Just back from Wilderness Lodge

ctjsowens

Mouseketeer
Just got in from the 8hr drive home from WL and thought I would share a few things. WL was great as usual! No problems with buses with the exception of going to Downtown Dis one night. Little longer than usual wait. Boat trans. was real good. Seemed like they had more boats than usual. Did online check in and got my requests.
The parks were fairly crowded but wouldnt unbearable. The heat started out ok but the last couple of days we were there it was really HOT! Someone before we left on the 16th had started a thread on the rides and attractions not being as cool. We noticed it too. It wasnt hot but it wasnt the usual ice box inside the attractions either.
This was a real good trip and we're all sad to be at home but we can start planning for another trip in two more years. Any questions just ask.

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Did you do any table service? Were the restaurants still "ice box" cool, or should I leave my sweater at home in September?

Sounds like you had a nice trip. I can't wait someday I want to stay there.

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great trip! :thumbsup2 WL is at the top of my resort wish-list. How were the rooms? Were they in good shape or needing a rehab? I don't remember reading when they were last updated.

SO glad your trip was awesome. We leave in 39 for the WLV and we can't wait. We have some amazing ADR's, hoping all will go smoothly. Can you tell us, how long was it to get the boat and take a monorail to say Poly? Just wondering how long to allot for travel.

Thanks so much!

WE head to WL for our 1st time at the end of August. So looking forward to it. Did you do any resort activities? What would recommend as a "must do" while we are at the resort?

Thanks and glad to hear that our trip was great.

WE head to WL for our 1st time at the end of August. So looking forward to it. Did you do any resort activities? What would recommend as a "must do" while we are at the resort?

Thanks and glad to hear that our trip was great.

Congrats on your first trip to the WL in a few weeks. Last August was our first time there, and we loved it. The WCC restaurant is a fun experience if your kids are young. There is a cs restaurant there that has an area where the kids frost their own cookies, a big hit if they are young. Of course hanging out at the pool for a mid day break from the park is a must do. At night the electric parade will pass the resort and you can watch that right from the resort.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip! We are checking into the WL in a few weeks (it is our favorite!) and can't wait. :)

We too are heading to WL in Sept, and are looking forward to our first stay there!:cool1:

We will be arriving for our first stay at the WL on 7/20. How crowded was the pool in the afternoons? It looks like the WL pool is not that big, and I know we will need afternoon pool breaks. Any other WL newbie advice is welcome as well.
We are so excited! :banana: :dance3:

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great trip! :thumbsup2 WL is at the top of my resort wish-list. How were the rooms? Were they in good shape or needing a rehab? I don't remember reading when they were last updated.

The WL was updated in Spring 2006. There are flat screened tv's in all the rooms and the beds and bedding have been changed. I stayed there for the first time right after the rehab. The missionary-styled furnishings are gone. The rooms look exquisite and very cozy in my opinion.:woohoo:

Glad to hear you had a great trip to the lodge. We will be there in December. No better resort to get you in the Christmas mood than the WL!!:banana:

Wilderness Lodge has the BEST theming for Christmas. We are heading down at the end of August for our second stay there and hopefully one year, we will stay there at Christmas.

Just got in from the 8hr drive home from WL and thought I would share a few things. WL was great as usual! No problems with buses with the exception of going to Downtown Dis one night. Little longer than usual wait. Boat trans. was real good. Seemed like they had more boats than usual. Did online check in and got my requests.
The parks were fairly crowded but wouldnt unbearable. The heat started out ok but the last couple of days we were there it was really HOT! Someone before we left on the 16th had started a thread on the rides and attractions not being as cool. We noticed it too. It wasnt hot but it wasnt the usual ice box inside the attractions either.
This was a real good trip and we're all sad to be at home but we can start planning for another trip in two more years. Any questions just ask.

Did you stay CL? Has anyone stayed CL lately? It's our first trip to WL, I'm very curious.

So glad to hear ++++ comments about a recent visit! We will be there in about 18 hrs!!!
Jill

We are booked for WL in late august. I would love it if you could write about your room, what view did you have, did you have a balcony or was it patio? Also, did you put your kids in the cub's den? How was that? What kind of grocery items does the mercantile sell? How was WCC for breakfast? Is there coffee in the room? How was the shower pressure? Did you get bunkbeds? How is the A/C in the room?
Thanks

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. Well let me try to answer all these questions. First none of the restaurants or anywhere that was icebox cold. Believe you could leave the sweaters at home. Our room was a courtyard view with bunks. While we did go out on the balcony some we wouldnt pay extra for it in the future. Just didnt use it enough. Our room looked great. No wear and tear that we could see. Believe the rooms went thru a complete renovation about 3 yrs ago. The pools were fairly crowded in the afternoon but not shoulder to shoulder crowded. We didnt use the Cubs Den childrens activities. Children was with us all the time. Make sure that you rent the Sea Racers! Daughter was able to drive this time and really loved it.

We are booked for WL in late august. I would love it if you could write about your room, what view did you have, did you have a balcony or was it patio? Also, did you put your kids in the cub's den? How was that? What kind of grocery items does the mercantile sell? How was WCC for breakfast? Is there coffee in the room? How was the shower pressure? Did you get bunkbeds? How is the A/C in the room?
Thanks

The mercantile sells a little of everything but I would strongly suggest going outside and buying any grocerys if you have your vehicle with you. Didnt do WCC at breakfast but did it for dinner and it was real good! Yes there was coffee in the room. Shower pressure was good and the A/C would freeze you out of the room. The thermostats at WL arent the programmable kind that have the motion sensor.

We will be arriving for our first stay at the WL on 7/20. How crowded was the pool in the afternoons? It looks like the WL pool is not that big, and I know we will need afternoon pool breaks. Any other WL newbie advice is welcome as well.
We are so excited! :banana: :dance3:

We will be there then too.
The pools last year were crowded, but not so crowded that you were uncomfortable. I think WL pool is a little small for the resort size but it could be all of the guests from FW that had made their way over to the WL pool the days that I was down there.
This year really hoping to check out the pool bar as well.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter