Just Back From The World...

Yes...I'm interested.....and what is the BEVERLY flavor at Club cool:confused3 Thanks
Kerri

It is the most HORRIBLE tasting concoction you could ever imagine. Many people tease those in their group into tasting it by telling them that it is good.

Just to answer a few of peoples questions and respond to some comments. Thank you everyone for your congratulations. There will most likely not be a Disney wedding based on the fact I live in Virginia and do want to make it was easy on family as possible to come. But there will most likely be a Disney Honeymoon. Adam and I are hoping to be able to save enough to splurge on a Deluxe for our stay. I absolutely can't wait till we have kids of our own and I can see the looks on there faces that I saw on so many young ones while in Disney this past week.

Anyways as a poster already said Beverly is disgusting and I knew better than to even try it and I'm glad I didn't because all three of the boys had the exact same look on their faces when they took a sip.

Also thanks for the sympathies on the feet. I wore my Malindi Crocs the rest of the trip and never had anymore problems.

Now as for my next installment, I just got back from work and have to now go out and run some errands but never fear. I will post at least once if not more than that sometime later today so check back with me.

As Tigger would say...TTFN

Alright everyone. So sorry it took me so long to get this posted. The day just seemed to get away from me.

So Thursday was Hollywood Studios day. As always we were up bright and early and ready to head to the buses by 8:00am. It seemed like it was going to be another nice day but it always looked nice and sunny in the morning. Anyways we didn't have to wait long for a bus (it seemed like we never had to wait long the whole trip). So we caught our bus and we were on our way. I was pretty excited for this day because Rock n Roller Coaster wasn't there when I was younger and either Tower of Terror wasn't there or I was too chicken to ride. I can't remember.

So we get to Hollywood Studios around 8:30am and get in line with the huge swarm of people. It seems that ever since Toy Story Mania opened the Hollywood Studios crowd has grown. In fact when I first planned out which days would be devoted to which parks, HS was supposed to close at 9pm with only one Fantasmic showing at 9pm as well. A few weeks before we left I found out that the park hours had been extended till 10pm with another Fanstamic time for 10:30pm. It looked like this wasn't uncommon for most of August. But moving on...

We arrived to the beautiful site of Mickey's giant hat.

100_1448.jpg

Now my boyfriend had been convinced for months that he was going to steal Mickey's hat and put it in his backyard. No matter how many times I told him it wasn't possible he still insisted. :rotfl: It only added fuel to the fire that we were still trying to search for Sorcerer Mickey Ear hats and still couldn't find them. We had at this point been given a different answer by every store clerk we asked so we kept in search. We ended up coming up empty at Hollywood Studios as well. I don't know if I mentioned this or not but sometime during the week we asked a merchandise counter at World of Disney I believe and that associate told me they wouldn't be getting anymore in till September. :confused3 The boys weren't really thrilled with this answer so they kept checking everywhere anyways but oh well...Back on track...

Once the rope dropped everyone swarmed towards Toy Story Mania. It was unlike anything I had ever seen. Disney employees had basically just one path to the attraction roped off so people couldn't cut through other ways to try to get there. All along the way they would advise no pushing, shoving, etc. It was crazy. So it's 9am, everyone and their mom is heading towards TSM and the fast pass lines are crazy. I hop in line with everyones park tickets because it seemed to make sense to keep the least amount of people as possible near these lines. As I'm standing there I'm just watching the times tick away like seconds. Eventually I was up and ended up with a return time of something around noon I think. I know it wasn't much later than that. Not bad but still kinda crazy. I do have to hand it to Disney though. They handle this mad rush as best and as organized as they can.

On my way out I was greeted by these guys...

DSC02103.jpg

Immediately after we got our fast passes we headed toward TOT and RnR coaster. I was almost I think the stand by time for TOT was only something like 20 minutes so we hopped right in line. TOT was awesome. It was unlike anything I'd ever been on before. I think it easily became one of my favorites. Right after we went straight to RnR coaster which now had a stand by of 50 minutes but since we already had fast passes to TSM we had to brave it. The wait ended up seeming a bit longer than 50 minutes but oh well. This ride was also AWESOME. That launch is pretty extreme and well worth the wait. For inquiring minds we had Love in an Elevator and Walk This Way as our ride along music. Upon exiting the ride we browsed the gift shop where we soon realized it had begun to rain outside. It was horrible but it wasn't just a drizzle either. So we poncho'd up and headed out into the storm.

We then decided to make our way over towards Muppet Vision 3D which was pretty much walk right in. The boys got a kick out of their 3D glasses and Sam the Eagle had some pretty awesome safety tips. "Stopping in the middle of the row is strictly unpatriotic..." quickly became a slogan that would be used often throughout the rest of the trip. I found Muppets to be quite fun. I love the Muppets and those two old guys crack me up.

I think after this we grabbed some lunch at Toy Story Pizza Planet which was a welcome break from the rain. I found the pizza to be really good and the salad to be pretty fresh. I think I had a Mickey Mouse rice crispy treat for dessert but I couldn't finish it I was so full. After a nice break we decided to pass some more time with attractions while waiting for our TSM time.

I can't remember what order we did everything in but I'll give you a review of everything I remember.
Narnia was just ok... the video on how they did everything was kinda cool and seeing the props and costumes was nice but that whole re-cap video was kinda pointless. Cool if the wait time is low.
We ended up grabbing a Fast Pass for Star Tours which was cool but a little jerky. My boyfriend said it left him feeling a little sick and he's not really prone to motion sickness. But I love Star Wars so I thought it was pretty cool.
The Great Movie Ride was a nice break but it really needs a rehab.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid was nice. Adam fell asleep and it was funny to see him jerk back awake once Ursula showed up. :rotfl2: It's good if you love Ariel or if your just in need of catching up on a few zzzzzzzzzzzzs. LoL.
I can't remember much else of the rides but lets get back to the important stuff.

Toy Story Mania was awesome. The theming, the effects, everything. I don't know if I'd wait in a 110 minute line like I believe we saw it get up to, but with Fast Pass it was a breeze. Wish we could have ridden it more than once but I wasn't waiting in that line. The theming in the queue line is really charming though and brings you back to the good old days.

DSC02100.jpg

I'm slightly convinced this is what helped by friend B to decide to buy Disney themed Candy Land a little later on in the trip.

Sometime after this we rode TOT a few more times. We rode it I think at least 5 times that day using Fast Pass.

Around 5 it was time for Adam and I's dinner reservation at Mama Melrose. I had heard mixed reviews but initially I had booked it for the Fantasmic Dining Plan before our other friends had decided to join us on our trip. I'm glad we did it though because the Fantasmic plan included an appetizer per person, entree, desserts, drinks and all under the Disney Dining Plan. For appetizers Adam had the Tomatoes and fresh Mozzarella which he said was good but he didn't rave about it. I had the breads and spreads which was delicious. I think both me and Adam really enjoyed it. For entrees he had the grilled chicken flat bread and I had chicken parmesan. His flat bread was really good while my chicken was just okay. It was a little dry but I could have just gotten it on an off day. Given the choice again though I think I would defiantly choose a flat bread instead. For dessert Adam had the Tiramisu which he found good but again he didn't rave about. I had the ricotta cheesecake with blood orange sauce. This was heavenly. Probably one of the best cheesecakes I've ever had. All in all Mama's was better than I expected it to be and we will probably be back. People should give it a chance at least once before listening to bad reviews.

Anywho... I've already talked about all the rides and the food. I should probably mention by mid afternoon it stopped raining and it actually got a little nice out for...Drumroll please...
FANTASMIC!
This was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. First of all they aren't lying when they say grab a spot early. We headed in around 7:30pm when the show was scheduled to start at 9pm. It already had more than a few people steaking out spots. We managed to get a nice spot right in the center and pretty high up so we could see everything. It was torture waiting for the show to start but I just passed the time munching on popcorn and talking to the nice women and her young daughter who were sitting next to me.
Next thing I knew it was 9pm and Fantasmic! was beginning....

Fantasmic! lived up to every expectation I had and more. It was pure Disney magic in it's finest and if anyone is thinking of skipping it on their upcoming vacation I urge them to seriously reconsider. It was really truly worth the wait.

Once Fantasmic was over we decided to ride TOT just once more. I don't remember how bad the line was but I don't think we waited more than 30 minutes. Plus we were some of the last people to ride because once we got off they had closed the lines.

It was overall a great ending to a great day.

Coming Up: A short visit to Typhoon Lagoon, A Ghirardelli Ice Cream Stop, and a Dinner Under the Sea.

Stay Tuned.

Oh- it sounds soooo fun!

Also, congrats on getting engaged!

Can you tell us anything else about TSM? What was it like? Was it worth the wait (with your FP)??

Sue

Alright everybody just a heads up. It's been kinda a busy day so far and I have to go to work very shortly. But never fear I will hopefully and most likely to be back to update something tonight. In the meantime I hope everyone is enjoying and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

I'm loving your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Also, congratulations on your engagement!

Sorry I didn't get to update yesterday. I have an eye appointment this afternoon so I'll probably be able to update sometime soon after that. Anyone out there still interested. Give me a heads up and I'll try my hardest to get an update on here sooner rather than later.

Enjoyable report. Thanks for taking the time to share.

By the way, I love POFQ. Thanks for the pictures as a nice reminder of my previous stays there. :goodvibes:

I'm still hooked on your report! We leave in 7 days and reading this is helping the excitement level! Can't wait for your next installation!:wizard:

Very good trip report, would love to hear more. Your ring is very nice and congratulatiions.

:surfweb:

waiting for more! Your report is so animated! Loving it! It gets me excited cause we leave in 3 days!!!! :banana:

Just not looking forward to the achey park feet! :headache:

Definitely looking forward to more! As a previous poster asked, can you tell us any more about Toy Story Mania?

:surfweb:

waiting for more! Your report is so animated! Loving it! It gets me excited cause we leave in 3 days!!!! :banana:

Just not looking forward to the achey park feet! :headache:

I know this is going to sound repetitive but have you tried crocs. They saved my feet. As I mentioned I wore my sneakers only one day and I was miserable. But the crocs were wonderful. We would be in the parks from rope drop till usually close and my feet maybe started to hurt in our last hour of the parks if even at all. I used the malindi model (which is like a ballet style) but I've heard all work well.

Love your report waiting to hear more. Congrads on your engagement. Good luck on your life together.:flower3:

I know this is going to sound repetitive but have you tried crocs. They saved my feet. As I mentioned I wore my sneakers only one day and I was miserable. But the crocs were wonderful. We would be in the parks from rope drop till usually close and my feet maybe started to hurt in our last hour of the parks if even at all. I used the malindi model (which is like a ballet style) but I've heard all work well.

Oh yes! I have my crocs, the regular ugly holey ones and I love them! DH HATES for me to wear em, but he would much rather me wear them then hear me whine!!:lmao:
So I am definately taking them this weekend!!!:thumbsup2

Okay everyone I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while. I just had an update almost finished all typed up and ready to go and I lost it. :scared1: So now I have to start it all over again. So just a heads up to everyone I should have one up here shortly. Don't give up on me.

So last we left off we were at Hollywood Studios. Friday was designated to be Typhoon Lagoon day so we were all up bright and early and decked out in our swim gear. However in the morning I noticed it was slightly chillier than you would expect for August. :confused3 Go figure that this chilly day came along on a day devoted to swimming and being wet all day. But oh well we headed off to the buses in the hopes that it would warm up as the morning went on.

Once we arrived at TL there were hardly any people there waiting to get in...possibly only a grand total of 20 or so. Eh maybe everyone else thought it was chilly too. Anyways it was about this time I noticed the significant amount of cloud cover in the sky but decided that hopefully it wouldn't rain and we could end up with a good day. Once inside we got a locker which I believe was $5 dollars with an additional $5 deposit, I could be wrong though, and headed off in search of some slides.

Now I don't know if it was just us but it seems like we couldn't find our way out of a paper bag today. :rotfl: But seriously not matter how many maps we looked at or how much we tried to follow signs we were always lost. lol. But we still ended up walking on a lot of the slides which was nice. Also my fiance was really looking forward to the lazy river so we headed over there and floated around for a good half an hour. It was nice because there was hardly anyone in the park which meant people weren't jam packed into the river. We even hung out in the wave pool for a while and even still it was pretty empty. And let me tell you what those waves are huge. You have to watch out or you might end up getting kicked in the face by a few stray body surfers like my friend B did. However some time later I started to notice that the sky was getting darker and more menacing. I knew we all wanted to do Crush n Gusher so we headed over there. The line was a little long but not horrible. But let me tell you it was fun! Would defiantly do it again. However the sky was looking bad and I'm not a huge fan of thunderstorms especially when the sky looks that bad.

So we headed back to the lockers where I happened to notice the women next to me was wearing a Virginia Beach t-shirt. I was starting to feel like ti was a pretty small world as that is where we're from. She overheard me mention it and said that her and her husband frequently visit there (we live in a tourist town that gets overrun by people in the summer). She was very nice and said very nice things about VA Beach. But alas, it was time to go. So we grabbed our towels and headed back to the buses.

On the bus I started to realize just how gross Chlorine makes your hair feel. I was in definite need of a shower as I'm sure we all were. So back at the hotel we all got cleaned up and pretty again and decided to head down to Downtown Disney to waste some time.

On thing we hadn't done yet was Ghiradelli's soda fountain and I was craving chocolate so we headed there for lunch (yes lunch :lmao: ) Let me tell you what it was delicious. I had the warm brownie sundae (FYI the brownie doesn't have nuts) with one scoop vanilla, one scoop mint chocolate chip, and no almonds. It was heavenly. Cyndrah had the Banana Hot Fudge Sundae, I think Nate just had a regular Hot Fudge Sundae, I think B had a Milk Chocolate and Caramel Shake with Vanilla Ice Cream, and Adam had a chocolate ice cream cone. I would go back in a heartbeat. It will defiantly be a repeat for next trip.

Here's a pic of me enjoying my Sundae:
101_0003.jpg

But anyways for the rest of the day we just kinda hung out and shopped a bit. The boys still couldn't find sorcerer mickey ears but we had fun anyways. Adam and I had ADRs for Coral Reef at 7:30pm so we had to go catch a bus around 6:30pm. Word of warning...we found out the hard way...DTD buses do not go to the parks. At least not at night and not from the marketplace bus stop. So we had to take a bus all the way back to POFQ and try and catch a bus to Epcot from there. For some reason just me and Adam went to Epcot and the others met us later. I can't remember why all I remember is we were rushing so I wasn't paying attention to much of anything. On the bus was interesting. We ran into two unmagical guys who could apparently sense my tension (I was freaking a little about being late) and decided to agitate it by attempting to start up a conversation with us. It was obvious to me by the way they were acting they were making fun of us but a kind women sitting next to us butted in and asked me about our ADRs. I'm glad they did because these guys were grating my nerves. Apparently they had missed an ADR the night before because they were an hour late and the park had already closed. :confused: It was also apparent they were late meeting the people they were having dinner with that night because they kept getting phone calls. But anywho I enjoyed talking to the women. We had a nice chat about being uber planners and she wished us well on our dinner.

Finally the bus arrived at Epcot and Adam and I booked it to Coral Reef. I think we got there around 7:45/7:50pm. We checked in, apologizing of course for being tardy. The hostess was kind enough to inform me that just as long as you show up before ten minutes before closing they will never cancel on you. That made me feel a bit better. I expected to wait a while because we were late but our buzzer went off about 5-10 minutes after checking in and we were taken to our table. I must say that the whole restaurants decor is beautiful even just in the waiting area. However when we rounded and saw the beautiful tank my fiance was in awe. Right then I knew this ADR was worth it. We were led to a table for two right in front of the tank. Now the tables are pretty close together and the restaurant is loud but because of the noise I think you can't notice just how close you are to people.

Not here's the good part...the food. For drinks we once again had iced tea. We both had the NY strip for dinner. Let me tell you this was good. Both were cooked perfect and were very tender. It seemed they marinate it though which could help with the tenderizing but it was still good. The potatoes au gratin were also really good as was the broccolini. I would order this again. For dessert Adam had the Key Lime Tart which looked good but I didn't take a bite I was too busy with my dessert. He said it was good though. For dessert I had the Tropical Fruit with Mango Sorbet. This was good but not as good as the sorbet from Yak and Yeti. But having the mixed fruit (I think it was strawberries, mango, and kiwi) was a nice touch. It think this will be a repeat for next time also.

After dinner Nate, B, and Cyndrah met up with us again. I don't remember what they did while we ate but I'm pretty sure after dinner we all just headed back to the hotel and got an early nights rest.

Stay Tuned...
Next Time: Our First Day In The MK!!!

ah that was a good trip. makes me want to go back insanely! and by the way beverly is disgusting, kelly wasnt lying when she said i got tricked into drinking it.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter