Just Back From Staying At VWL (with picture link)

Great photos!

The sandwich looks good.

But seriously, did you break into the parks? Save for the last few photos, there are like no people in the pictures!

I am here now and am a fan of the refurbishment except for the weird table and chairs set up. With the bed folded up it looks strange and juts into the room, and when all the beds are opened up, the room is like an obstacle course. I think the older resorts are too small for the pull down bed. YMMV.

Thank you WolfpackFan, just beautiful. :thumbsup2

I start off my vacation at VWL on Sunday, very excited.

I am here now and am a fan of the refurbishment except for the weird table and chairs set up. With the bed folded up it looks strange and juts into the room, and when all the beds are opened up, the room is like an obstacle course. I think the older resorts are too small for the pull down bed. YMMV.

I totally agree. It appears they are doing this exact thing at BCV. :headache: I know I will be busting toes right and left. I want floor space!! If I wanted a cramped hotel room I wouldn't have bought DVC.

Great photos!

The sandwich looks good.

But seriously, did you break into the parks? Save for the last few photos, there are like no people in the pictures!

Actually the crowds were not bad until the weekend. Then both MK and Epcot were very crowded. The sandwich was from Earl of Sandwich. I took it because I have a friend who loves the place and I wanted to send him a picture of it.

Dumb question - but no washer dryer in the studio - so where does a WVL studio family do their laundry?

Is there a facility just for WVL?
Or do you have to walk over to the WL to do laundry?

Thanks!

Beautiful pics.
I also don't like this new table. Is this connected to tv? Dosen't look comfortable to sit and watch tv.
I liked being able to move the table.. That looks stupid if I am seeing that correctly.

I actually love that you can put 5 in a studio now. My 3 grandkids will fit perfectly with us now in a studio!! Can't wait till they do it to the rest. We only have the beds down when sleeping so I don't care what you have to walk around. Now if they will only do this to the Grand Calif and Aulani!!!

I actually love that you can put 5 in a studio now. My 3 grandkids will fit perfectly with us now in a studio!! Can't wait till they do it to the rest. We only have the beds down when sleeping so I don't care what you have to walk around. Now if they will only do this to the Grand Calif and Aulani!!!
Ahhh I just realized why the put the table like that. Now it makes sense to sleep another person.

Thank you for sharing your photos. I think the room looks attractive. However I am still not thrilled with the table being attached to the murphy bed. We usually bring our laptops and sit at the table. While DH writes up a TR, I will upload our photos to photobucket. It is more comfortable to sit in a chair with a back than on a couch or bed for either of us. But looking at the table, is there room for both laptops and where are the outlets? Has anyone used a computer on the new table in a VWL studio?

Laundry is on the ground floor of the DVC building. 2 washers and 4 dryers. Nice tv to watch too!

Dumb question - but no washer dryer in the studio - so where does a WVL studio family do their laundry?

Is there a facility just for WVL?
Or do you have to walk over to the WL to do laundry?

Thanks!

DVC laundry room is on the first floor and the machines are free to use.

The pictures are beautiful!

Really nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Question: What did you think of the new table set up in the studio? It looks really small and it appears to take up valuable floor space in the middle of the room. Did you find this to be the case? I ask because they are apparently going to do this in most if not all studios in the future. :(
the table opens into a bed and although we did not need it, it seems like a great idea,did not seem to take up a lot of space. Now that we have a Grandbaby to bring soon it would be nice in all the studios.

Hi WolfpackFan. Thank you for posting about the VWL. I've been looking for a recent thread about the refurb. We were at WDW last April 2014 for Easter and we were very disappointed with our room, a 1 bedroom. The bathroom had some of the old bronze fixtures and some of the new chrome. It didn't look nice mis-matched like that. Also had holes in the wall here and there like around the mirror. The kitchen was the worst. The fridge was pushed out from against the wall . But when we pushed it back, we couldn't open the fridge, too close to the stove. There was a big hole by the sink, the kitchen sink was missing pieces and baseboards unfinished (meaning not there in some spots). The kitchen cabinets were painted cream on the outside and remain green on the inside. Hoping our experience was not and is not the norm. That they've addressed the problem and fixed things. I called DVC when we got home and said I would never want to stay in a room like that again. I hope more people who have had recent stays will post and keep me up to date. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter