Just back from SSR (long) Pics added!

treehugger

Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte
After almost having a stroke at check-in everything was wonderful. The CM training from OKW said we didn't have a ressie, come to find out her password only gave her access to the OKW reservation system. Lesson learned: Don't pack the confirmation in the bottom of the bag that is already at bell services.

Now on to the good stuff. The resort looks prettier every time we stay there. The Grandstand Section is coming along nicely and has some spectacular views. We stayed in the Springs this time and loved it! We had a corner room on the second floor and I would sit on my balcony every morning and watch a family of swans floating along the pond, so cool! I think I even spotted an eagle one day! Our room was was in perfect condition and immaculate. We also noticed that they are constantly doing upkeep. In our section they were painting the trim and the doors in the hallways. We observed teams of groundkeepers replacing the cedar mulch and generally keeping the place pristine. Today they were power-washing our building. Also, I think SSR has some of the best sound-proofing around. I wouldn't even know we had neighbors (and given the sound of those dang turbo toilets, that's amazing) This resort is so serene.

I can't say enough good things about the buses-they were great! I timed all of our waits (nerdy I know) and the longest we had to wait was 12 minutes after Illuminations. Our average wait time was 6 minutes! Also, our exposure to DTD stragglers was very minimal.

Artist Palette was great as usual. The CM's who work here are some of the most helpful and friendly on Disney Property. My DH is hooked on the chicken cesaer salad and I could live on the vegetable flat breads and the brownies.

DH usually jogs around the resort but he used the health club this time because of rain and he was very impressed.

Bell Services was great! Bags delivered right away when our room was ready and they were there within 5 minutes after calling to bring them for our pick-up.

I have some pictures that I will attempt to add a little later.

*Pics Added Below*

Glad to see you had a great time!

We love our stays at SSR more and more everytime we go back!

I have to agree about the bus service at SSR. We have had minimal bad service on our stays at SSR, maybe we are just lucky...I dunno.

We love the food coices at AP too. Not just the same ole same ole.

So glad to here you enjoyed your stay at SSR. It does get more and more beautiful. It is just a picturesque resort. Glad to hear Grandstand is coming along. We hope to be able to stay there on our next visit.:thumbsup2

I always LOVE reading posts about SSR. We just purchased in Dec. 06 and are planning our first trip home to SSR and also BWV in June. Of course we have toured it but not yet gotten to "live it." Hearing such positive remarks makes the wait even harder.

Thank you -

Ellen

PS - I noticed you own at BWV too. Do you have a preference of your two restorts? We are thinking of buying BWV or BCV.

PS - I noticed you own at BWV too. Do you have a preference of your two restorts? We are thinking of buying BWV or BCV.

We love both SSR and BWV for different reasons. We love BWV for Food and Wine and for when we are planning a high energy vacation. We love SSR for the tranquilty and total relaxation that it offers. As a side note: This recent stay was during one of the quietest times at Disney, so the parks weren't too crazy but I still really appreciated the peace and solitude at SSR. HTH.

We love both SSR and BWV for different reasons. We love BWV for Food and Wine and for when we are planning a high energy vacation. We love SSR for the tranquilty and total relaxation that it offers. As a side note: This recent stay was during one of the quietest times at Disney, so the parks weren't too crazy but I still really appreciated the peace and solitude at SSR. HTH.

This is the exact reason we are hoping to buy at one of the Epcot resorts - for the close proximity - major park attacks! Yet, I think I will love the serenity of SSR on those trips too!! That quiet, peaceful atmosphere is one of the reasons we thought SSR would be such a good choice at Disney. It gives you a sense of calm after a day of madness!!

Thanks for the response!

Ellen

Thanks!! Enjoyed your report:thumbsup2

I thought the Swans were beautiful! And to have 6 of them on 1 lake!:wizard:

Here's some pics (please excuse my novice photography skills)

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597-1.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Here's some pics (please excuse my novice photography skills)

IMG_0635.jpg

Hey, that's my room. First floor where those brick archways are. Very convenient. Only thing I wandered about was the lack of screens. I can just imagine all the salamanders hitchhiking into our room come our May trip. (Not a complaint. I had a load of them at Marriott Grande Vista my last May trip. My nephew wanted to take one home. Fast little buggers!)

And I love those swans! Sort of unexpected bonus for me. I can't wait to take my leisurely strolls about the place this Spring. Was way too cold in December.

Thanks for the great report and awesome photos. I too love reading reports about SSR. We had the time of our lives there last month. Cannot wait to return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter