Just back from WBPC Repo, great time but...

We were also on this crew on deck 2. Our host was Greyson who was really good. We also and Lavendra & Melchor for first service and were very pleased with their service.
My biggest complaint for the cruise was the entertainment.
1) No Golden Mickeys
2) No crew talent show
3)No Disney guest lecturer
4) Only 4 classic movies for 9 sea days
5) No Galley tours
6) No WD Theater tours
7) No character breakfast
8) No more lunch at parrot cay
This was our 4th panama crossing and they seem to be taking away things with each one. I don't know if I will do panama again for awhile until they change some things up.

#3. No guest lecturer! I would be very disappointed. Not something I imagine I would ever say about DCL.

We were also on this crew on deck 2. Our host was Greyson who was really good. We also and Lavendra & Melchor for first service and were very pleased with their service.
1) No Golden Mickeys
2) No crew talent show
5) No Galley tours
6) No WD Theater tours
This was our 4th panama crossing and they seem to be taking away things with each one. I don't know if I will do panama again for awhile until they change some things up.

No Galley tour was probably due to the Noro outbreak on the cruise before yours. I for one would be glad people weren't allowed in the areas after the outbreak.

1) No Golden Mickeys
2) No crew talent show
5) No Galley tours
6) No WD Theater tours

My understanding is that there was no crew talent show as a lot of that show includes close interaction with guests so, due to the noro outbreak on the cruise before it was decided to cancel it. I am guessing that is also why there were no galley tours.

Was there no lunch at Parrot Cay on any day of the cruise? Again, I wonder if this was due to the noro and limiting the number of places that had to have the extra/deep cleaning?

To me, the lack of character breakfast is no great loss - the last one was so rushed, we might as well have not had visits from the characters.

We didn't have the theater tours on the PC cruise last year, as far as I'm aware. I wonder if it is only done on certain itineraries - or has been discontinued.

As far as the movies are concerned, you only had 4 movies? Or only 4 classics? I do think they tend to focus on the newer releases as that's what people tend to want to see. We had a load of old movies (one each morning) on the WBPC in 2015.

By guest lecturer, do you mean a Disney employee? Or Captain Puckett - it was my understanding that he was still on board doing his PC talks.

Last edited:
1) No Golden Mickeys
2) No crew talent show
5) No Galley tours
6) No WD Theater tours

You must have been near us 2506 as we also had Greyson. We were very happy with him.
They did have crew talent show sortof, crew member doing magic tricks .
Would have been no galley tours probably due to Noro on the prior cruide.

You must have been near us 2506 as we also had Greyson. We were very happy with him.
They did have crew talent show sortof, crew member doing magic tricks .
Would have been no galley tours probably due to Noro on the prior cruide.
We were 2502. So yes, down the hall.

My understanding is that there was no crew talent show as a lot of that show includes close interaction with guests so, due to the noro outbreak on the cruise before it was decided to cancel it. I am guessing that is also why there were no galley tours.

Was there no lunch at Parrot Cay on any day of the cruise? Again, I wonder if this was due to the noro and limiting the number of places that had to have the extra/deep cleaning?

To me, the lack of character breakfast is no great loss - the last one was so rushed, we might as well have not had visits from the characters.

We didn't have the theater tours on the PC cruise last year, as far as I'm aware. I wonder if it is only done on certain itineraries - or has been discontinued.

As far as the movies are concerned, you only had 4 movies? Or only 4 classics? I do think they tend to focus on the newer releases as that's what people tend to want to see. We had a load of old movies (one each morning) on the WBPC in 2015.

By guest lecturer, do you mean a Disney employee? Or Captain Puckett - it was my understanding that he was still on board doing his PC talks.
I understood about no galley tours but they also had no WD theater tour of which we had on last Nov. panama. They did have lunch sort of at Parrot Cay on embarkation day. But since we were so late in boarding it was open only an hour or so from 2:30 on. I asked about why no lunch at Parrot Cay anymore. They said that too many were asking for a late breakfast so they kept it open for breakfast only until noon. Not too many inside at that hour when I looked in. I hope they reconsider since BBB was pretty crowded for lunch.
No loss on character breakfast. I only mentioned because it was just one more thing that was missing.
The Theater tour was included on the Nov panama crossing.
Yes, I was talking about only 4 classics. We love the classics. On past Panama crossings they had a different one each sea day, which was a highlight for us. Last Nov Panama they only had Star Wars & 1 classic, singing in the rain. So I think this is becoming a trend, which makes me sad.
As for the Guest Lecturer, I am talking about a Disney employee. Last Nov, was Stacia Martin. That was the highlight of the trip. Big loss not having one on this one.
They did have a crew Cabaret one night in place of the talent show. The difference being, the cabaret was put on by only the stage crew members. It ended up being a musical about a girl running away to NYC and then her family following her to bring her home. I'm not sure exactly what the plot line was supposed to be. The music was unfamiliar to me. I didn't like it at all.
The difference being that the crew talent show highlights the talents of just ordinary crew members. It was fun seeing crew members that you have interacted with being on stage. Dwayne from the pool deck was a highlight for me one year. I just missed that much more than this cabaret they put together.

1) No Golden Mickeys
2) No crew talent show
5) No Galley tours
6) No WD Theater tours
We did have a character breakfast, you had to sign up for it at Wavebands on day 1, but it was very slow, we left before all the characters came around. And I agree with you about the lack of entertainment, Liverpool Legends for two nights, come on!

We did have a character breakfast, you had to sign up for it at Wavebands on day 1, but it was very slow, we left before all the characters came around. And I agree with you about the lack of entertainment, Liverpool Legends for two nights, come on!
I didn't even know about the character breakfast. Wasn't in the navigator. Didn't hear about sign ups. Talked with guest services day 1 about sign ups. They just told me no tours to sign up for. Didn't mention breakfast at all.
Yes 2 nights of LL was too much. We saw them just last Nov. The worst though was Mark & Rodi. We did not think that was appropriate for children. She reminded me of a pole dancer. Lots of people walked out of them.
I will give an A+ to Kissy Simmons. She was my favorite broadway performer from all the panama cruises I have been on.

I didn't even know about the character breakfast. Wasn't in the navigator. Didn't hear about sign ups. Talked with guest services day 1 about sign ups. They just told me no tours to sign up for. Didn't mention breakfast at all.
Yes 2 nights of LL was too much. We saw them just last Nov. The worst though was Mark & Rodi. We did not think that was appropriate for children. She reminded me of a pole dancer. Lots of people walked out of them.
I will give an A+ to Kissy Simmons. She was my favorite broadway performer from all the panama cruises I have been on.
My husband went into the Mark and Rodi adult show and came back after watching for a little while, saying how awful it was, so we didn't even attend the family show. I did enjoy Voice Play and Kissy Simmons very much but really missed The Golden Mickeys. And the Captain America movie was not appropriate for the age of my children but I understand a lot of people like that.

As for the breakfast, I am sorry they did not tell you about that. You didn't miss much, in my opinion, the character opportunities were so numerous on the boat. I believe that is how they are doing it these days, having you sign up on day one.

My husband went into the Mark and Rodi adult show and came back after watching for a little while, saying how awful it was, so we didn't even attend the family show. I did enjoy Voice Play and Kissy Simmons very much but really missed The Golden Mickeys. And the Captain America movie was not appropriate for the age of my children but I understand a lot of people like that.

As for the breakfast, I am sorry they did not tell you about that. You didn't miss much, in my opinion, the character opportunities were so numerous on the boat. I believe that is how they are doing it these days, having you sign up on day one.

Was it Disney Junior or classic characters at the character breakfast?

We were 2502. So yes, down the hall.

How was the cabin? Hopefully quiet as I'll be in there in a few months! Did you have any noise issues - especially at night? I've read about noise when docking in mornings and that doesn't bother me. Did you hear any noise from Walt Disney Theatre in your cabin ever? I think I'd be out of the cabin most time there are shows going on, but wondered about a possibly late night show or movie on the longer cruises. Any vacuuming/banging noise from above in the middle of the night? Was it creaky from ship movement? I assume that hallway noise wasn't an issue (i.e. children running like they always seem to all afternoon long on my previous Disney cruises) since it's at the end of a hallway - is that right?

I understand there is extra space in this cabin compared to the typical 9C cabin, right? How was that, and do you have any tips for how to make use of that space, especially on a long cruise? I've been in a regular 9C and the length of the room had no extra space (i.e. it was wall of bathroom, nightstand, bed, nightstand, curtain, sofa, wall with window - with no extra space anywhere other than perhaps 6" where the curtain divided the room between the sofa and nightstand). I've read that a few cabins at the front curve of the ship have extra space - perhaps between the sofa and wall with the window?

Thanks for any additional info you'd like to share about the cabin because I can't seem to find pictures anywhere! :)

It was classic characters, I know Mickey and Minnie for sure, I think Dale, and either Pluto or Goofy.
Glad to hear it - thanks for the info! It was Disney Jr. last Nov on the Wonder so I skipped it, but I'd definitely do it with the classic characters. :)

Glad to hear it - thanks for the info! It was Disney Jr. last Nov on the Wonder so I skipped it, but I'd definitely do it with the classic characters. :)
I actually had the same question as you and asked when I got the tickets on day one and they were able to tell me that it would be Mickey and Friends, but opposite from you, we had hoped it would be the Disney Jr version.

I agree 100 percent with you. I watched mark and rodi the night before in wavebands about quarter of it anyway. I walked out yes they are very very bad. So I didn't go to the main show. I would of rather watch paint dry instead of watching them again. Voice play and Simmons was great IMO like you said. Also no golden mickeys was a let down. mainstage was not that good. Should of been all Disney songs. Toy story I didn't watch seen it a couple of times I know that is bad. John Charles was great like always. I wonder what DCL was thinking when they put mark and rodi on. Does anyone like them?

It was in the navigator on day 1. Your head server should of told you about the character breakfast. Our head server asked us if we had tickets we said yes. He said that he's trying to fill the character breakfast up because they still had openings on Sunday may 8 Mother's Day. This was a few days before that he told us that.also when you went to guest services they should of told you about the character breakfast and the pictures where you sign up for it at the port adventures desk.

They did have a crew Cabaret one night in place of the talent show. The difference being, the cabaret was put on by only the stage crew members. It ended up being a musical about a girl running away to NYC and then her family following her to bring her home. I'm not sure exactly what the plot line was supposed to be. The music was unfamiliar to me. I didn't like it at all.

In 2014 they had a show like this as well (besides the crew talent show). It was all done by the Walt Disney Theater performers and it was called something like "Let's go to the Movies" and it mainly was different songs from movies, not a musical. It was very well done.

How was the cabin? Hopefully quiet as I'll be in there in a few months! Did you have any noise issues - especially at night? I've read about noise when docking in mornings and that doesn't bother me. Did you hear any noise from Walt Disney Theatre in your cabin ever? I think I'd be out of the cabin most time there are shows going on, but wondered about a possibly late night show or movie on the longer cruises. Any vacuuming/banging noise from above in the middle of the night? Was it creaky from ship movement? I assume that hallway noise wasn't an issue (i.e. children running like they always seem to all afternoon long on my previous Disney cruises) since it's at the end of a hallway - is that right?

I understand there is extra space in this cabin compared to the typical 9C cabin, right? How was that, and do you have any tips for how to make use of that space, especially on a long cruise? I've been in a regular 9C and the length of the room had no extra space (i.e. it was wall of bathroom, nightstand, bed, nightstand, curtain, sofa, wall with window - with no extra space anywhere other than perhaps 6" where the curtain divided the room between the sofa and nightstand). I've read that a few cabins at the front curve of the ship have extra space - perhaps between the sofa and wall with the window?

Thanks for any additional info you'd like to share about the cabin because I can't seem to find pictures anywhere! :)
Cabin 2502 was a nice cabin. Yes there is at least 3 extra feet between the sofa and the porthole wall. This was my first time in an oceanview room so I didn't know that that space wasn't normal. I thought at the time it would be a great place to put a pack n play if I was traveling with an infant. I did use that space for stretching in the morning. I have no complaints about the room at all. I didn't hear any creaks or any noise from anywhere. Being at the end of the hall, there were no people or kids running down it. At the end of the hall was the door to the crew quarters. So at times there were crew members walking down that way. But it wasn't excessive. They weren't loud. Have fun in the room!

I'm curious what all your thoughts are on this. Do you think this is a DCL issue or could some of this just be poor management/oversight on the Wonder? I ask because we sailed Wonder in March and it felt like a completely different cruise line. Not what we had experienced on our previous Disney cruises on Magic and Fantasy at all. We're still a little baffled by it. You know when you go to a chain restaurant and most of them are very similar but sometimes you come across one that is falling apart or not being managed well? That's kind of the feeling we got while on board (ok, "falling apart" is a bit dramatic, but you get the idea) and I have to be honest, when we heard the Wonder had the Noro outbreak, we weren't surprised and we would have been shocked had it been one of the other ships because we always saw someone cleaning the walls, railings, elevator buttons throughout our other cruises and didn't see this once while we were on Wonder. Maybe my sailing was a fluke but comments I've heard in recent months from others make me wonder if many of these issues are Wonder specific? If so, I think this is a recent down turn because many have commented that they received better, more personal service on Wonder in the past.

As for the Golden Mickeys, there was a number of technical problems when we went to it in March (audio/visual issues) so maybe they pulled it because of that?

And please don't misconstrue this for bashing DCL or even the Wonder. We had some positive experiences as well, like the best head server in the MDR we've ever had and I absolutely adored one of the baristas in the Cove. We enjoyed our time, it was just very different.

I understood about no galley tours but they also had no WD theater tour of which we had on last Nov. panama. They did have lunch sort of at Parrot Cay on embarkation day. But since we were so late in boarding it was open only an hour or so from 2:30 on. I asked about why no lunch at Parrot Cay anymore. They said that too many were asking for a late breakfast so they kept it open for breakfast only until noon. Not too many inside at that hour when I looked in. I hope they reconsider since BBB was pretty crowded for lunch.
No loss on character breakfast. I only mentioned because it was just one more thing that was missing.
The Theater tour was included on the Nov panama crossing.
Yes, I was talking about only 4 classics. We love the classics. On past Panama crossings they had a different one each sea day, which was a highlight for us. Last Nov Panama they only had Star Wars & 1 classic, singing in the rain. So I think this is becoming a trend, which makes me sad.
As for the Guest Lecturer, I am talking about a Disney employee. Last Nov, was Stacia Martin. That was the highlight of the trip. Big loss not having one on this one.
The difference being that the crew talent show highlights the talents of just ordinary crew members. It was fun seeing crew members that you have interacted with being on stage. Dwayne from the pool deck was a highlight for me one year. I just missed that much more than this cabaret they put together.

Sounds like you had a couple of things on your November PC cruise that we did not have on our May 2015 PC cruise. So I guess it isn't necessarily that DCL are taking things away, but more as I said that they change things up. There was no theater tour or Disney speaker on our May 2015 WBPC cruise. We did have an ex Broadway star who did a performance one night.

I read on FB that they did have classics every morning in the movie theater so not sure whether you just missed them.

I really enjoyed the crew talent show on our WBPC cruise last year so probably would have missed that too, but as I understand they couldn't do the normal one because of the interaction with guests.

No lunch at Parrot Cay would not be a big loss for me, but I guess the impact on BBB would be a worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter