Just back from the Wonder! Any questions?

YFamily

Earning My Ears
Hello!

NOW I understand why people are so crazy about the Disney Cruise Line.

We just got back from a 4 day on the Wonder and we want to go back RIGHT NOW.

I will write up a trip report soon.

It was my husband, myself, and our 2 year old daughter. We stayed in 5134. Nav Verandah, aft.

Does anyone have any questions, while the trip is so fresh in my mind???

Dreaming of going again soon!!

I have been trying to find this out, but every time I do a search it's not working....

Which night is pirate night on the 4-day cruise?

It is the 3rd night of the 4 night cruise. You can check out the navigators which can be linked thru the FAQ thread on this board.

We just came off the same cruise with YFamily. Cannot begin to tell you what my favorite part was. All of it! Study the boards, follow all the tips, put yourself in Mickey's hands and ENJOY! Had to drag my kids, DS7 and DD10 kicking and screaming out of the Lab at midnight!

We were in 7638 AFT. Close to the stairs to Deck 9 Aft where the Mickey Pool, Drink Station and Beach Blanket Buffet is. Everything ran like clockwork. Your Disney Crew knows what they're doing.

Please ask any questions you might have.

MGG Rules!

You know what was my favorite part? Meeting all the families that we got to know from the boards who were sailing at the same time. If anyone is sailing soon, go to the Cruise Meets section and join your group or start one. Having friends on board was a real asset to the experience.

My other highlights:

The Sailaway Party. When the confetti cannons went off and the horn blew and all of us put our hands in the air and jumped up and down to the music. The weather was prefect and it was just a MOMENT I will never forget.

Castaway Cay- WOW! Ok, it was raining when we got off the ship but by the time we got to the family beach, it had stopped. MAGIC!

Palo brunch. The champagne, the crab legs, the caviar, the desserts. Top notch, my friends, top notch.

People who left notes on our decorated stateroom door telling us how much they loved the door. Each day we'd get little notes from our neighbors on the floor, wishing us a happy day.

The service. Amazing. Truly amazing service. I have a special note to make about that in my trip report, coming soon!

One thing no one warned me about. THe swaying that happens in your head after you come home. I am still moving as I sit here. When does this go away? It isn't much fun. But if this is the only thing that went wrong, oh well! No big deal at all!

I will have a REALLY detailed trip report coming soon.

Wishing I was there now. Sitting in the spa. Sitting on deck. Sitting anywhere on that ship....

Ooh! Ooh! I have two questions for you...

1- Has Shutters implimented a better procedure about when you can buy photos from them? The last time we cruised, we were packed like sardines in there when Shutters was open at their assigned times.

2- Does the Wonder have a bubble machine at the sail away party. I'm wondering if DCL has caught on to this DIS tradition.

Welcome home and I hope your posting will help you w/your post cruise withdrawl. ;)

Thanks!

1- Has Shutters implimented a better procedure about when you can buy photos from them? The last time we cruised, we were packed like sardines in there when Shutters was open at their assigned times.

No. I hated going in there because it was always packed and so hard to find your own pics. They need to do it by stateroom! Set up a booth with several stations. Show your card. Get your pics. Pay for your package and add to it each night if need be. The way they do it is horribly disorganized and chaotic. Some of our pics were behind other family's pics. Our pics had print marks from other people's hands. It was hard to get to the counter to check out or ask questions. Didn't like this one bit.

2- Does the Wonder have a bubble machine at the sail away party. I'm wondering if DCL has caught on to this DIS tradition.

No. We Dis girls had bubbled, but it was SO WINDY that day that they went poof very quickly. I thought a bubble machine would be a nice touch, too!!

All in all, perfection. The little annoyances don't seem so bad when on the ship!

YFamily said:

No. I hated going in there because it was always packed and so hard to find your own pics. They need to do it by stateroom! Set up a booth with several stations. Show your card. Get your pics. Pay for your package and add to it each night if need be. The way they do it is horribly disorganized and chaotic. Some of our pics were behind other family's pics. Our pics had print marks from other people's hands. It was hard to get to the counter to check out or ask questions. Didn't like this one bit.

No. We Dis girls had bubbled, but it was SO WINDY that day that they went poof very quickly. I thought a bubble machine would be a nice touch, too!!

All in all, perfection. The little annoyances don't seem so bad when on the ship!

Thanks! BTW, who were your servers and did you like them?

ETA: I noticed that you mentioned that you liked Danesh, but what about your other server?

Our assistant server was Kim from the Netherlands, she was great! Always brought me water with no ice, no lemon, and never forgot that was what I wanted.

Tonight DH and I were hungry, He went into the kitchen yelling for Kim and Dinesh! :rotfl2:

I'm new to this board, so I don't know how to post a reply. :) We are going on our first cruise ever on July 16 aboard the Disney Wonder - 4 nights to the Bahamas. We were upgraded from an oceanview stateroom to a stateroom with veranda - stateroom 7638. We're concerned that it is the last room in the rear of the ship - although it appears to be a large room since it's handicapped accessible. Did you feel the ship more in this room since it's in the rear of the ship? We're afraid of getting sea-sick :)

Hi Pegi,
Just wanted to say HI. I am new to this board also, and am also going on our first cruise in Feb. 07.We are doing the7 day land/sea. Talk soon :Pinkbounc

Pegi, if it's handicap accessable, its a HUGE room!! One of our fellow MGGers had that room and when I walked in I couldn't believe the size. I think your gonna be very happy with it. :)

Thank you so much for replying. I'm very happy to hear that it's a large room. My main concern is that it's in the rear of the ship because I've heard that it's best to be in the center for the least chance of getting sea-sick. I guess we'll take our chances....we'll never know until we try :)

Pegi said:
I'm new to this board, so I don't know how to post a reply. :) We are going on our first cruise ever on July 16 aboard the Disney Wonder - 4 nights to the Bahamas. We were upgraded from an oceanview stateroom to a stateroom with veranda - stateroom 7638. We're concerned that it is the last room in the rear of the ship - although it appears to be a large room since it's handicapped accessible. Did you feel the ship more in this room since it's in the rear of the ship? We're afraid of getting sea-sick :)

Pegi,

You may want to post this question in the main Cruise forum --

enjoy your cruise

I think you've e-mailed the wrong person. I haven't gone on a trip yet - we're going July 16th.

MagicMe - Everything was Magical. No problems anywhere. Follow all the advice on these boards and you can't lose. What else would you like to know? I love to talk Disney!

:wave2: Hi everyone, I haven't been to the boards in awhile so I answered Pegi questions by PM. So - 7638 is fantastic!@ :banana: It is very large with a walk in closet and huge bathroom. We did not get seasick anywhere on the ship. You feel a little more movement in this room only because it is at the back of the ship. The rocking to sleep is great. Any specific questions you have about our trip, just ask. We had no problems anywhere, everything was Magical. Follow all the tips on this board, find people who are on the same cruise and get together and be prepared for the best trip ever! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter