Just back from the Dream! (Updated with pictures!!!)

All of the quick service stations on board are included as well... the only things you should have to pay for are: Palo and Remy, there is a smoothie station right next to the quick service stations that does charge for special-made smoothies now (this is new), any coffees you get in the coffee bars (the Cove Cafe right next to the adult pool and the coffee bar that overlooks the main lobby on deck 5 across from Shutters), any alcoholic drinks you get on board (you can bring your own on board though. My group brought wine on board), any spa services, any internet usage, merchandise in he gift shops, shore excursions... and I think that might be it! Room service is actually included as well, but there might be a couple items you have to pay for (if you order sodas they do charge you to bring it to your room, so I suggest going to get it yourself for free on the deck!). Pictures are extra too, but you can always give your camera to the photo person and they will take the very same photo for you on your camera. Tipping is automatically included on bar tabs, tips in Palo are optional (although I always leave 5-10 additional at least) and DCL will tell you what the suggested tipping rates are for your head server, assistant server, main server and stateroom host/hostess. Just be sure to account for those tips before you leave, because they can add up. Parking at the port is also $!5 per day, and we always give the luggage guys at a the port a few dollars as well for handling our bags.

That might sound like a lot, but when it comes down to it, if you don't buy pictures, bring your own alcohol or don't drink at all, stay out of the spa and don't eat at Palo or Remy (the regular dining rooms are fantastic, don't worry), then you don't have to worry about a big bill at all. I actually did a cruise once where I went to Palo (back when it was $10) and I had one drink and that's all I bought and my grand total for the cruise was $30. We split the parking 4 ways among friends and that was about $10 each. Not too shabby. Of course, my bills seem to be going up and up and up the more I cruise (this was #9)!

Thank you! That helps so much. I had no idea room service was included-had just read you had to pay if they brought drinks. We'll just go and get those. I'm planning to spend the night before at one of the hotels near by that has the cruise package/parking, and won't do any of the extra charge restaurants-it will be just me and my 3 kids. These threads are getting me so excited.:yay: Only 540 more days until my cruise:rotfl:

Can you get milk at the drink station? And since you can bring alcohol on board, I'm assuming we could bring some canned drinks as well?

Amazing pics, thanks. So excited for September, our oldest will be turning 5 years old, was just showing him the pics of the Aqua Duck his face....:eek:

Well, they just do things so differently now... like the adult comedian show was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre this time, not in the D-Lounge (which would be the equivalent to Rockin Bar D)... and there were no "shows" or anything at all in any of the adult areas that I ever saw. I did see Match your Mate on the navigator, but there was only one show and it was at 7:45, not at 10:30 like usual. The only night show they had the 3 nights we were there was the comedian, and like I said, that was in a different part of the ship even though it was an adults-only show. I'm sure the cruise staff hosted that. I was confused at what the cruise staff really do on this ship, I saw Ponce, who was very involved in the Med cruise I was on this summer, only twice - once walking around the top deck and once greeting people for the Believe show. I only saw David once greeting people outside Evolution and then again hosting the crab races on Castaway. But then again, I agree and think that maybe things will change once the regular cruises get underway. It was just different because The District is such a popular place to go now that I'm not sure how much they will need night adult shows any more - and if they did, how many people would skip The District to go there. I am very interested to see how it eventually works itself out. Anyhow, if there was one thing we were disappointed in, it's that we didn't really get to know any Cast Members outside of our stateroom host and servers. Usually we know the whole cruise staff by the ends of our cruises and we just didn't see them this time.

was the comedian you saw Jeff Civillico? I know someone else I talked too that was on the first preview cruise said they saw him in D-Lounge. I was jealous I like him

was the comedian you saw Jeff Civillico? I know someone else I talked too that was on the first preview cruise said they saw him in D-Lounge. I was jealous I like him

Yes, that was who it was on ours too! I was sad we didn't get to see him but it just didn't work out. I'm glad he was in the D-Lounge the first cruise, it makes SO much more sense for them to be in there because that's right outside the entrance to The District. Him being in the Lake Buena Vista theatre didn't make much sense. I'm thinking maybe something was wrong with the D-Lounge because I never saw a soul in there the whole cruise! I'm sure they'll put the adult acts in there though.

Thank you! That helps so much. I had no idea room service was included-had just read you had to pay if they brought drinks. We'll just go and get those. I'm planning to spend the night before at one of the hotels near by that has the cruise package/parking, and won't do any of the extra charge restaurants-it will be just me and my 3 kids. These threads are getting me so excited.:yay: Only 540 more days until my cruise:rotfl:

Can you get milk at the drink station? And since you can bring alcohol on board, I'm assuming we could bring some canned drinks as well?

Yes, there was milk there! Not sure what kind of milk, but I know it's there! I'm sure you can bring can drinks on board but you won't need them. Just bring big huge water bottles like we do and fill them up with soda and you don't have to go back very often for refills!

Yes, that was who it was on ours too! I was sad we didn't get to see him but it just didn't work out. I'm glad he was in the D-Lounge the first cruise, it makes SO much more sense for them to be in there because that's right outside the entrance to The District. Him being in the Lake Buena Vista theatre didn't make much sense. I'm thinking maybe something was wrong with the D-Lounge because I never saw a soul in there the whole cruise! I'm sure they'll put the adult acts in there though.

now from talking to this person, it wasn't a adult show it was family show they saw, but still either way

You are correct! Makes me so sad though... there is nothing to really host in the adult areas any more.. all the lounges and bars run themselves, you know? So he really wasn't around those areas much that I saw except the first night when he was greeting people. I'm not sure what all he does now... I did see him hosting the crab races on Castaway though. We talked to him for awhile... he is one of my favorite cast members ever!

He's definately CD material! :thumbsup2 Had a lovely long chat with him last spring.

I'm thinking maybe since it was a preview cruise they didn't do all the normal stuff, I could be totally wrong though. I messaged a friend of mine that is part of the cruise staff and asked about it, hopefully I'll hear back.

I'm thinking what you're thinking. ::yes:: I've been reading some posts over the last few days and wanting to say "Don't panic people! None of these have been full blown 'regular' cruises." The charity cruise that is coming up and the inagural should probably tell the tale.

Now me....I've been searching all the photos for my favorite CMs and nobody's taking pictures of them! :lmao:

Shutters
IMG_4802.jpg

Shutters is very different now... you swipe your card and it tells you what "book" your photos are in. Simply go there, open it up and all your photos for your room are together! So cool!
IMG_4803.jpg

New merchandise areas...
IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

A look inside of one of the shops... WORD OF WARNING: If you want to buy inaugural merchandise, do so on the FIRST NIGHT OF YOUR CRUISE! They sell out of all of that the first night! So early!!!
IMG_4781.jpg

Thank you for all the great pics and descriptions. I noticed you said the Inaugural merchandise was sold out on the first night??? They were selling inaugural merchandise on the preview cruises? What all was available? As someone that is sailing on the inaugural, my initial reaction is not a good one to hearing that news. There has to be something special that I am getting for actually going on that cruise and paying the extra money for it right? I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I don't mean to take away from your experiences at all, I'm just trying to piece together all this preview stuff in my mind. I can't wait to be on the Dream!!

clog, I believe DCL has some merchandise that they will be selling all year for the Dream Inaugural CruiseS 2011. (sort of the 'inaugural season')

There is special merchandise for the maiden voyage and I though guests booked on it were sent a link months ago to be able to pre order stuff. I know one of my friends did.

Evolution, the night club on board
IMG_4674.jpg

Walking into Evolution
IMG_4676.jpg

Skyline Lounge, which was accessible off of Evolution
IMG_4677.jpg

IMG_4678.jpg

The District Lounge.. I did not see a soul in there the whole time. The comedians now are in the Lake Buena Vista Theatre, not in the adults area like they used to be (Lake Buena Vista Theatre is near the Walt Disney Theatre from what I'm told... I never went in there!)
IMG_4664.jpg
Thanks for all the great pictures........
With all the adult bars and lounges how much are the drinks??

Great photos and great reviews!! Thanks so much for sharing!

I will be on the Dream in 2 weeks :cool1::thumbsup2

Yes, there was milk there! Not sure what kind of milk, but I know it's there! I'm sure you can bring can drinks on board but you won't need them. Just bring big huge water bottles like we do and fill them up with soda and you don't have to go back very often for refills!

Thanks again!:goodvibes

Thank you very much for the great photos and your review! It all sounds so exciting. I can't wait until we get to cruise on the Dream.

Thanks so much for sharing your photos and your experiences on the Dream! I can't wait to see her for myself in less than 2 months! :banana:

One thing I couldn't tell from your photos was whether there is any outside seating (tables and chairs) alongside the family pools? On the Magic, my kids love to grab lunch at Topsiders or one of the fast food places and eat next to the Mickey pool so that they can go for a swim when they're finished eating while the rest of us finish our lunch.

Thanks,
Kim

Thanks so much for sharing your photos and your experiences on the Dream! I can't wait to see her for myself in less than 2 months! :banana:

One thing I couldn't tell from your photos was whether there is any outside seating (tables and chairs) alongside the family pools? On the Magic, my kids love to grab lunch at Topsiders or one of the fast food places and eat next to the Mickey pool so that they can go for a swim when they're finished eating while the rest of us finish our lunch.

Thanks,
Kim

Yes, there are! I don't think it is a ton of seating, but in between the drink station and the entrance to Cabanas there are several tables to eat at! There isn't nearly as much true outdoor seating - like on the Magic and Wonder how there are tables outside directly in the sunlight out on the outdoor area - that is considerably smaller and there is much more seating indoors. All of the tables by the kid's area is in the shade. Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the great pictures........
With all the adult bars and lounges how much are the drinks??

The signature cocktails (like my favorite, pomegranate cosmo/martini) were 8.50, which was an increase, but I saw other drinks like the Bahama Mama were only 5.45, which seems about the same. Not sure about beer, I'm not a beer drinker!

now from talking to this person, it wasn't a adult show it was family show they saw, but still either way

It was probably the same show schedule we had... The first night on board they had the Golden Mickeys (two showings like normal), the second night there was Jeff Civillico (two shows) and then the third night was Believe (two shows). These were all in the Walt Disney Theatre. Then on the last night, Jeff did an adults-only show that was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre. That was the only "adults" show that they offered all three nights - once again, probably because this was a preview cruise, I'm sure it will be back to normal again once the regular cruises begin!

Thank you for all the great pics and descriptions. I noticed you said the Inaugural merchandise was sold out on the first night??? They were selling inaugural merchandise on the preview cruises? What all was available? As someone that is sailing on the inaugural, my initial reaction is not a good one to hearing that news. There has to be something special that I am getting for actually going on that cruise and paying the extra money for it right? I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I don't mean to take away from your experiences at all, I'm just trying to piece together all this preview stuff in my mind. I can't wait to be on the Dream!!

Oh yes, ibouncetoo hit the nail on the head! There is Disney Dream inaugural cruises 2011 merchandise (like sweatshirts, photo books, frames, etc) that will be on every cruise for this entire first year of its sailing. However, for your cruise specifically, there will be the actual inaugural cruise merchandise that will be sold in some sort of a lottery fashion I believe (like she said, there was a letter I think that was sent out to everyone to see what you wanted to purchase... that's only from what I hear). And, you guys will be getting special gifts throughout your cruise that will be specific to YOUR cruise only, no one else will have access to those items (I have no idea what they are though). However, I'm sure the generic Disney Dream inaugural cruises merchandise will sell quickly on your cruise and every cruise this whole year, so no matter when you sail this year, buy what you want on the first night because it will sell out VERY quickly on each and every cruise! Don't worry though, you will have merchandise and gifts that will be specialized just for your sailing!

It was probably the same show schedule we had... The first night on board they had the Golden Mickeys (two showings like normal), the second night there was Jeff Civillico (two shows) and then the third night was Believe (two shows). These were all in the Walt Disney Theatre. Then on the last night, Jeff did an adults-only show that was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre. That was the only "adults" show that they offered all three nights - once again, probably because this was a preview cruise, I'm sure it will be back to normal again once the regular cruises begin!

yeah, you are probably right:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter