Just back from the Fabulous WL!

momtoBrandon&Jacob

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to say real quick that the WL is absolutely FANTASTIC! :thumbsup2 We stayed there for the first time 5/1-5/8 and I'm pretty sure this will be our new "home" resort.

We were very impressed with the overall appearance, cleanliness, beauty, and serenity of the place. Our room was very nice and cleaned very well daily. We had a courtyard view. It was so amazing waking up and seeing the pool and waterfall. Just loved having a balcony.

You're probably wondering if we have pictures. Well we did until I lost my camera one night at Chef Mickey's and it was never turned in :sad2:. But hey, I already told my husband that it was a sign that we need to go back soon!

Any questions - ask away!

WL is amazing! we stayed there in 2008 for 10 nights and loved every minute of it. So far it is our favorite resort. Sorry about your camera and losing the pics....

Sorry you lost your camera. I totally think you should go back to take more pictures. Glad you had a great time:goodvibes

Just wanted to say real quick that the WL is absolutely FANTASTIC! :thumbsup2 We stayed there for the first time 5/1-5/8 and I'm pretty sure this will be our new "home" resort.

We were very impressed with the overall appearance, cleanliness, beauty, and serenity of the place. Our room was very nice and cleaned very well daily. We had a courtyard view. It was so amazing waking up and seeing the pool and waterfall. Just loved having a balcony.

You're probably wondering if we have pictures. Well we did until I lost my camera one night at Chef Mickey's and it was never turned in :sad2:. But hey, I already told my husband that it was a sign that we need to go back soon!

Any questions - ask away!

Glad you had a great trip!!! So sorry about your camera.

I am actively planning for next year and I cannot seem to decide where to stay. What else did you like about WL? How was transportation? Did you do all the parks and feel it was easy to get to?

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Glad you had a great trip!!! So sorry about your camera.

I am actively planning for next year and I cannot seem to decide where to stay. What else did you like about WL? How was transportation? Did you do all the parks and feel it was easy to get to?

Thanks!:thumbsup2

We loved the theme of this resort. The grounds, pool, and decor are amazing. It has a really nice beach and boat rental area. You can sit on the beach at night and watch the water parade which is alot of fun. We also enjoyed the Whispering Canyon Cafe (table service) and The Roaring Fork quick service is good as well. Unlike the value and Mods, this resort is totally indoors. You don't have to go outside to get to the Lobby, the restuarants, arcade, etc....the gift shop was also nice.
We loved that you could hop on a boat to get to MK and the bus service was about the same as any other resort.

Glad you had a good time. Sorry about the camera. However, i am glad you posted about it because it made me think of the fact that I walk around all week taking pictures and never transfering them until we get home. Based on what happened to you my new policy will be to transfer them nightly. The camera can be replaced the pictures are priceless.

Glad you had a good time. Sorry about the camera. However, i am glad you posted about it because it made me think of the fact that I walk around all week taking pictures and never transfering them until we get home. Based on what happened to you my new policy will be to transfer them nightly. The camera can be replaced the pictures are priceless.

Exactly. I really don't care about the camera at all but I am still heartbroken about the pictures :sad1:.

We tried to do lots of photopass but they all look the same after a while.

So glad you had a good time. Sorry about your camera.
We love WL also! WL was our first Deluxe resort stay and it helped with our decision to buy DVC since we enjoyed it so much.

SO GLAD , GOING MAY 27TH TO JUNE 4TH, 1ST TIME THERE AT WL. SOUNDS LIKE WE HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.:surfweb:

We loved the theme of this resort. The grounds, pool, and decor are amazing. It has a really nice beach and boat rental area. You can sit on the beach at night and watch the water parade which is alot of fun. We also enjoyed the Whispering Canyon Cafe (table service) and The Roaring Fork quick service is good as well. Unlike the value and Mods, this resort is totally indoors. You don't have to go outside to get to the Lobby, the restuarants, arcade, etc....the gift shop was also nice.
We loved that you could hop on a boat to get to MK and the bus service was about the same as any other resort.

Thank you so much!!! Sounds wonderful!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip for your family. I'm so sorry about your camera. Keep checking with lost and found to make sure it's not been returned. We loved the WL when we stayed there. Thinking of maybe upgrading to it again for this trip. The boats to and from the MK are nice....and peaceful. Hope you are able to return soon.

Glad you had a great time at the WL :). The WL is one of our favorite resorts.....we love everything about it.....the atmosphere is beautiful and you can't beat the boat ride to/from MK :goodvibes. So sorry about your camera :(.

We also enjoyed the WL, but would recommend getting a courtyard or pool view. We had a standard (?) view and overlooked a loading dock. The trucks that backed up made loud beeping noises at early hours of the morning. Drove me crazy, but we could see the fireworks from our room (kids were really young then), so we didn't ask to move/upgrade. Boat to MK was convenient and the theming was lovely. Rooms are definitely on the small side.

I think our room was a standard room and this was the view from our balcony. I don't think we upgraded to woods view but I can't remember.
So far this has been our favorite resort and will definatley stay there again...but right now we want to try some others...like Swan/Dolphin in Oct. Hurry up F&W Festival!!

PDSC01174_016.jpg

That is the lake you see through the trees. We always knew when a MK boat was fixin to dock because you could hear the horn!

We absolutely love the WL!! By far the best resort for us. Love everything about it. Love being in the woods anyways and this fits that need. Glad you had a great time. Stinks about the camera. DD got an ear infection the first year we stayed there. She ended up missing half the trip. So we decided that we needed to do a repeat for her the next year. Anything for an excuse to go back there right? I'm with you. You need to go back and get new pictures. Have fun!

Glad you had a wonderful time at WL. As you can tell by our sig, its our favorite and has been for some time. Keep checking with Lost & Found for your camera. But going back and getting new pictures is the best option I can think of. Hint, Hint!!

So sorry about the camera! Thanks for the great review--we are staying at WL for the first time in 2 wks!
Quick question--were mickey waffles available at Roaring Forks?
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter