• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from WL!

cinderellasmom

Earning My Ears
We've just returned from 8 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. It is our new favorite resort! We loved the atmosphere. Was worried about our view but when we arrived we decided we would like a room that overlooked the lobby. A great decision as there was a lovely sitting area with fireplace right outside our room:banana: Any questions, feel free to ask:goodvibes

Which view category were you originally in? What did you change to?

We love that little sitting area...it is so calming and relaxing. Perfect setting for a day running around the parks.

This is my favorite deluxe. It was also my first deluxe stay when my DD was 8 months. I remember walking around at 2:00am the resort, finding a chair to sit and rock her back to sleep. One night, one of the CM even warmed me a bottle for her. Wish I was there now.

We just got back last pm from a 6 night stay! We love WL as well!

Our youngest DS will be 3 in a couple of months then we will need 2 rooms or a deluxe room. Kinda sad :sad2:

We are staying her for the first time in Feb. We can't wait!. It's so good to hear wonderful things.

We love WL. We stayed in the villas and loved it. I thought that we wouldn't like it as much as the Yacht Club, but after staying there, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Were there any Christmas decoration up yet? We will be there Sunday and were hoping to see some up.:santa:

We are staying there for the 1st time in January...we can't wait!!! I have a question for you...what size coffee pots are in the rooms? They usually have the kind of filters than include the hotel coffee...we are bringing our own coffee, so do we need to bring our own filters? And if so...what size? TIA:flower3:

We've just returned from 8 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. It is our new favorite resort! We loved the atmosphere. Was worried about our view but when we arrived we decided we would like a room that overlooked the lobby. A great decision as there was a lovely sitting area with fireplace right outside our room:banana: Any questions, feel free to ask:goodvibes

Can I ask what room # you had? I too am concerned about the whole view issue. We are booked at a standard but I may call & change it. Thanks!

As for the coffee filters, they take a small 4 inch round filter. I found them at the grocery store.

We originally booked a standard room with AAA discount. After applying several codes, my confirmation came and said Woods view. After they showed me the room location when I checked in I asked if I could have a lobby view. I believe those rooms are standard rooms. Our view out the window was of some sort of garage, and some trees. It wasn't a spectacular view, but we loved being in the lobby area. We were in room 4090, the front corner of lodge, no room above us.:goodvibes

My family of four his headed to the Wilderness Lodge in 9 days. My kids, 11 and 8, were asking if it is warm enough to swim? I did read the pools are heated, but how is the weather when they are getting out the pool?

Also, can you share in wisdoms on the WL that may help in our efforts of maximizing our Disney magic?

Thanks

Frank

Can't wait for our first stay at the WL in March. Actually it's our first disney vacation. It's sounds like the perfect resort for my family.

As for the coffee filters, they take a small 4 inch round filter. I found them at the grocery store.

Thanks for the info...so I assume it is a small coffee pot, not a full size.

I can't remember if they make 2 cups or 4, but they are defiantely not full size pots. I am not a coffee drinker so I can't remember the markings on the pot. Personally, I'd take my own coffe and filters- this way you'll be sure to have what you like. Have a great trip!

Can't wait for our first stay at the WL in March. Actually it's our first disney vacation. It's sounds like the perfect resort for my family.

This is the onlt place I want to stay. I can't imagine being at any other resort. I don't think you'll be disappointed. There are lots of great places to take pictures. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter