• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just back from Riverside (Bayou) - any qstns?

my3boys

Mouseketeer
We are just back and stayed in Bldg. 16 in a renovated corner room - we enjoyed the room and had awesome housekeeping with many towel critters. Renovation was being done on Bldgs. 14 & 15, and I looked in some rooms and saw they gutted down to the bare bones - just dry wall.

I'll gladly answer any questions.....

hi! we're heading there next Friday and are really excited. in your opinion, which AB buildings would you recommend? we don't mind the long walk to the main building. we just want to know what you think are the best building locations.

also, what did you think of the pool and slide? we have 2 DDs (ages 6 and 9) who loves waterplay.

thanks in advance!!!

Do you think the fridge is big enough for two gallons of milk and then a few small things?

Maybe I can help?!?

AB Buildings: check this site POR map The farther you walk, the quieter it is. The trees are real lush near buildings 34-38.

Pool Slide: Perfect for any age. My family likes it better than any other resort we visited. I think it is only about 3 1/2 ft. deep at the bottom of the slide. My DD was 3 when she mastered it!

Food Court: The food court had more choices a few years back. It is sufficient. Nothing to rave about, but you can always find something. Hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, pizza, salads, desserts, etc. My DS recommends the bread sticks!! Maybe "My3boys" can give us the latest?!?

Fridges: Haven't seen them, but from what I read, a gallon of milk will fit comfortably.

Mansion renovation: is complete. Only AB buildings 14 and 15 are still being worked on. Does anyone know an estimated completion date?

Hope that helps!!

Thanks Ms. S. White for answering the questions, and I'll try to fill in on the others.

Yes, the frig should hold the gallons of milk by moving around some shelves. No mini-freezer is in the frig. if that is important.

We never ate at the food court, but I was amazed at how busy it was.

We never got to the pool with all the rain :( , but we did let the kids run around playground on one sunny afternoon and they had a great time.

I'm not sure when the renovation will be completed, but they were hard at work each day.

We really like the Bayou section, and bldg. 16 was a short, pleasant walk to the main bldg. and bus stop.

The one thing we didn't like were how full the buses always seemed to be. Oftentimes, the buses filled up after just the first stop (South Depot).

:crowded:

How ristic is that area? I'm really not into rustic,which is why I picked the Mansions. On the other hand I'd love the trundle bed

JennyMominRI said:
How ristic is that area? I'm really not into rustic,which is why I picked the Mansions. On the other hand I'd love the trundle bed

I am with you Jenny. When we were there in November and they told me we were in the AB section I was disappointed. We had stayed in the Mansion section the first time we were there. But I tell you, we like it a LOT more. It really is nice in AB, so I would give it a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I'd be very grateful if anyone who has recently been to the alligator Bayou rooms could ease my fears. We've been to just about every resort at Disney several times, but in May we will be staying at Riverside for the first time. We asked for the bayou rooms because the area seems to have a little more "flavor" than the mansions. The problem is that in the few pics I have seen of the bayou rooms, it looks pretty bare and bland. Actually, the pics we saw made the rooms look kind of dirty. I assume that these were just bad pics I saw, but Im getting a little concerned.
Can any of you guys let me know how you liked the room you stayed in and if it was clean overall? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Are there ceiling fans in the rooms? I saw another post about taking your own fan but if there are ceiling fans that would be great. I just need something to circulate the air while I'm sleeping. Also where and what did you eat? Are the beinets (FQ) sold all day or just at breakfast? Did you go to the FQ or ride the boat to Downtown Disney? Thanks!

xmatt0926x said:
The problem is that in the few pics I have seen of the bayou rooms, it looks pretty bare and bland. Actually, the pics we saw made the rooms look kind of dirty. I assume that these were just bad pics I saw, but Im getting a little concerned.
Can any of you guys let me know how you liked the room you stayed in and if it was clean overall? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
We stay there a lot, the last trip was in August and the rooms have always been nice and clean. Well themed and fun!

Sadie said:
Are there ceiling fans in the rooms?
There have always been fans in the rooms whenever we have stayed there. I can't imagine them not being there after the remodeling.

Enjoy your trips!
Smiles,
Diane =0)

Thanks for the response whitegloves. Ive been researching this resort and now I understand that the resort underwent renovations recently? If I'm reading things correctly, is it true that the Alligator rooms are not finished yet? Some of the posts that mentioned the rooms not being refurbished yet were from last month so I'm wondering whether at this point if they are officially done yet. Does anyone know the status of the refurb. with the alligator bayou rooms? Thanks.

Anyone who has been to POR AB...which 2 buildings would you request if ..

#1 Want to be the foodcourt
#2 Want to be near bus stop
#3 Non smoking

Thanks!

mommykds said:
Anyone who has been to POR AB...which 2 buildings would you request if ..

#1 Want to be the foodcourt
#2 Want to be near bus stop
#3 Non smoking

Thanks!

I would request Building 14 or 15 :)

We just got back after a week at POR AB #27. This room is only a short walk from the main building, the main pool, a quiet pool and the bus stop. It was in great shape and clean.

There is a curtain between the "bedroom" and the sinks. DS loved having two sinks (although I don't know why). The Mousekepper was great. She was there one morning when we got back and she thanked the kids for their hand written envelopes (for the tips).

The foodcourt had fairly good selection and quality... but could be slow due to the crowds.

We spent a whole afternoon at the main pool. DS (4) and DD (8) loved it, especially the waterslide. With all the rain, it was better than trying to commit a whole day to Typhoon Lagoon.

The staff was excellent and other guests were friendly and almost always exchanges 'hellos' on the path.

POR definitely gets a thumbs up from me!!!!! :worship:

Sadie said:
Are the beinets (FQ) sold all day or just at breakfast? Did you go to the FQ or ride the boat to Downtown Disney? Thanks!

YOu can get the beinets are Riverside and I got mine mid day I am pretty sure.

xmatt0926x said:
Does anyone know the status of the refurb. with the alligator bayou rooms? Thanks.

I believe it was mentioned in this thread that they are working on the last two buildings now....14 and 15 and then they are done.

We've heard a few people say that the South Depot fills up and is the busiest stop because of the food court being so close, so should we take this bus or do you recommend other bus stops around the resort because they are less crowded? Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks

The south stop is the first one for POR, so if you're close, I'd go there. It was pretty rare last week that the buses would be packed when they came from FQ.

There were a couple of times that it was standing room only after we left the south depot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter