Just Back From VWL.....

prez65

Mouseketeer
Hi, Just got back from The Villas at Wilderness Lodge First time there....even though the main pool was closed:sad1: ....I have just 1 word to say about this resort....WOW!:banana: .
The lobby takes your breath away...there is so much to do on site and at Fort Wilderness you can acually do without the parks!
Breakfast at the Whispering Canyons was so much fun...my kids wanted to eat breakfast there everyday...they liked it better than the character breakfasts.
Well I just wanted to add me 2 cents and let everyone know it will be hard not to love this one.......:love:

Being so close to FW is one of the reasons we made VWL our home. It really feels like you are in a different world over there.

Glad you enjoyed it. We are sorta partial too it ourselves:cloud9:

We have not stayed at VWL, but we did stay at the WL when our kids were still young... We loved the theming and the grand feel. We haven't been there since, but only because VB has stolen our hearts. I am sure we will find a way to experience the lodge again...

I have read many post about VW being so special at Christmas time? I know all the resorts have a special look for the holidays, but it seems as if people make a bigger fuss over VW.

We are thinking about adding a few days on the end of a stay we already have planned, using the DVC cash reservation discount.

I called today and a VW studio is 465 per day but with the DVC discount it is 348 per day.

Any comments from people who have been there at Christmas would be helpful.

Thank you.

Glad you had a great trip! We stayed at VWL in a studio in 2003 because that was all that was available (booked about 6 weeks in advance). We loved it. It really is a wonderful resort. I would like to go back and stay in a 1 bedroom sometime.

Glad you enjoyed it! We stayed in a regular room in 2005 and my whole family fell in love with the resort. That trip we bought DVC and we are going back to the lodge in a 2 bedroom in July. I am counting the days....:yay:

VWL is on the "to do" list, but I'm pretty clueless about FW. . .fill me in, please.

VWL is on the "to do" list, but I'm pretty clueless about FW. . .fill me in, please.

FW is about a mile walk from the villas...you can also take a bus or a boat. They have horseback riding...pony rides...petting zoo..horse drawn wagon rides. They have a campfire with a chip and dale sing a long everynite plus the Hoopty Doo Revue.....I do not know much about the lodging...but they have different areas for tents...campers...and they also have cabins. Those are just some of the things I know about....it seems like there was more going on than I saw. Also on the bus ride one night we saw some deer (Bambi) as my DD pointed out....

I have read many post about VW being so special at Christmas time? I know all the resorts have a special look for the holidays, but it seems as if people make a bigger fuss over VW.

We are thinking about adding a few days on the end of a stay we already have planned, using the DVC cash reservation discount.

I called today and a VW studio is 465 per day but with the DVC discount it is 348 per day.

Any comments from people who have been there at Christmas would be helpful.

Thank you.

The WL is beautiful at Christmas. It feels so homey with the big fireplace and that wonderful, grand Christmas tree in the lobby. There are garlands hung on the railings and beautiful wreaths and smaller trees all around. It would be my choice for a resort during the holidays.

Krazy:goodvibes Also, VWL has it's own huge tree in it's lobby. There are fireplaces and comfy sofas/chairs to sit in. There's the Iron Spike room right there, you don't have to go to the lobby of WL to feel like you're surrounded with the Christmas spirit.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed it.

My family LOVES WL. We've never stayed at the Villas but the Lodge is one of the reasons we bought into the DVC. We've stayed at all of the moderate resorts and half of the deluxe resorts but no matter where we have stayed we've wished we were at the Lodge. It has such a homey feeling to it and it really beautiful during the Holidays. I remember entering the Lodge late one evening and they were starting on the tree and the next morning when we went down for breakfast it was all done. The Whispering Canyon is one of our 'must eat at' restaurants while at WDW and always our last breakfast before heading home.

Well we booked the 28th and 29th of Dec there. Saved about 100 a night with the DVC cash discount. Looks like I need to do some research on the resort to gather some must know info. But I have lots of time lol.

BTW how long on average does it take to get to MK from there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter