• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from the Poly 9/7-9/12

lsytman

Mouseketeer
Just returned from our 10th anniversary trip to the Poly. What can I say, BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love the resort but my only negative (and I mean only) is Captain Cooks. Like other Disers, this place stinks. It was unorganized, took forever to get something to eat and they always have a problem with the registers so you wait forever just to pay for your food.

I had upgraded to the DxDP which I found disappointing (personal thing). Actually, it is too much food and after about the third day, we ended up cancelling most of our ressies because it just took too long to get seated, served, etc. I really think the reason is that we were a party of two and most of the time, the Waiters forgot us. I rather get counter service (much easier for us) than wasting time at restaurants all day. That is just our personal choice. At the end of our trip, we had 21 snacks left over. CRAZY.

One thing I did really enjoy was the food court at the POR. What a nice resort. We rented a surrey bike and rode around the property. I actually loved this resort. I booked a trip for next year there.

Overall, we had a great time. The Poly is one of a kind (in my book) and loved it very much. Of course, next time we will save some $$ and stay at the POR which again, I found to be lovely.

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary.

We just got back from the Poly also. Just the two of us. We had a great time and loved it. I really like swimming at night after a hard day walking 10 miles it felt good to relax. Only negative is you can hear the people above you stomping around, I asked for 3rd floor but they didn't have it, so we made due with the nervous guy above us who would pace while I'm guessing his wife was getting ready in the bathroom. :rotfl2: no big deal otherwise the trip was a 10 out of 10
Polynesianbyboat.jpg

Meal plan was the opposite for us....

I loved the DxDP and 15 of my meals out-of 15 meals I had perfect Waiters/wait staff (never need to look for our server). And we never really waited for a table more than 5 minutes to get seated (Crystal Palace was a bit more like 15 minutes for a seat but it was just starting to rain and people didn't want to leave). I think the trick was to schedule early meals 6:15pm.... seems the longer the night goes on, the more backed-up they get. I was surprised how quick the meals were.. most of the time in-and-out in 1 hour. So didn't take away from our park time.

Relaxedandgoinghome.jpg

We loved Jiko and California Grill... O'hana's was very good also. It was sooo much food, we did cancel 3 breakfasts :worship: too full

We had a perfect trip, thanks to the planning we did at DisBoards, and even though it said 60% of rain every day.... we only had one afternoon swim that got rained out. Very lucky pirate:
Timetogohome.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter