Just back from SOG

Pixie1

Earning My Ears
I just got back from a 5 day trip. We stayed at Shades of Green. The rennovated resort is very pretty. We were in room 4132 in the new addition. The rooms are just as nice as before. We had 2 queen beds and a sofa that could be made into a daybed. The dorm size refrigerator is in the dresser and there is a coffee pot in the vanity area. The staff was very friendly. Housekeeping was great. We used the vallet parking several times and didn't have a problem. The vallet parking is free. We also parked in the parking garage at times. The new rooms are not close to the pools. We would go down the back stairs on the outside of the building and follow the paths to the pools. This was quicker than walking though the resort buildings. The new restaurant is open. We did not eat there but did notice a sign that said proper attire is required. I don't know what they considered proper. Most of the ladies had on sundresses or capri outfits. The only problem we had was on our last day. We woke up and the air conditioner was not cooling. I called the front desk and they said they were aware of the problem and had someone working on it. When we came back at 2:00 the problem had been fixed. We had a great time. I would be glad to answer any questions.

Wow! Do you mean the new Italian restaurant is FINALLY open? I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen before we got there at the end of this month. You said it said "proper attire" and saw women in sundresses or Capri pants. Did you see what the men were wearing? I just wonder if long pants are a must for my husband if we want to eat there.
Were you happy staying in the new section or would you have rather been in the old section closer to the pools?
Thanks!

welcome back!!

how was the weather? did it rain everyday? was it sticky?

i leave in 7 days and wanted to start packing so I wouldnt have to wash next week.

The men in the restuarant were wearing slacks, mostly khakis. I didn't see an exact dress code posted. Personally, I didn't mind the walk to the pools . We went down the back stairs and to the pools. If I were staying longer I might want to be closer to the pools because my daughter does swim just about everyday. If we were closer I would probably let her and a friend walk to the pool alone. The weather was hot and sticky, as expected. The highs were in the mid 90's and lows in the mid 70's. It rained everyday sometime between 4 - 6. It always stopped and we'd go to the next park. The coffee shop downstairs by the bus stop is opened now. They have pastries in the morning and there are tables and chairs to sit in while you eat. We really enjoyed our stay. I hope you all have a great time!

Everything seems like it's starting to fall into place! I'm so excited, can't wait to get there!! I love SOG!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update. We check in on Sunday!

Enjoy your stay. We thought the resort really looked beautiful. We had a great time! Hopefully, my husband will be back to go with us on our next visit.

Oh, I did want to mention that you can see the MK fireworks from the top or the parking garage. We watched the fireworks there on Saturday night. There were only 3 or 4 other families up there. I thought it was a pretty good view. You can't see the low fireworks but you could see everything else.

Pixie1...we all hope your husband and all the rest of the troops are home soon!

Does thge SOG has haigh speed internet access in the rooms? If so, what type (wired, wifi, via TV system) and what is rate?

Thanks!

Yes, everything is now open and it looks great. Cdoxey, I'm not the best person to ask about the high speed internet. Yes, there was a keyboard on the dresser near the TV, but I didn't ask about a rate for using it. I also wanted to mention that we didn't use guest services, but it was always busy. I had the feeling that they are still learning the ropes, just by some of the conversations I overheard one day. I was waiting for my daughter while she ran into the PX shop. I would have all of my on site ps lined up and not worry about going through guest services.

Someone told me a while ago how to get to the Poly Resort Monorail Station but I forgot. Could someone please tell me? I am deployed and getting ready to come home and go on this trip very very soon!!! I am sooo excited!!!! Thanks for the info on SOG. It sounds wonderful!!!!:Pinkbounc :tongue: :earsboy: ::yes::

I'm so happy to hear that you will be home soon! We walked to the Poly from SOG and rode the monorail to MK. There is a path from SOG to the Poly. It is very well lit and my DD and I walked it easily in 10 min. When we would come back from the MK we would ride the monorail to TTC and ride the SOG bus back to SOG. We never waited more than 5 min for the bus, this was in the evening when MK was closing. I hope you have a great time!

Pixie1 - Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like they might offer internet access via the TV system.

Does anyone know...

What is rate?

Is it high speed Internet access?

Can you hook up laptop and get access via it?

Thanks!

Called the resort and found that they do offer internet access via the TV System. It has wireless keyboard. I asked if it was high speed and the lady said comperable to dial-up.

Bummer!

When we were there in May, I think I noticed it was about $10 a day for the internet. We didn't use it, but I did read about it.

We'll be there in mid-Sept. Do they check for military ID everytime you enter the gate? Also, is the size of these room comparable to Disney moderate resort rooms?

The SoG rooms are actually larger than the Disney moderate hotel rooms. If I'm not mistaken, SoG has the largest on-site standard rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter