longest wait was 15 min. TOT wet on 6 times never waited and never used a fast pass. crowds were very light it was raining. Longest wait was Star Wars. Fantasmic was out of this world. It was windy and the people sitting up fron to the right got so so so wet LOL. I choose to stand up towad the top and i still got a little wet.

11/15 Magic Kingdom Space Mountian rocked as always no line Fast Pass was not needed. Saw the new parade was really cool wish I was a kid so i could get involved in the parade. it was funny watching kids not wanting to go back to there parents. They really need to do somthing about the smell of the water on Splash Mountian and Pirates of the Carribean. The Haunted Manison stopped all 4 times i was on the ride. This seemes to be happening everytime i've been on ride. COP RIP :( .

11/16 LAST DAY MK & Epcot kinda did both parks and last min. shopping. Package pickup MK sucks lost stuff found it 2 hr late still behind the counter at store with my little purple tickets in hand got to fast track and BAM CLOSED some kind of problems. So now I have two free ride tickets for TEST TRACK.

Over all had a wonderful time only thing i would change is I would go back to PORS if i go as a single again. When i do the honeymoon thing Anamial Kingdom Lodge would be my first pick hands down. I would also try to fly out on a day that there are no plane crashes anywhere. I'm not a person that is afrade to fly but it kinda unsettled me. The gate worker did notice that i seemed uncomfortable and i told her why. Her words of widsom helped me a little bit. " The odds of two planes going down on the same day are very slim. She also pointed out that Sept. 11 the planes were crashed on purpoes by some nut. Flying home. Atlanta had know Idea that was going on Check-in person told me about it. no problem.

the food courts at the resorts are awesome......we have liked them all too.......I do love test track too except when I am on the inside turn stuck on the side........thanks again for the report.......I too am scared to fly....but it is the only way to go to Florida from Maine.......

You never got to ride Test Track? We have been wanting to ride, but I hear stories about the lines. Am going next week so will have to see.

Jenn

Thanks for the report. We stayed at the AKL last trip and also were less-than-thrilled with the Mara. I just wish there was more variety or something! The place looks so nice and everything, and it is very nice how they bring you your food, but there isn't enough to choose from. That's why I'm looking forward to Coronado Springs in January. *Great* food court!

Beth

It sounds like you had a great vacation! Welcome home! I really enjoyed your trip report, Greenhornet.

So you have two front of the line passes all ready for your next trip? They don't expire do they?

I enjoyed reading about your trip, thanks for posting this.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter