• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from YC

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
Thank you to all of you who have helped me with trip planning questions. We had a wonderful trip! I'd be glad to reciprocate if anyone has questions.

We checked in about 12:30 PM. One of our connecting rooms was ready. We booked two std view rooms,got a great meeting rate. I did not make any room requests. When we opened the door to teh room,I couldn't believe it. It was a waterview room overlooking the gazebo,with a dead-on view of the lake and Boardwalk. Such a beautiful location! Major pixie dust there and a great start to our trip. We had rooms 4133 and 4135.

The rooms were in excellent condition and mousekeeping did a fine job.

The YC is such a beautiful resort. we loved the decor. The lobby is very quiet,which we found soothing,especially after a day in the parks. I thought the BC was a much busier place.

It is not stuffy. And it is very kid-friendly. Our 2nd night a CM brought ballons and an autographed character picture to our room for the girls!

SAB was crowded by midafternoon daily,but was not at capacity.
There were lots of very pristine towels sitting on chairs all day,but we were able to find chairs daily with no problem.Wristbands were issued and checked. Those without wristbands were approached by the lifeguards. That said,I asked the lifeguard one morning if my brother who lives in Orlando was allowed at the quiet pool that evening with me. She said as a resort guest(me) he could come to SAB with us and gave him a wristband later that day. I do not advocate pool hopping and its abuses. But it seems when not at capacity this is at the lifeguards discretion.

For those of you who have not been to SAB before-beware! Your kids may like it as much or more than the parks. So be sure to allow some days away from the parks to relax and enjoy the reort.

The parks were crowded,very crowded by midday. We went there for teh morning opening and using FP's and info from the unofficial guide,had minimal or no lines,and really enjoyed it. By lunchtime or shortly after we left,took naps,then went back about 5PM and did a few more things with FP's or less-crowded attractions. Evenings were still very crowded however. I think its best to tour the parks a little more slowly in order to appreciate all the beautiful little details you would miss if you rushed around. Like having a MIckey bar and watching the castle turn colors!

Thanks again for helping me with a most memorable trip. I'm happy to answer any questions.

HAHAHA!! This is almost too funny, we just flew home today (6/21-7/1/03) too, we were directly across from you (room 4089 -10 Nights) over looking the wedding gazebo (saw several weddings). The only thing I wished was that there was a switch for the light outside the balcony - would have liked to leave the door open at night but we the bugs flying around the light...
I agree 100% with everything you said, it is'nt stuffy and the CMs was wonderful.

Ed
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi neighbor! Fortunately we didn't have a light on the balcony-I HATE bugs!

we are staying at the YC 7/29 - 8/6. stayed BC Last May 10 days and our room was 3 hallways from elevator. I have booked SV at the YC but don't want to be again so far from the elevator but not too close either. is there only one elevator at the YC also? how were the crowds? first week of May is when we usually stay and there are never any lines to speak of. just wondering what to expect for this time of year. thanks.

Originally posted by j3mom
. is there only one elevator at the YC also? how were the crowds? thanks.

There are 2 elevator areas at YC. The main one is 4 elevators just off the main lobby. The second one is one elevator down the end kind of near the quiet pool. No matter what, there are long hallways to walk at the YC.

Glad you had a fantastic trip!

I was just wondering what you guys did for food...like quick snacks.....did you always go to the boardwalk...or stick with B&C and HH's....

that was only drawback to these two resorts - no "quick" service for refillable mugs or snacks. have stayed at Poly and that was never a problem with our 3 trips there. that is why i asked about elevators. with kids 12, 14, 16 they always thought too far to go and get a soda.

j3mom: there are elevators near the lobby and then farther down nearer the duiet pool and far end of the buildings. If you want to be near the lobby you should request it as it is a long walk otherwise. Regarding crowds- it was very crowded when we were there,but manageable by going early,leaving at lunch then returning in evening. In the evening it was still crowded however and we only did FP's for the most part to avoid lines. For example,at 8 PM the standby waits for Buzz and Space were between 90 and 120 minutes. Even during the evening parade,when lines were supposed to clear a little,the lines were long. My understanding is that JUly and August are extremely crowded,more so than late June,which will require some planning on your part. We selected a few key attractions that were must-sees and did them. Anything else I considered a bonus.

boston-yachter: For quick food we did HH and B&C which were fine and more convenient than going to boardwalk. There is also coffee and continental breakfast in the AM's in the Ale and Compass lounge off the lobby. We did quick food for lunch and dinners on non-park days we went to the boardwalk. Will post reviews on the restaurant board eventually but we really liked Spoodles andPalio at the Swan. We went to Big River Brewery for dinner and it was AWFUL. One of the worst meals we've EVER eaten. Stay away from that place! It was very pleasant to stroll the boardwalk after dinner.

We used the mugs for AM coffee,at meals at HH and B & C and at the pool. Did not go from the room to HH for a refill,too far a walk and we had rented a refigeratorm for waters and juices.

Did you use the bus or your car in going to MK and AK? I've heard bad reports on bus service from YC, and just wondered what your experience was. Thanks.

Did not go to AKL.
Buses to MK ran avery 15 minutes or so,and it took about 20 minutes at the most to get there. We thought it was easy to get to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter