Just Back from Windsor Hills. Loved It!

ceburto2

Mouseketeer
My wife, 2 sons (2yo and 4yo) and SIL stayed 12 nights in 3 bedroom townhouse in Windsor Hills. First time off site. So convenient to the parks. On a clear day, you can see the top of the Tree of Life when you turn out of the complex onto Old Lake Wilson Road. The small pool on the lanai was just right for our family and a welcome diversion for the little ones.

Any questions, please PM or reply here.

-ceburto2

Great to here you had a wonderful time.... may I ask who you booked your windsor hills townhouse with..many thanks

we are staying 7 days at the end of oct. first time for us too and really looking forward to it

We leave for Windsor Hills (and WDW) in 6 days. We also have a townhouse. We've stayed at Sheraton Vistana the last two years. I can't wait to stay at WH and also have our own pool.

Glad to hear you liked Windsor Hills. We are staying there in Nov. It is our first visit ti DW. I have a few questions...

1. With young kids in tow, how did structure your days? Did you take them back to the house for naps in the p.m., go the parks late or leave early or just tough it out all day?

2. How long did it take you to get from house to entrance at parks?

3. Did you have dinner reservations at night at the parks? We have reservations for 3 days and I'm trying to figure out if that structures our day too much without leaving a lot of flexibility to deal with tired kids.

Thanks for any information.

Welcome to DIS! It seems like yesterday when I first started posting, asking questions, and being all nervous about how it would be! Now, 6 or 7 trips and 3 years later, I feel like an old pro (though there are others much more knowledgable than I).

On our 1st trip, kids were 4 and just under 2. It was AWESOME. On the first 2 or 3 trips (till kids were 5 and 3), we napped pretty religiously every day. We'd get up early and get to the parks around open (we're mostly early risers), then ride as much by 11 a.m. as most folks do all day because lines are low early in the a.m. We'd typically eat around 11 and do one or two more quick rides (including a FP that we'd always get before lunch for a popular ride) before going back for a nap around 12:30. We'd get from ANY park to the condo at WH by 1 - INCLUDING walking (or tramming) from the park to the car, plus the drive. Usually it was more like 15 minutes. The actual drive itself is under 10 from any park. We'd nap from 1:15 till about 3:15 (or later, if we're lucky). We'd then get up and eat dinner (most nights) at the condo before heading back to the park in the evening. Most nights we end up back at MK for Wishes regardless of which park we started at (hopper is a must for us - well - actually we do AP's now). If we have dinner ressies, we would flex our day a little to accomodate, but don't have much problem. Even back then - if we had a ressie and kids had to skip a nap on a day or two, then we'd do the ressie and go back to the condo early in the evening and just call it an early to bed night.

Don't hesitate to ask all the questions you want! It will make it SUCH a more enjoyable trip for you!!!! Also PM folks if you find someone who gives good info. They'll frequently share little tricks-o-the-trade that they don't like to post in the main rooms! ;)

Glad to hear you liked Windsor Hills. We are staying there in Nov. It is our first visit ti DW. I have a few questions...

1. With young kids in tow, how did structure your days? Did you take them back to the house for naps in the p.m., go the parks late or leave early or just tough it out all day?

2. How long did it take you to get from house to entrance at parks?

3. Did you have dinner reservations at night at the parks? We have reservations for 3 days and I'm trying to figure out if that structures our day too much without leaving a lot of flexibility to deal with tired kids.

Thanks for any information.
I can answer a couple of your questions. We stayed there last Nov with 4 grandkids ( 2 - 4 yrs) (and their parents). :laughing:
Some days we came back for naps and some days we stayed at the parks. Since they got up fairly early we got to the parks for openings. Sometimes we came back around 1pm for a rest/swim and returned to parks around 4:30 or so.
MK takes the longest. You need to plan on 45 min if you want to get there for rope drop so you can see the characters. 30 minutes is ok from door to gate.
AK is the closest using the Sherberth shortcut, about 5 - 7 minutes.
Epcot and DHS are around 10-15 min.
We made sure that we were finished when the kids got snarly. They liked the pool at the house for a break. The days that you have reservations you might want to take a break in the afternoon and go back later for dinner.

Glad you had a great trip!!
We will be staying at WH in december, for the first time.

Where did you do your grocery shopping?
Did your kids enjoy the playground?
Our girls will be almost 2 & 4 when we visit, and my oldest cant' wait to get to the playground,lol.

Thanks!

We will be renting Story Time#3 next year. How did you like the condo? Any structural problems with the condo? Does it offer a lot of daily necessities; towels, kitchen utensils? Any specials requests from the owner before you exit the condo? Do they provide any info on surrounding restaurants? How were the mattresses? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hooked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter