• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from the July 9th cruise

GrumpyMom1

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We are back from the July 9th West Coast cruise. We had a great time even though the weather could have been better. In PV we did the pirate boat excursion, in Mazatlan we did Randi's Happy Horses, and in Cabo we went to the beach on our own and then went shopping.

I will try to post a full trip report after I get unpacked and some laundry done.

I rebooked for Thanksgiving 2006 but I'm not sure yet if I will be keeping that date or changing to something in 2007.

Welcome back! Can't wait to read some of your highlights. We were on just before you (July 2) and I'm still feeling homesick for the Magic. I'm glad you had a great time. How was the weather? Our last day at sea was freezing.

It's a long time until Thanksgiving 2006--I know because we rebooked for November 2006 too. It's going to be a long year!

We leave in one week on the Magic!
Please fill us in on the weather you said could have been better. What kind of clothing for cold weather are we talking about that we need to pack?
Was it just at night or day too?
Thanks for the update!
:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Welcome back home! I hope you had a wonderful time, but I'm sure you did!

Did you get Gabor again for a server this time? We really loved him and Anna on our first west coast one!

You are the first DISer to post from this week. Welcome home and sorry it's over.............we need details!! :goodvibes

Haven't had a chance yet to write my trip report but I can tell you more about the weather.

Saturday - perfect weather leaving the port.
Sunday (at sea) - very gray and overcast. I think it even rained a little during the day. I wore capris on this day and had to pull out my light jacket.
Monday (at sea) - a beautiful day - sunny and warm.
Tuesday (PV) - overcast and rainy but warm. The rain did stop in the afternoon but it remained overcast and humid. I was worried that they wouldn't be able to shoot the fireworks but it cleared up enough for them to do so.
Wednesday (Mazatlan) - overcast and rainy in the morning but it cleared up and became quite warm and humid.
Thursday (Cabo) - another beautiful day.
Friday (at sea) - gray and overcast again but not as bad as Sunday. I wore shorts on this day and didn't need my jacket but I didn't go up on deck very much either.

As you can see, the weather wasn't horrible all week but I wish we had better weather on our sea days.

I would suggest bringing a pair of long pants and a light jacket or sweatshirt for the first and last day. I saw many people wearing cruise line sweatshirts on Sunday. I assume they bought them onboard because they weren't prepared for the cool weather.

I will try and get my trip report done in the next couple of days. Is there any specific information anyone wants to hear about?

To sum up what will be coming in my trip report - I can't wait to go again!

We were on the June 25 cruise and had great weather no rain at all even when it just it was going to rain. Every cruise I go on the good weather follows me. Even in Alaska last summer it was warm. I only hope that my good luck keeps up since I have 2 cruises good now.

Welcome back!

What beach did you go to in Cabo and how did you get there? Was it nice?

DH's one request for this trip is that we stop in at Cabo Wabo (whatever that Sammy Hagar's place is), so other than that we dont have any plans. I thought visiting a beach would be good.

Thanks for any info!

Thx Sheila for the detailed weather updates. That should help with packing! Can't wait to hear your report! :goodvibes

Welcome back! I would love to hear about your trip with Randi. I have it booked, and am a little nervous (taking my 5 & 8 y.o. kids). What did you think about it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter