• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Vist.Villages/Quality Suites maingate east(Long)

DisMomRN

Earning My Ears
We just spent last week at WDW (look for upcoming trip
report) 4/30 - 5/5 at Vistana villages and 5/5 to 5/8 at
Quality suites maingate east.
Absolutely loved Vistana!! Rooms, grounds, pool and furnishings all beautiful!!!! Had everything we needed and more. Housekeeping visited every day (pleasant surprise, thought they only came once during our stay) and even did dishes! All our room requests were honored. We were approached only once about the timeshare breakfast (which we politely declined) and were never bothered again. Main waterfall pool was a little cool, could have been increased about 5 degrees.
Smaller pool was just right, jacuzzi was good. Driving to WDW was a breeze, it really was 5 minutes!! No traffic problems at all! Would definitely recommend spending the extra money, it was well worth it.
Quality suites was ok, just ok. Rooms are very worn and dated. Doors were "sticky". Mini refrig only, very disappointing. Had to rearrange shelves and be creative with what size things we stocked the frig with. No oven, only stove top burners (2). Scanty dishes and 1 pan. We checked in and had 8 forks, 2 knives and 2 spoons, no bowls, 4 lg. plates and 3 small. That was it. Front desk did remedy that, though and quickly. Room requests were honored. Room size is great and mattresses were very good. Housekeeping was good.
Safe in room very nice, did use it. Felt safe the whole stay, pool was nice and grounds were too. Their renovation money must have been spent on all exterior appearances, their rooms sorely need it. We had a 2 bdrm suite for 87/ night. Traffic horrible and construction a pain, drive to WDW still brief though (5-10 min depending on traffic). Any questions, feel free to ask.:jester:

DisMomRN,
I am so glad to hear a good report on the Vistana Villages. I also booked through hotelkingdom.com and feel much better about that decision - thanks for posting. I am now moving on to the next phase of trip planning - where to eat? Do you plan on adding a "Where we ate" report? I am trying to get as many different opinions as possible. I love when people let us know where they ate and how they would rate it. Are there any restaurants in the immediate vicinity of V.V.?

I just returned from the Rosen, about 5 minutes north on I-Drive. We loved our meal at Bahama Breeze further north on I-Drive. Their drinks are made with fresh fruit and are fabulous. Their virgin Bahamarita had layers of fresh kiwi, strawberry and mango juices. Food was great and the atmosphere fun. Arrive early (before six) to avoid long waits.

Vistana is near the Premium Outlet Mall. The Premier Warehouse is always worth a visit.

If you are adventurous eaters, be sure to make a PS for Boma at AKL. Arrive early to allow plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere at the lodge. The food was very good (the desserts were all out of this world).

The restaurants at Crossroads and Downtown Disney/Marketplace are not far.

Have fun!

Hi bearzabout,
Thanks so much for the rest. info. While we do eat at the parks during the day, we always seem to find ourselves looking for dinner after the parks close since we go when the parks close earliest (first of Dec). I will definitely be giving Bahama Breeze a try - that Bahamarita sounds worth the trip!! Have a good one.:jester:

I am confused by the different Vistana's......We are checking in this Sunday to the Sheraton's Vistana Resort that is right by DW......So are there 2? Thanks so much......

There are two different resorts. Sheraton's Vistana Resort is the older resort near I-4 off 535. Sheraton's Vistana Village is a new resort in a relatively undeveloped area on South International Drive about a mile away.

DisMomRN: Glad to have found someone who's stayed at Vistana Villages! I'm thinking about staying there next year on a timeshare exchange. My other choice is Marriott's Cypress Harbour. Cypress Harbour looks wonderful on the website. But I like the furnishing of Vistana Villages a bit better (based on the few pictures on its web site). I don't suppose you've stayed at CH and can give me your opinion re differences? With re V V, was a lot of construction going on during your stay? I understand that only one phase of the resort is open. I read somewhere that V V has or plans to have a walking/jogging trail around the resort -- do you know if that's complete? I'd appreciate hearing more about your likes/dislikes re your stay. So the grounds are beautiful? I don't suppose you have pictures you can put on the web? I wish vistana had more pictures on its web site for V V. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, Scotch. I haven't been to CH. Has anyone in this group been that can help?? I do have many pictures of the grounds, rooms,etc. But alas, I am scanner challenged.
There wasn't any construction while we were there. Maybe you're thinking of Vistana resort; closer to WDW and they do have construction going on. If you do a search on Vistana resort, they will have a lot of info for you (for that matter, try Cypress Harbour, too!)

Re: Bahama Breeze

This place is great! I highly recommend it, but a word of warning, it gets very crowded. Go early if you can, or else you'll be in for a wait to get seated ... which isn't all bad because they have live entertainment on the patio and you can enjoy the aforementioned drinks.

(FYI: Bahama Breeze is actually a subsidiary of the same company that owns Olive Garden. Before I knew about this I had ordered free gift certificates to Olive Garden from someplace or other and was pleasantly surprised to find they were also good for Bahama Breeze.)

No, I'm interested in Vistana Villages, not Vistana Resort. VV has only opened a portion of the resort --construction is ongoing -- the completed resort will have several themed "villages". I called today and the woman assured me that the construction is "way on the other side" of the resort so that's probably why you did not notice it. Good. I nixed Vistana Resort after doing tons of research and finding the mixed reviews both here and on TUG (timeshare users group). VR has the really nice newer sections and so-so to blah older sections. I really don't feel like doing all the planning, going to a resort, and "gamble" with the possibility that I'll end up in a section that looks old and worn. Hence I've narrowed my search to CH and VV, both of which are much newer resorts and the quality of the rooms are consistent.

Originally posted by DisMomRN
We just spent last week at WDW (look for upcoming trip
report) 4/30 - 5/5 at Vistana villages and 5/5 to 5/8 at
Quality suites maingate east.
Absolutely loved Vistana!! Rooms, grounds, pool and furnishings all beautiful!!!! Had everything we needed and more. Housekeeping visited every day (pleasant surprise, thought they only came once during our stay) and even did dishes! All our room requests were honored. We were approached only once about the timeshare breakfast (which we politely declined) and were never bothered again. Main waterfall pool was a little cool, could have been increased about 5 degrees.
Smaller pool was just right, jacuzzi was good. Driving to WDW was a breeze, it really was 5 minutes!! No traffic problems at all! Would definitely recommend spending the extra money, it was well worth it.
Quality suites was ok, just ok. Rooms are very worn and dated. Doors were "sticky". Mini refrig only, very disappointing. Had to rearrange shelves and be creative with what size things we stocked the frig with. No oven, only stove top burners (2). Scanty dishes and 1 pan. We checked in and had 8 forks, 2 knives and 2 spoons, no bowls, 4 lg. plates and 3 small. That was it. Front desk did remedy that, though and quickly. Room requests were honored. Room size is great and mattresses were very good. Housekeeping was good.
Safe in room very nice, did use it. Felt safe the whole stay, pool was nice and grounds were too. Their renovation money must have been spent on all exterior appearances, their rooms sorely need it. We had a 2 bdrm suite for 87/ night. Traffic horrible and construction a pain, drive to WDW still brief though (5-10 min depending on traffic). Any questions, feel free to ask.:jester:

DISMOMRN,COULD YOU TELL ME HOW YOU GOT THE RATE OF 86.00 I WAS QUOTED A PRICE AT THERE SITE FOR A 2 BR FOR 129.00 A NIGHT THANKS

Karen,
Sorry to be so long with my reply. We got a discounted rate through hotel kingdom.com and
then they discounted further(don't know why, didn't push it !!) when we arrived. Glad they did though, don't think it was worth more than the rate we paid. Even the kids commented on the
lesser quality. My rate may have been lower due to the time of year (first week in May), so experiment with different dates on the website and see what different rates you come up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter