Just back from WDW - Flu bug got us!

lflax

We went, we loved it, we are going back!!
We just returned from WDW last weekend. We had a great time. Unfortunately, soon after returning home DS and I both were hit by a flu bug!

We don't know if we just pushed it too hard on our trip and had ourselves run down, or what. I know we were experiencing some past-trip depression, but this was the full blown (yuck!!) flu!!! :sick:

Has anyone else had this experience?? I guess I would have expected this more so during traditional "cold and flu" season, but have not had this happen on a summer trip.

So sorry to hear that! We just got back last week, and none of us are sick. Did you both take the Flu shots? We did. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks!! I think we have the worst of it behind us!!

No, we don't typically get flu shots. We thought about getting them before our December trip a few years back, but did not. We just tried to eat more fruits and vegetables, vitamin C, etc.

I guess I just did not think it would be a problem this time of year - next time I'll know better!!

Hope your trip was awesome!!

Sorry you got sick. I came down with a bad cold after our WDW a few years ago so this time I am also trying to take in a lot of Vitamin C before we go. I think I got mine from the plan though. Not fun to be sick on vacation.

we just came back and we made sure to wash our hands and use purell after EVERY ride...we sprayed down our room with lysol after we checked in and came back fine.We really did step up the hand washing a lot...even right before we ate every time.

Oh great! We are on our way right now! Guess I should stop before we get there and stock up on the hand gel. Thanks for the heads up.

Might be the flu, might just be a cold. But H1n1 is still rampant ( despite disappearing from media popularity).We just had 15 new cases in our hospital this week.Just take the usual precautions.Not much else to be done.

we just came back and we made sure to wash our hands and use purell after EVERY ride...we sprayed down our room with lysol after we checked in and came back fine.We really did step up the hand washing a lot...even right before we ate every time.[/QUOTE

This was us too. We just got back ourselves and I got so many "wow good thinking" comments everytime we got off a ride and everyone in the family held out their hand for "magic soap" aka hand sanitizer :).

We just returned from WDW last weekend. We had a great time. Unfortunately, soon after returning home DS and I both were hit by a flu bug!

We don't know if we just pushed it too hard on our trip and had ourselves run down, or what. I know we were experiencing some past-trip depression, but this was the full blown (yuck!!) flu!!! :sick:

Has anyone else had this experience?? I guess I would have expected this more so during traditional "cold and flu" season, but have not had this happen on a summer trip.

Did it rain a lot when you were there? If so, you can probably attribute being wet and walking around all day to being sick. That happened once to my family when on another vacation. Hope you feel better soon!

I returned from Disney yesterday and caught the flu while i was there. I became sick the last night of our vacation and have not felt well since. Hope you feel better!

I've been sick a few times in Disney.

Honeymoon I got some sort of bug and couldn't eat for about a week.
Last year, my wife I got sick after having a drink at the Tambu Lounge. That was REALLY bad. My wife only had it for a day. I couldn't eat a thing for the rest of the week.
Another time I got sick from a drink I had at All Star Movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter